Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - The New 7 Wonders of the World - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

arcaico

Post Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:16 pm   Reply with quote         

In case you're not aware of it, in 7/7/7, the new 7 wonders will be announced, in a ceremony in Lisbon. Until then, anyone can vote in their own favorite 7 wonders out of the top 21 chosen. www.new7wonders.com

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

Post Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:14 pm   Reply with quote         

yup, I did this months ago. What are you all voting for?

Post Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:01 pm   Reply with quote         

I had to vote for Stonehenge, we could walk there from our last house. It always gave me goosebumps when i saw it, there is something mystical about it somehow.

Post Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:03 pm   Reply with quote         

Voted a couple of months ago,

Personally I had two candidates:
The Sydney Opera house and the Hagia Sophia.

My final choice was for the Hagia Sophia.

I remember being amazed by it in aesthetics classes (don't know if this is the right translation, but classes covered art through history)

Amazing and beautiful construction

edit: oh btw:
Smile

Post Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:23 pm   Reply with quote         

My favorite is definetely Machu Picchu. Those damn Incas were quite wise... making a whole town in the clouds to use as a safe place for the nobles in case of an invasion... after the spanish took the land from the incas, it still took 300 years for someone to find Machu Picchu...

to fill the other spots, I chose stonehenge, the easter island, the pyramids of giza, the walls of china, the acropolis and the colosseum... though i didn't actually vote for the acropolis, once I had to give up on one of them to vote for the christ redeemer...

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

Post Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:48 pm   Reply with quote         

In case you guys didn't see this, they only have it up for this week. The rankings of each candidate:

http://www.new7wonders.com/index.php?id=522&L=0

Post Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:50 pm   Reply with quote         

8th wonder of the world SPAM! Laughing

Post Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:49 pm   Reply with quote         

Hallcross Toots
nevet

Post Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:55 am   Reply with quote         

cool

Marx-Man

Post Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:17 am   Reply with quote         

Hmm.. the wonders of the world...

I reckon the one most imporatnt thing that should come first.. is Human beings.

I mean we are pretty indigionous to earth... we make a lot of things which simply dont occur "naturally" but also have stupidity...

We already have the power to make habitats for any creature on this planet artificially except of course for ourself... and the power to destroy said habititate with bug sprays guns and so on.

we have the power to think in a language that means somthing more than just words. and make art that goes beyond just pictures but into the depth of the human condition.

and the power to shout eaningless carp acorss the other side of the world by just tapping a keyboard... i would like to see a dolphin accomplish that they cant even rub twigs together smarter my ass..

the one thing humans do hae aparently is to Not include them selves as a wonder seeing as the chance of intellegant life on a planet full of toxic substances fairly small and thusly making said intellegant life really hard to find... and then times that by technology yerah we rank pretty rare glactically.

glennhanna

Post Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:06 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm editing a second documentary on the Great Pyramid. The Pyramids of Giza are the most baffling structures in the world. Nobody has figured out who exactly made the pyramids, exactly when they were built, and most of all, how they were constructed. The Great Pyramid has evidence of surviving a great flood, including reported water rings around the original casing stones and sea fossils found within the pyramid. The pyramids of Giza are superior to the many other pyramids around egypt which have crumbled into mounds of sand and rock. I believe the other pyramids were inferior copies of the Pyramids of Giza. The Great Pyramid contains around 2,400,000 individual blocks of stones each weighing over 2.5 tons on the average, with some weighing over 16 tons and the granite roof slabs of the burial chamber weigh over 50 tons. The granite rock quarries believed to supply the granite used in the 'King's Chamber' of the Great Pyramid is over 500 miles away in Aswan. The tools/artifacts left-over from ancient Egypt couldn't cut through Limestone or Granite easily. It's hard to comprehend the rate the rocks would have to be cut, and shaped to an exact size. The accepted values by Egyptologists bear out the following result: 2,400,000 stones used ÷ 20 years ÷ 365 days per year ÷ 10 work hours per day ÷ 60 minutes per hour = 0.55 stones laid per minute.

Egyptians have artwork on numerous artifacts and structures. None of these images ever illustrate the building of a pyramid. If building a pyramid took continuous work from tens of thousands of egyptians over the length of decades, don't you think they'd have depicted this life style in their artwork?

I could go on, but you get the idea. All we have is theories. We will always wonder how these pyramids were constructed, which is why it tops my number one Wonder of the World.

splodge

Post Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:40 pm   Reply with quote         

Hallcross Toots
arcaico

Post Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:53 pm   Reply with quote         

the new 7 wonders.... I don´t like the results at all... But I´m glad the statue of libert is not there:

Christ Redeemer - Brazil
Macchu Picchu - Peru
Great Wall of China
Colosseum - Italy
Petra - Jordan
Taj Mahal - India

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

dewdew

Post Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:52 pm   Reply with quote         

I may be wrong, i have been once before in my life, so i has happened.

I thought the petra palace was move up some 100 feet or more because of a great dam that was going to flood the valley.

I know it is a carved out mountain, but they still move it on the dicovery channel i believe.
So what they moved up was the face not the actual palace. If so should that not disqualify it. Cool
the pyramids are just the top of a gigantic antenna for the aliens space ship. THats why they the great pyramids are set with the stars. One day they are going to clean out from around them like they did the spinx, and BAMB the mother ship.

Make for a hell of a movie anyways. Somebody call my agent Twisted Evil

Wiz

Post Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:05 pm   Reply with quote         

dewdew wrote:
I may be wrong, i have been once before in my life, so i has happened.

I thought the petra palace was move up some 100 feet or more because of a great dam that was going to flood the valley.

I know it is a carved out mountain, but they still move it on the dicovery channel i believe.
So what they moved up was the face not the actual palace. If so should that not disqualify it. Cool
the pyramids are just the top of a gigantic antenna for the aliens space ship. THats why they the great pyramids are set with the stars. One day they are going to clean out from around them like they did the spinx, and BAMB the mother ship.

Make for a hell of a movie anyways. Somebody call my agent Twisted Evil

Sorry Dewdew, Petra is in Jordan, and not in Egypt. At an elevation of 994 mtrs it's hardly in need of moving up and out of the way of any rising dam waters.
You are getting confused with the Russian built Aswan dam in Egypt (370 miles SW of Petra) where they did in fact move 'EGYPTIAN ROYALTY' rock carvings... a whole hilside of them!!!!

BTW: Petra did have it's own dam, and because of it, controlled the trade routes of Southern Jordan in it's day They had the control of that most precious of commodities in desert lands... WATER... It's more precious than Gold,to a man dying of thirst!

The map ref is:- 30 degrees 19' 18,87" N 35 degrees 27' 39.62 E

Keep watching out for those Aliens you hear, LOL!

Arrow Arrow Arrow Arrow Arrow Arrow Arrow Arrow Shocked Wiz

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - The New 7 Wonders of the World - Reply to topic