Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Art - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Marx-Man

Post Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:29 am   Reply with quote         

yeah i should really send him a gift voucher or all that defending he did for me...

blue_lurker

Post Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:19 am   Reply with quote         

Marx dont be a fool mate, there is noe need to stir the shit all the time...sometimes is just enought for us...chill have your say and then move on mate...it serves no purpose and gets ya no rewards. Wink

Shade the bloody red pills...take the red pills...damn it he always forgets to take the red pills Razz

blue_lurker

Post Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:29 am   Reply with quote         

I started this topic in order to make the discussion go further.Once again we have quite useless points, except plain personals experiences from DP, Micose, myself (if it is usefull to anyone), and others whose names don't show on safari.

Of course art is quite impossible to define, therefore I tried giving some examples of its manifestations in life, and society, wishing everyone would find out for oneself .In no way I was pretending my vision is the true one, though it is true for myself.With sharing opinions, people find out for themselves , right ..?
Loads of hippie peace love and unity to ya'll

Mir

Post Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:40 am   Reply with quote         

I think that art is in the eyes of the beholder, to me anything that is original and creative can be artistic. That is my humble opinion, and yes some works in psc are artistic.

Micose

Post Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:17 am   Reply with quote         

this aint the darn topic! i mean the previous page wasnt, it looks to be back to the subject now.Art is a similar neead as cooking, nurriture. Theres plenty of example where people 'artist) died suffering from a lack of practicing and/or of people eating" their stuffs.U wont pay your mummy for her excellent cokking, but the fact is that u need to eat and your mother makes the best cook u ever ahd.relationships between viewer and artist is the same as in restaurants, no t more. We are not more than cookers (which is really an art that amamzes me), more or less good cookers. But why dont we would sell our merchandise (Led), i wouldnt pay u to repair my car (i dont have any by the way), but i would pay u to do me some artwork....sounds just logical as far as u dont give a shit in car's engines, and dont knnow anything about it.
Marx, the only reason why eveerybody isnt an artist, doesnt comes from the real ability to do it, but of which his lifetime is fulled with, of what he/her is doing, well maybe theres those people that we can call life artists, that act creating and recreating things constently to "eat" the life the best n most exciting way...
Finallly thers a justice , u can be named for what u do and not what u are....so to those who claim to be artists and that dont spend "le minimum syndical" of time in their so called activity i would say, just do it...for those who are constently working with thoughts, paper, paint,musical notes,words but really are wondering if money is a "fake artist" factor, i will say :" just show it to the world, its the only judge...
Heather...

Post Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:10 am   Reply with quote         

Led,

I do not consider chopping, in itself an art, i do believe it is an artistic expression, but, you use someone elses materials and manipulate it to make it your own.

So, if it is not truly your work of art, in whole, it is not truly yours.

Also, chopping does not always come from the passionate, creative side of the chopper, and i do not think you can have art without passion in its creation.

Chopping is not a talent, as much as a learned skill.

So, i guess i agree with you.

Smile

Post Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:12 am   Reply with quote         

Heather... wrote:
I do not consider chopping, in itself an art, i do believe it is an artistic expression, but, you use someone elses materials and manipulate it to make it your own.

Also, chopping does not always come from the passionate, creative side of the chopper, and i do not think you can have art without passion in its creation.

I'd comment...but common sense prevails.

No...wait...so what you're basically doing is discrediting a form of artistic expression...because when it somes down to it...digital art/photo manipulation IS a form of artistic expression. Correct me if I'm wrong.

What's more valid...me selling a painting for $250 or selling a print of a digital creation for the same amount (which I just did)?

Art is art, no matter how it's born.

creatrix

Post Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:37 am   Reply with quote         

digitalpharaoh wrote:
Heather... wrote:

[/color]

I'd comment...but common sense prevails.

No one ever accused me of having common sense!

By this logic, sculptors who use found objects are not creating art because it is someone else's material, painters who do not make their own paints are using someone else's materials and are therefore not artists. This sounds a lot like the arguments used in the pre Steiglitz / Adams era to argue against the artistic merit of photography. The shot of your mates playing beer-pong probably doesn't rise to the level of art any more than dogs playing poker, but some chops - look at the winner in the Dolphin category - are clearly art.

Post Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:41 am   Reply with quote         

MARX MAN.........WTF....ARE YOU THAT INSECURE AND LACK THAT MUCH CLASS THAT YA HAVE TO STIR SHIATE UP FOR NO APPARENT REASON OTHER THAN TO HEAR YOURSELF SPOUT OFF.......?

YA KNOW THIS HUMBLE MARTIAL ARTIST THAT HOLDS MANY A DARK BELTS WOULD LOVE TO SPEND 5 MINUTES WITH YOU ALONE AND TEACH YA SOME BASIC MANNERS........I CAN TRAVEL!!

GROW UP OR MOVE ON.........

AND BE VERY CAREFUL HOW YOU REPLY TO THIS MY FRIEND!!!

<END>

COULDB5150 IS READY TO DO A BIT OF LIGHT WORK HERE FOR ALL OF PSC MEMBERS OFFENDED BY THIS INDIVIDUAL!!!

AND LEDIRLO...YOU ARE NOT ONLY TALENTED IN VISUAL ART BUT YOUR INITIAL POST WAS A GRAMMATICAL DREAM AND ELOQUENTLY PUT !!!...KUDOS!

couldb5150

Post Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:42 am   Reply with quote         

MY APOLOGIES IN ADVANCE TO THE OTHER 99.99% OF MEMBERS FOR WHOM THIS SIDE WAS NEVER INTENDED TO BE VIEWED OF ME .....BUT ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!

tHANKS

creatrix

Post Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:44 am   Reply with quote         

couldb is a bit manic today, methinks! Wink

Post Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:48 am   Reply with quote         

creatrix wrote:
couldb is a bit manic today, methinks! Wink
..ME ?.NEVER??BWAHAHAHAHAHA

ITS JUST ABOUT TIME...ALTHOUGH ILL PROBABLY HAVE THE FEDS KNOCKING ON THE DOOR SOON IN REGARDS TO SOME ARBITRARY THREAT MADE ONLINE......NO WORRIES ONCE I EXPLAIN WHO THE PROVERBIAL INSTIGATOR IS... WE'LL ALL HAVE A GOOD LAUGH OF IT ....AT HIM !!!!......

REMEMBER ....HE WHO LAUGHS....LASTS!!!!!

5150......Smile

creatrix

Post Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:52 am   Reply with quote         

I don't know, but I think as soon as the feds see the word "Marx," they'll start making al Queda links anyway... LOL!

Post Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:15 pm   Reply with quote         

creatrix wrote:
I don't know, but I think as soon as the feds see the word "Marx," they'll start making al Queda links anyway... LOL!

YOU SLAY ME !!!

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Crowned

Post Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:38 pm   Reply with quote         

http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/116830/display.html

Crowned
-the distortion of the couch is not good dabbi imho

Dabbi
-Im not Architect Im an ARTIST

Crowned
-well, that is not art then, because art is strongly tied to perfection. A real artist is someone who seeks perfection. The distorted fabric of the couch is just hurried over.

Dabbi
-When I get pay for what I do, Than it Deferent Story. go to my Website and you will Understand, thankyou.

Crowned
-does it mean that you are throwing 'carp on us'??? I am so disappointed to hear you say that, you definitely are not an aritst imho. Like what Ledirlo said: art and money are not a the best brothers.

Crowned...

Not paid? I am so disappointed sincerly. I even wonder if you know what is the etymology of the word art.
c.1225, "skill as a result of learning or practice," from O.Fr. art, from L. artem, (nom. ars) "art, skill, craft," from PIE *ar-ti- (cf. Skt. rtih "manner, mode;"
, yep art is about manner. The how is as important as the what. Not only what you do, but how, where, when, why and for who you do it.

My peace

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Art - Reply to topic