Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Prehistorical Computers - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Micose

Post Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:52 pm   Reply with quote         

Heres the first console i had (1982-83) and my first computer (in those years too), both were made in France and damn (my mother just wanted evthg made in France), there were Intelvision and Atari at that time...lol.!
The computer was a big sh@@ too, both companys died in a few

total fake jkeyboard included! lol! (people thought they were buying a computer for free! really!)

Hector HRX. My first BASIC programs, remember ! Very Happy

Hey may be some of the "older" people here have pic of their evenmore old machines here ? dlike to see them! Cool
janetdog

Post Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:48 pm   Reply with quote         

Holy memory lane Batman!

I learned Apple basic in 82' at my highschool computer lab that boasted four Apple II e's with 48k ram and a floppy drive. I can remember typing endless lines of code from geek periodicals only to have the whole thing carp out because of a misplaced punctuation mark or a mis-addressed value. The place was a-buzz when a commodore color 64 computer was introduced to the stable. It did basically the same thing at half the price of an apple. Later, As a teachers aid in the buisness wing, I had the chance to deal with exciting new technology. The 1 meg hard drive. Office applications like lotus 123 were run from a trash80 server and eight 'workstations'. I had the pleasure of grading work stored on the server. What a hastle. 38 students from five classes all stored on the hi tech cutting edge server!

Yep, those were the days. Computers were slow, time consuming, and pretty much worthless and we liked it that way.

Post Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:39 am   Reply with quote         

yay , i just download some emulators, i want to get back my old machines,but im quite disappointed,by their quality. I dont have the C64 emulator, its quite hard to find a free and good one. (and i didn't had that machine, iused to played on it at friends'home, me ive got a computer Amstrad CPC6128'french,again,lol,but better than usual). I just noted that the graphisms for instance, even if are really near to the originals, are not exactly the same.
TofuTheGreat

Post Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:14 pm   Reply with quote         

First computer that was all mine. My dad bought it for me for my high school graduation.

Before that I'd used Apple IIe's in school. A girlfriend had one of the first Macintosh's (I used to play the original Tetris on it).

After this one my next computer was an IBM Aptiva 486DX2 66MHz with a whopping 4MB of RAM. After that I built a TigerDirect Pentium system and then got a Dell. After that all my computers have come from work. So I've only had 4 computers of my own over the last almost 20 years.

Paul Von Stetina

Post Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:19 pm   Reply with quote         

My first laptop...

Check out the "state of the art" monitor, Surprised
I even had Adobe Stonecarving Shop, it took a while to carveload, (they used to carveload, before download) but back then, we had nothing but time...

Rolling Eyes Wink

Paul Von Stetina

Post Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:39 pm   Reply with quote         

Oh yea, things only got better from there. Shocked Laughing

Lets not forget the Commodore Pet

http://www.old-computers.com/store/goodies/default.asp

OK, for real, this was my first Computer system, Commodore Amiga, Video Toaster, you don't want to know what I spent on this thing, this picture is a later version, but this computer was way ahead of its time, it was designed for Video effects, Switching, 3D Lightwave, Production, Graphics, etc. I could not keep up, so I shut her down before I ever really got going with it, now it sits on a shelf collecting dust, Crying or Very sad We made a few video's with some cool effects, but back then in the early 90's the digital switchover had not happened yet, now, video camera's have gotten better and cheaper, and I believe toaster is now PC compatible.

Post Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:56 pm   Reply with quote         

LOL... I started with a Tandy 2000, then the commadore 64, loved that machine! Did learn the code to make a face bounce across my screen in 5th grade or so... I believe on an Apple II ...LOL

Fraggy

Post Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:04 pm   Reply with quote         

ah where's the time of my first one, the trs-80 from radioshack. Soon afterwards we bought the commodore 64... An astonishin 64kb of memory. Quickly loading games and software stored on cassettes...

Load "davy"
Press play on tape

Get some coffee, do some dishes, visit your long lost family members on the other side of the world...

Ready
Run

*sigh*

still got it somewhere on the attic.. never will get rid of the thing Smile

Post Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:55 pm   Reply with quote         

I have a Packard-Bell LEGEND 600x Supreme running Windows 3.1 behind me, with original monitor, mouse, keyboard and printer that all still work. Can't even find any pics of one on the net!

Granulated

Post Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:18 pm   Reply with quote         

here's my first computer.. 48K Oric

the launch kept on getting delayed after I'd ordered it and after bugging them so much they let me pick up a pre-production model from their Ascot headquarters.

I was almost certainly the first person in the world to have an Oric program 'listing' printed in a magazine (Your Computer March 83 or thereabouts). I got £15 for it. Not bad considering I was getting £3 a week pocket money at the time.

A proud moment indeed. I only found out when I was looking at the issue in the newsagents, My check and conratulations letter arrived a week later.

Granulated

Post Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:20 pm   Reply with quote         

Grefix wrote:
ah where's the time of my first one, the trs-80 from radioshack. Soon afterwards we bought the commodore 64... An astonishin 64kb of memory. Quickly loading games and software stored on cassettes...

Load "davy"
Press play on tape

Get some coffee, do some dishes, visit your long lost family members on the other side of the world...

Ready
Run

*sigh*

still got it somewhere on the attic.. never will get rid of the thing Smile

I had one after my Oric.

Of the 64k, only 39 was available to the user!

Great sound chip of course and a much nicer keyboard than most other machines.

splodge

Post Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:00 pm   Reply with quote         

bin there, got them, go to ebay, not worth f**k all, down load them to your grand children, still worth f**k all, send it 5 generations, still worth f**k all, a solid state bit of plastic, still worth nothing

Hallcross Toots
Micose

Post Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:34 pm   Reply with quote         

[quote="splodge"]bin there, got them, go to ebay, not worth f**k all, down load them to your grand children, still worth f**k all, send it 5 generations, still worth f**k all, a solid state bit of plastic, still worth nothing[/quote

Laughing Cool agreee
Paul Von Stetina

Post Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:13 pm   Reply with quote         

Very Happy if they never made those pieces of shite, we would not be having any fun now, nor would we even know each other, to think it was plastic that brought us all together Rolling Eyes it must be true, we live in a plastic world.

Dot

Location: Tacoma, WA since march 2010, born and raised in Belgium

Post Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:00 pm   Reply with quote         

Well...since i'm not that much of a fossil yet... Razz ...this was my first thing that came close to a computer...it was more ment to play games...but there was also a program on it called basic...in witch you could write little programms...never understood how Shocked

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Prehistorical Computers - Reply to topic