Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Welcome Center - How to submit in a contest and have the high res image? - Reply to topic

pilote.tardif

Post Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:41 pm   Reply with quote         

It might sound stupid but one said to me you dont have to post a link to your high resolution image in your contest submission description. Once uploaded, when your supposed to click on my submited image (800X600) to open a new window and show the high resolution one: this does not work ... <-- How do you do that? Everybodys image has this function while i dont get how everybody can do this. (wich is why i think it might be stupid).
I though about uploading my 2560X1920 image submission, but of course it din't worked (size too big).
Any one knows how to submit an image with the normal 800X600 size to be allowed to upload, while at the same time allow to click on it after to see the high resolution one?
Thanks a lot Rolling Eyes
(please answer with some details so theres not too much confusion)

Heres an example:
[normal one]
http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/113161/emergence.html
[High res one] http://photoshopcontest.com/images/large/grv5892wpas8u8a4w4k6f6q3cs2s2zvhc9gt.jpg

Pilot out

Post Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:48 pm   Reply with quote         

Advantage members can submit larger sizes.
My suggestion is that you put the larger, hi-res version somewhere like Photobucket or Image Shack and post the link in the author notes of your entry.
Smile

pilote.tardif

Post Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:59 pm   Reply with quote         

oh, then almost everybody has "advantaged membership"... okay then... that what i'll do, as that's what i always did...
Photobucket can go no bigger than 1024X768 while i can go bigger than 2560X1920 with Image Shack as far as i know

thanks a lot for the clariffication Very Happy

Post Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:15 pm   Reply with quote         

Glad to help!

Cheers!

Smile

bigbuck

Post Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:55 am   Reply with quote         

From what I can see, you've not uploaded an 800x600 entry yet....
Your three entries are;
650w x 488h (115KB)
599w x 400h (118KB)
510w x 599h (70KB)
These were/are your higher res entries and the link is working to them. They do not display at this size on the standard entry page......I think it's something like 550x500 by default. You were probably able to upload bigger entries than you did with a little optimisation. Non-advantage have 800x600 @125kb.....while advantage has 1280x960 @ 512kb.
HTH,
Buck

pilote.tardif

Post Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:51 pm   Reply with quote         

well i uploaded a 800X600 just now and as long as it weight's no more than 125kb im good. Its a bit of working with the quality level when its time to save for web. Thx again for the info.

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Welcome Center - How to submit in a contest and have the high res image? - Reply to topic