Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Undervoted Anon Contests - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

TheShaman

Post Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:43 pm   Reply with quote         

I think a great idea is to have the poster and votes hidden with public comments.

that way if you have a suggestion on how to fix something, EVERYONE can see it... other wise the votes and artists aren't shown till the end of the contest. thus you get the best of both worlds.

theres still obv flaws with this... IE pm'ing someone saying take a look at this... or please vote for me yada yada. but it would be more fair I think.

Post Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:46 pm   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
I think a great idea is to have the poster and votes hidden with public comments.

that way if you have a suggestion on how to fix something, EVERYONE can see it... other wise the votes and artists aren't shown till the end of the contest. thus you get the best of both worlds.

theres still obv flaws with this... IE pm'ing someone saying take a look at this... or please vote for me yada yada. but it would be more fair I think.

this is a good point to start from

cafn8d

Post Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:47 pm   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:

At some point before my time, it used to be like that. Comments could be seen, but not the authors of the comments nor the artist's name--until the contest had closed. Someone brought up a very old competition once where Chicken is seen as having an argument with himself in the comments--and HE was also the artist, of course! Laughing

Oscar

Post Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:53 pm   Reply with quote         

Quote:
Hint of the Day:
participants of anon contests must give a minimum of votes (ten for example) or Finestcall get a -1 in the score.

Let's start punishing people, that would do.

For some of us -1 could be the kiss of death Surprised

But why chose me, i have low score anyways and the fun would end soon. Marco has a higher score so the fun would last longer.

nifft

Post Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:00 pm   Reply with quote         

finestcall wrote:
Quote:
Hint of the Day:
participants of anon contests must give a minimum of votes (ten for example) or Finestcall get a -1 in the score.

Let's start punishing people, that would do.

For some of us -1 could be the kiss of death Surprised

But why chose me, i have low score anyways and the fun would end soon. Marco has a higher score so the fun would last longer.

You're right FC , let start him ever at -10 Laughing

TheShaman

Post Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:03 pm   Reply with quote         

Hey if there are 25 entries that deserve to win... then I will of course use all my votes on an anon contest... but I really really don't want to see a great idea thats poorly executed win, just cause I thought hey thats a great idea, or damn that was funny, yet its not executed well....

esp during prize contests when no one knows how many votes they already have. I dont want to be the vote that puts it ahead of something more deserving of a prize.

thats why I vote the way I do during those contests. It also evens out the playing field since I make sure to look at the recent posts on the 3rd day to see what they've come up with and I have the votes to spend if need be. ...and 8 times out of 10, the votes I gave out are the ones in the top spots.

Site Moderator

Post Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:22 pm   Reply with quote         

Reply to Caf... (btw, Wes found this for me in another thread)

10 votes and over 400 comments...still LMAO...

http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/48557/display.html

cafn8d

Post Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:24 pm   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:
Reply to Caf... (btw, Wes found this for me in another thread)

10 votes and over 400 comments...still LMAO...

http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/48557/display.html

Yeah, that's the one. Thanks, Eve! Laughing

Post Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:44 pm   Reply with quote         

nifft wrote:
Hint of the Day:
participants of anon contests must give a minimum of votes (ten for example) or they get a -1 in the score.

then my choice would be not to vote at all. It seldom happens i give out more then 10 votes Smile

Post Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:17 pm   Reply with quote         

Good example of how ppl withhold votes during a non-Anon comp. Mason isn't a regular chopper...not a regular VOTER either. How many votes do ya think a chop this fine would get if he was a regular voter name?

http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/115202/votes.html

...makes no sense to me at all

Heinlein

Post Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:01 pm   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:
Good example of how ppl withhold votes during a non-Anon comp. Mason isn't a regular chopper...not a regular VOTER either. How many votes do ya think a chop this fine would get if he was a regular voter name?

http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/115202/votes.html

...makes no sense to me at all

I totally agree with you Eve.

When I first saw this entry, I thought for sure it was going to run away with first.

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:08 am   Reply with quote         

I am feeling that Eve, and Jim, it makes not to much sense at all why Mase's is so far back in 3rd Confused

Granulated

Post Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:16 am   Reply with quote         

Sliver wrote:
Just to get things straight, I'm not a complainer, my entries I believe have been a bit undervoted on all the latest anon contests but that's an issue I'll never bring up! I never complain about my personal low votes.. My entries either are liked or not. I'm talking about the low rate of votes in comparsion to open contests, yes 3 votes in 15 minutes in the beginning of a contest IS low..

probably a caching issue.

Post Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:31 am   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:
Sliver wrote:
Ok Ok, I get your point of view.. Anyway, I repeat that this is not on a personal basis, I don't care 'bout the votes, and couldn't care less about the prizes, hell my first win was a prize and I haven't even opened it yet..

Nice advert for any new members looking at the site.

If you didn't care about votes, you wouldn't have started this thread.

That's pretty harsh eve.. Just want people to participate. And my prize is unopened cause I'm a mac user and my program came PC related so, blame the mods. Don't know why you have to be like this, probably hate me still from that eskimo entry, too bad.

Oscar

Post Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:52 am   Reply with quote         

There are no such things as Eskimos Surprised

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Undervoted Anon Contests - Reply to topic