Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - All source or little source that is the question - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Mir

Post Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:07 am   Reply with quote         

Micose
Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:24 pm

Je suis d'accord avec vous.
Bonne nuit !

Yep Micose as in French as well. I hope you had a good night, I only saw it this morning.

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:19 am   Reply with quote         

oh good I wake up to see this is back on topic woo hooo Very Happy

anyways, I like progression of skills whether it be all source or external and source intergrated.

Some sources require a well chosen external to set it off, on the flip side, it is possible to do all source for every entry if you put your mind to it, but this doesn't mean it will get a good reception, choose the wrong source to do an all sourcer with and it can look like a barrel of ass.

I like to do a few things when I get a source image.

Brad mentioned I extend my images with a well chosen external, this is not exactly true, 90% of the time, because of the ratio I like my portfolio to be viewed at, as Brad says portrait. I use the source given to extend the image, through healing and repairing with brushes from the actual source. Like painting to extend it in other words. Then repairing the extended area so it matches where I have extended it from.

Another method I use is to disect the image into its main elements, which takes time. Then creating and manipulating them into a new more visually exciting image....hopefully Laughing

This method usually does require externals to complet the image, as the background has been destroyed by the disection, plus it is now something totally different.

It depends though, there are many things that can be done to a source, I just above all try to make it interesting and different most of the time.

So in conclusion, which method do I prefer. Well I have great respect for all sourcers, but it is not the be all and end all of how to impress me, lots impress me, apprieciating upcoming talent, and how people grow here, well intergrated elements can really bring a source to life.

The first thing I do look for however is the initial impact. the Wham Bam factor. There is some wonderful imaginative people here at PSC. Even if the skill level does not match the creative brain of the person, I can get alot of enjoyment out of a not to well done piece, that has a really great theme and creative originality.

Ok ya'll can wake up now, I am done Laughing

Mir

Post Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:03 am   Reply with quote         

quote]Well I have great respect for all sourcers, but it is not the be all and end all of how to impress me, lots impress me, apprieciating upcoming talent, and how people grow here, well intergrated elements can really bring a source to life.

The first thing I do look for however is the initial impact. the Wham Bam factor. There is some wonderful imaginative people here at PSC. Even if the skill level does not match the creative brain of the person, I can get alot of enjoyment out of a not too well done piece, that has a really great theme and creative originality.

I could'nt have said it better marco, that is how I feel too.[/quote]

bigbuck

Post Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:33 am   Reply with quote         

marcoballistic wrote:
Brad mentioned I extend my images with a well chosen external, this is not exactly true, 90% of the time, because of the ratio I like my portfolio to be viewed at, as Brad says portrait. I use the source given to extend the image, through healing and repairing with brushes from the actual source. Like painting to extend it in other words. Then repairing the extended area so it matches where I have extended it from.

I wasn't suggesting you always do that Marco, I was just trying to make the point that finding and integrating the right external can sometimes be as time consuming as working from the source...
Like you said, impact and the idea used are really important too. How many times have you seen a great chop and thought 'damn', why didn't I think of that.....

ScionShade

Post Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:30 am   Reply with quote         

The Wham Bam factor?

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:09 am   Reply with quote         

oh no I hear ya Brad, I wasn't having a dig, I knew what ya meant, I wasjust clarifying Very Happy

And yes Joe, Wham Bam thank you Mam Very Happy

Post Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:23 am   Reply with quote         

Is there a condensed version of this thread available? Not much time to read the whole thing.

blue_lurker

Post Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:26 am   Reply with quote         

My turn, as my fellow Aussie said, you do get great satisfaction from completing an all source image. If it votes well that’s just great. What I will never understand is the few people that never try and all sources or a sweet giffy magic, or a Micros Swirly whirly…as many have said this site is a great place to learn and help others…
Vote is great but its like Drew Carry says…”The vote aint worth a thing”.

Cheryl all source in my opinion takes just a little more creative talent, in most cases, but in truth this is a place for Photoshop and its all good if it makes ya smile…cut and paste, sweet giffy magic, all source, polar bears who freakin cares…your doing fine with your art work so f**ck the rest and do ya best.

Ok off da soap box now…
(Just a side note but months ago I suggested all source Wednesday, sweet giffy magic Monday, chop da chopper Tuesday…Nude choppin Friday and my fav…. midget jello wrestlin Sunday…nothing to do with PS I just love midgets)

Marx-Man

Post Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:01 pm   Reply with quote         

eyes shouldn't always be on the prize but on the work done.

cherylm329

Post Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:12 pm   Reply with quote         

Marx-Man wrote:
eyes shouldn't always be on the prize but on the work done.

My question wasn't about a prize or votes, it was about clarification of what is expected in a chop Smile

cherylm329

Post Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:15 pm   Reply with quote         

blue_lurker wrote:
My turn, as my fellow Aussie said, you do get great satisfaction from completing an all source image. If it votes well that’s just great. What I will never understand is the few people that never try and all sources or a sweet giffy magic, or a Micros Swirly whirly…as many have said this site is a great place to learn and help others…
Vote is great but its like Drew Carry says…”The vote aint worth a thing”.

Cheryl all source in my opinion takes just a little more creative talent, in most cases, but in truth this is a place for Photoshop and its all good if it makes ya smile…cut and paste, sweet giffy magic, all source, polar bears who freakin cares…your doing fine with your art work so f**ck the rest and do ya best.

Ok off da soap box now…
(Just a side note but months ago I suggested all source Wednesday, sweet giffy magic Monday, chop da chopper Tuesday…Nude choppin Friday and my fav…. midget jello wrestlin Sunday…nothing to do with PS I just love midgets)

Thanks blue. My question wasn't about votes at all (I have actually done really well with votes in my all source images) I was just trying to get some clarification on what is expected in a chop.

cherylm329

Post Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:16 pm   Reply with quote         

marcoballistic wrote:
oh good I wake up to see this is back on topic woo hooo Very Happy

anyways, I like progression of skills whether it be all source or external and source intergrated.

Some sources require a well chosen external to set it off, on the flip side, it is possible to do all source for every entry if you put your mind to it, but this doesn't mean it will get a good reception, choose the wrong source to do an all sourcer with and it can look like a barrel of ass.

I like to do a few things when I get a source image.

Another method I use is to disect the image into its main elements, which takes time. Then creating and manipulating them into a new more visually exciting image....hopefully Laughing

This method usually does require externals to complet the image, as the background has been destroyed by the disection, plus it is now something totally different.

It depends though, there are many things that can be done to a source, I just above all try to make it interesting and different most of the time.

So in conclusion, which method do I prefer. Well I have great respect for all sourcers, but it is not the be all and end all of how to impress me, lots impress me, apprieciating upcoming talent, and how people grow here, well intergrated elements can really bring a source to life.

The first thing I do look for however is the initial impact. the Wham Bam factor. There is some wonderful imaginative people here at PSC. Even if the skill level does not match the creative brain of the person, I can get alot of enjoyment out of a not to well done piece, that has a really great theme and creative originality.

Ok ya'll can wake up now, I am done Laughing

I bet your fingers were tired after typing that Razz Thanks Marco, very informative Smile

cherylm329

Post Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:18 pm   Reply with quote         

digitalpharaoh wrote:
Is there a condensed version of this thread available? Not much time to read the whole thing.

It spun out of control for about 2.5 seconds and now were landing smoothly, end of story! Razz

blue_lurker

Post Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:24 am   Reply with quote         

Thanks blue. My question wasn't about votes at all (I have actually done really well with votes in my all source images) I was just trying to get some clarification on what is expected in a chop.[/quote]

Yeah I know that you know that some people know that its not about the vote...ya know...but some people dont know that we know its not about the vote...so us people in the know, know that a votes just a vote...if ya know what I mean Laughing NO!!!!

miskis

Post Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:01 pm   Reply with quote         

As a total newbie here this is a great forum to read.. lots of different insights and ideas..
I would think.. hope.. that as long as one could tell the source was used, all else would be gravy. I think for me.. it would be the most imaginative, well put together piece made regardless of what was used or not used.
Not that I can even vote yet.. or submited anything.. Razz
It was nice to have a peek into the collective mind before hand.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - All source or little source that is the question - Reply to topic