Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - All source or little source that is the question - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

TheShaman

Post Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:06 pm   Reply with quote         

well since we're all apologizing..

I'm sorry Soze for bringing up what was supposed to be under the bridge. Regardless if someone else or I started it. It was out of line.

Post Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:09 pm   Reply with quote         

[quote="Soze"]
FootFungas wrote:
Soze wrote:
FootFungas wrote:
If it's a good chop, I'll vote for it.

According to you Foot

I'm sorry for you if i hurted you, in any way.
I certainly don't need your votes, my vpp is not so bad. I would only say that also i vote for a chop if it looks nice.

Where you saying i was bias?
Or where you just saying that you agreed?

But, if you don't want me to vote for you, I'll keep that in mind.

Post Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:11 pm   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
well since we're all apologizing..

I'm sorry Soze for bringing up what was supposed to be under the bridge. Regardless if someone else or I started it. It was out of line.

No problem Sean, Between the other lessons to learn i'll put a pair of English lessons ha ha ha.
English, the global language. Next time i talk you italian an then i wont see who speaks better ha ha ha hah a.

TheShaman

Post Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:15 pm   Reply with quote         

Soze wrote:
No problem Sean, Between the other lessons to learn i'll put a pair of English lessons ha ha ha.
English, the global language. Next time i talk you italian an then i wont see who speaks better ha ha ha hah a.

well you def got me there.. its hard enough for me to speak English Laughing

& I give you credit for that as well. but still, you really gotta watch the way you put things. cause sometimes like just a few minutes ago, it seemed really really bad Wink

Post Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:15 pm   Reply with quote         

[quote="FootFungas"]
Soze wrote:
FootFungas wrote:
Soze wrote:
FootFungas wrote:
If it's a good chop, I'll vote for it.

According to you Foot

I'm sorry for you if i hurted you, in any way.
I certainly don't need your votes, my vpp is not so bad. I would only say that also i vote for a chop if it looks nice.

Where you saying i was bias?
Or where you just saying that you agreed?

But, if you don't want me to vote for you, I'll keep that in mind.

Nothing Foot nothing, i told ya only that also i vote for a chop if it loooks nice. Indipendent of how mach source there is within. OK?

Soze

Post Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:18 pm   Reply with quote         

GUYYYYYYYYYYS international incident is ended.
Please put your comments for the original topic. Cool
What do you thing about Cheryl question ?

Sassy

Post Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:26 pm   Reply with quote         

Soze wrote:
GUYYYYYYYYYYS international incident is ended.
Please put your comments for the original topic. Cool
What do you thing about Cheryl question ?

Shocked

Post Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:27 pm   Reply with quote         

Cheryl question is, again, well illustrated by her chop, which is top-notch, its an ALLsource but she has humility (maybe too much) to call it source n ps work.
Sean said sthg right about the factt hat at least a part of the pic has to be left "intact", or recalls at the first glimpse the source shape/texture and/or color to get , usually votes.
i tried to sum up for u to start again guys. Good luck ! Laughing
Micose

Post Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:33 pm   Reply with quote         

Sassy wrote:
I keep deleting what I type so I will not say anything and will keep my opinions to myself...

Laughing ur so cool Cool
bigbuck

Post Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:51 pm   Reply with quote         

OK, my two cents worth.....
It is quite satisfying to complete a nice chop using only a source picture without externals or templates, but I don't think all source equates to more or less votes.
I tend to rate images more on originality of idea, visual impact and the amount of work which has gone into them.
Take for instance some of those lovely pics that dabdi has done with lots of little externals very well integrated into an image....or how marco extends a source pic from landscape to portrait with a well chosen and nicely integrated external. So all source does not necessarily mean lots of work, nor does it mean it should get more votes. I think it's more of a personal satisfaction thing....well it is for me anyway.
So I won yesterday with an all source. I certainly didn't think it was a winning image when I posted it. I wasn't overly happy with my attempt at making the ice and water, but I was looking to create a mood that I don't think I would have been able to do by putting the penguin on an external background. Whereas this all source http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/110859/cry-fowl.html I thought was a very good chance of winning when I did it....but it didn't even get a place.
So all source is just one of many factors which may go into a good chop. Hell, it was only a few weeks ago that (what looked like) a fairly simple cut and paste won a comp here.

Mir

Post Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:58 pm   Reply with quote         

lol guys reading this thread is hilarious. If there ever there was a language barrier this was it. If you ever want a translator please pm me i can do both Italian and English. Poor Soze when he said according with you he was meaning to say i agree with you, in Italian daccordo means I agree............. any way glad it's all settled now. Italian can sound really harsh when translated literally unlike when you speak it, it then sounds so sweet. Laughing Laughing Laughing

nifft

Post Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:03 pm   Reply with quote         

Mir wrote:
lol guys reading this thread is hilarious. If there ever there was a language barrier this was it. If you ever want a translator please pm me i can do both Italian and English. Poor Soze when he said according with you he was meaning to say i agree with you, in Italian daccordo means I agree............. any way glad it's all settled now. Italian can sound really harsh when translated literally unlike when you speak it, it then sounds so sweet. Laughing Laughing Laughing

D'accordo con te Mir. Laughing
This was better than a Soap. lol lol

Soze

Post Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:04 pm   Reply with quote         

Mir wrote:

Ok Mir i will send you my messages to correct it before sendig anyone. ha ha aha ha ha thanks

Mir

Post Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:06 pm   Reply with quote         

no problem Soze Very Happy

Micose

Post Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:24 pm   Reply with quote         

Je suis d'accord avec vous.
Bonne nuit !
Cool

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - All source or little source that is the question - Reply to topic