Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - I simply dont understand this - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

TheShaman

Post Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:57 am   Reply with quote         

Stevster wrote:
Rolling Eyes Ignorance is quick to speak. Rolling Eyes

is that like

a wise man knows much but says little, yet a foolish man knows little and says much?

Post Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:02 am   Reply with quote         

It goes the other way, too. I happened to really like my whale submission, but it didn't do too well. But then my "Beachamids" thing - in the Beach Henge contest - gets votes???!!! WTF? Thanks to the kind souls who voted for it, but I think it sucks. It's pretty arbitrary on the middle ground stuff. Meh... just chop and have fun. Smile

Post Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:06 am   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
Stevster wrote:
Rolling Eyes Ignorance is quick to speak. Rolling Eyes

is that like

a wise man knows much but says little, yet a foolish man knows little and says much?

You are correct grasshopper. Smile

tobini

Post Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:07 am   Reply with quote         

first...
i'm 13.. i can't buy photos.. i have a win 98 with photoshop 7.. i haven't a digital camera... anyway the usb for the cameras doesn't work.. i want someone to rate my photoshopped pics.. that's it
and there's a lot of pictures with "stolen" backgrounds or textures..
so why don't you shut up and enjoy an image instead of telling what's wrong in it..

end
ps: don't say anything about my english because i speak spanish

Post Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:10 am   Reply with quote         

it all basically comes down to actions speaking louder than words...and ya know There have been a ton of times where some of my crap has gotten far more votes than i thought they would ...why did i post them then....for fun ...to make ya all laugh ....to keep my skillzz non rust (or lack thereof).... And there have been a few times that i spent well over 8-10 hours on an image i was sure would be hi up there in votes ,,,and nothing !!! we all have been there what makes you any different or more special.......suck it up ....and blow our doors off with a killer chop and stop the proverbial whining...damn...if you spent half the time working on improving your chops and skills that ya do posting this verbose babble in the forums cause "you aren't getting the votes ya want" ...hell Anfa would be having stiff competition.......ya know theres allot of class act people in here guys and gals that very rarely get hi votes ..but ya know what ...they are still happy ...a pleasure to correspond with and constantly asking questions.(not on vote counts or lack thereof ) but on how they may improve there chops.......damn ya sound like a whining 3 year old that just dropped his ice cream!!! isn't recess over and ya have to go back to class???

and if all else fails I'm sure they'd love to here this ramblings over in WORTH1000.com...if you are so freaking unhappy here (being a vote monger) then maybe thats where ya should be!!!

I'm done!! now STFUAC

He slowly steps off his titanium soapbox and fades into the darkened crowd!!!

TheShaman

Post Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:16 am   Reply with quote         

tobini wrote:
first...
i'm 13.. i can't buy photos.. i have a win 98 with photoshop 7.. i haven't a digital camera... anyway the usb for the cameras doesn't work.. i want someone to rate my photoshopped pics.. that's it
so why don't you shut up and enjoy an image instead of telling what's wrong in it..

end

hey we didn't start this thread and we're not trying to bash YOU. just trying to explain to Roy why it didn't get 50 votes. I thought it was a decent attempt in a 'regular contest' but on prize days I only normally only hand out 5-10 of my 25 votes....

but for a 13yr old... its great.

Post Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:37 am   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
tobini wrote:
first...

end

hey we didn't start this thread and we're not trying to bash YOU. just trying to explain to Roy why it didn't get 50 votes. I thought it was a decent attempt in a 'regular contest' but on prize days I only normally only hand out 5-10 of my 25 votes....

but for a 13yr old... its great.

I agree. Keep chopping and take this sort of thing as a learning experience.

Post Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:42 am   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
in retrospect there are ones that had a high vote total where I went Shocked WTF?!?

all part of 'the game' I suppose.

I was undervoted by one vote on my entry too... or at least thats how many votes I was going for with this

http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/115312/canuck-air-transport.html

Wow, that is nice (I haven't seen any of the past week entries due to my accident) and it is way undervoted.

cherylm329

Post Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:43 am   Reply with quote         

mikey wrote:
No sense in asking why" people like what they like, or who they like and that's that! Wink get over it! Laughing

Ditto Smile

cherylm329

Post Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:52 am   Reply with quote         

[quote="Marx-Man"]people vote on what they like not on skill i mean.. look at this..

http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/115477/kidnapped.html
no whales in sight complete clean up... background had to be made from imagination...

It's not a bad clean up, but you can see the repeats the clone stamp makes in the water and in the background (the water looks funny too, not natural), which makes it loose it's value.

ReyRey

Post Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:20 pm   Reply with quote         

It was a good chop tobini. Don't worry. It was good idea. You did nothing wrong. Just keep on choppin'. The votes will come. Foot Fungas is not much older than you. Check out his portfolio and see how well he has come along. Good luck tobini.
Keep on choppin' Wink

ScionShade

Post Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:37 pm   Reply with quote         

CouldB
What the hell man? You go off on a rant like that and don't even say who it's pointed at?
Is it the guy who started the thread?
Is it Marx's self promotional idiocy that dictates if he tells everyone he's good often enough they'll believe it?
Is it Cherry blowing wind up peoples skirts randomly?
Is it Shaman who's still not happy after being overvoted?
Or is it the guy who posted just before you who
for no reason at all finds himself taking all this BS from a buncha
people scared to confront KNOWN choppers cause it'll cost them in votes?
I agree with HeyHey 100%.
Welcome to PSC Tobini. Smile

Post Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:38 pm   Reply with quote         

tobini wrote:
first...
i'm 13.. i can't buy photos.. i have a win 98 with photoshop 7.. i haven't a digital camera... anyway the usb for the cameras doesn't work.. i want someone to rate my photoshopped pics..

That's not a bad thing, tobini....Every entry in my portfolio was accomplished using Windows 98, Photoshop 7, and "free" images. That's basically all you need. Hell, you're even getting a head start, because I only had Photoshop since I was 15. Just practice often and try not to get upset over threads like this one. They happen fairly often. Smile

(And don't take my first comment in this thread too seriously, I haven't voted in any contests for quite some time. Wink )

Post Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:10 am   Reply with quote         

Sorry Scion Shade I thought it was understood that it was directed at Marx Man....all in jest of course!!!

Hell I'd never say anything like that to someone thats 13 or who didn't open the argumentative door with posts like MM does.....
come on I do have SOME tact & Class...!!!lol

tobini

Post Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:52 am   Reply with quote         

well thanks...
the weird thing is
when i start a topic nobody replies.. but when they write about me everybody does.. XD... except in other forum.. other subject
and MIcose.. ok i'll pm you if i need help
reyrey thx
scion shade thx
everybody thx
and now i'm bored.. i'm going to do something else...

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - I simply dont understand this - Reply to topic