Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Undervoted Anon Contests - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

glennhanna

Post Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:27 pm   Reply with quote         

Thanks for this forum. I was disturbed at first to see that I only had 3 votes for my entry after 6 hours. It makes sense to me now that people are conservative with their votes and only using a vote for the top contenders. After reviewing all the entries, I don't think I'd vote for mine either, since I think more than 5 other entrants did a better job. Hey... pretend you are out of votes at least and leave a comment. Smile

Oscar

Post Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:46 pm   Reply with quote         

Do/can you vote if ya didn't enter the contest?

I sometimes feel guilty that my votes are not been used since sometimes i don't have time to enter the contest... We should be able to donate votes!! how? well lets say that you won't have time to chop or vote and you don't want to waste the votes, well you give your votes to someone who will have time.

~FC

cafn8d

Post Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:59 pm   Reply with quote         

Edit blah blah blah: D'oh! Laughing

They're your votes, your time, and it's completely up to you how you spend or save them. Smile

Oscar

Post Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:04 pm   Reply with quote         

Quote:
They're your votes, your time, and it's completely up to you how you spend or save them. Smile

Thats exactly the point Wink

cafn8d

Post Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:07 pm   Reply with quote         

finestcall wrote:
Quote:

Thats exactly the point Wink

Laughing We need that sarcastic font! hahahaha

TheShaman

Post Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:15 pm   Reply with quote         

finestcall wrote:
Do/can you vote if ya didn't enter the contest?

I sometimes feel guilty that my votes are not been used since sometimes i don't have time to enter the contest... We should be able to donate votes!! how? well lets say that you won't have time to chop or vote and you don't want to waste the votes, well you give your votes to someone who will have time.

~FC

I actually find it easier to vote on contests where I haven't entered. that way I know I'm voting cause I like something, and its not to get a friendly vote in return..
I think thats why I like the saturday & sunday contests, cause I dont see the results till monday, and all those votes I got were because they voted not because I voted for them..

although I guess some of them could have been for me to vote back... but I digress.

anyway the point... VOTE even if you dont enter. but NO EFFING way should we be able to pass our votes to others. geez you think alias' were bad before?!?! Rolling Eyes

Post Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:26 pm   Reply with quote         

New to the forums but wanted to chime in for 2cents worth.
I think what makes this site so appealing is the community you become a part of. Votes and comments are the easiest ways for people to interact and reinforce the community ideal and as such, they shouldn't be held back for just simply the entries that have a chance to win (comments especially). Encouraging a good effort, or outside the box thinking, even if execution suffered, supports not only the individual shopper , but PSC's growth as well.

Oscar

Post Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:27 pm   Reply with quote         

Quote:
but NO EFFING way should we be able to pass our votes to others. geez you think alias' were bad before?!?!

Your not making votes out of thin air... you give your votes (25) to someone you trust... it's not like an alias is going to give someone their votes and still have the same amount of votes remaining.

ie.

You give your 25 votes to someone, he will have 50 and you will have 0.

Get it?

TheShaman

Post Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:32 pm   Reply with quote         

finestcall wrote:
Quote:
but NO EFFING way should we be able to pass our votes to others. geez you think alias' were bad before?!?!

Your not making votes out of thin air... you give your votes (25) to someone you trust... it's not like an alias is going to give someone their votes and still have the same amount of votes remaining.

ie.

You give your 25 votes to someone, he will have 50 and you will have 0.

Get it?

yes I do get it... but i'm another advocate for having less votes ie 10-15
not having more.

Post Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:33 pm   Reply with quote         

The problem i see here is that we (some of us) vote for the choppers not the chop and that's killing PSC from the inside... They all should be Anon contest.

Don't take my words seriously, perhaps I'm just whistling nonsense out my A's

Oscar

Post Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:34 pm   Reply with quote         

Quote:
yes I do get it... but i'm another advocate for having less votes ie 10-15
not having more.

Thats another great idea

nifft

Post Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:35 pm   Reply with quote         

Hint of the Day:
partecipants of anon contests must give a minimum of votes (ten for example) or they get a -1 in the score.

Oscar

Post Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:37 pm   Reply with quote         

nifft wrote:
Hint of the Day:
participants of anon contests must give a minimum of votes (ten for example) or they get a -1 in the score.

Sounds like someone woke up on the wrong side of the rock

***Chicken comes in and says something equally annoying***

/sarcasm

TheShaman

Post Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:39 pm   Reply with quote         

finestcall wrote:
The problem i see here is that we (some of us) vote for the choppers not the chop and that's killing PSC from the inside... They all should be Anon contest.

Don't take my words seriously, perhaps I'm just whistling nonsense out my A's

I tend to agree... also great ideas seem to do well regardless of actual quality.

Post Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:40 pm   Reply with quote         

finestcall wrote:
nifft wrote:
Hint of the Day:
participants of anon contests must give a minimum of votes (ten for example) or they get a -1 in the score.

Sounds like someone woke up on the wrong side of the rock

***Chicken comes in and says something equally annoying***

/sarcasm

Hint of the Day:
participants of anon contests must give a minimum of votes (ten for example) or Finestcall get a -1 in the score. Laughing

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Undervoted Anon Contests - Reply to topic