Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Graphic tablet queston - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

podgorski

Post Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:31 pm   Reply with quote         

Im finaly buying a graphic tablet and im aiming at Wacom Graphire4 classic (A6 size)... I was wondering what are your expiriences with it, and i mainly mean on its size when asking... Is it too small or you can work comfortably with it in all situations?
Its price here is about 100 EUR and the A5 version is around 210 EUR so thats a bit expensive for me but i could afford it if the A6 is just too small.

Ive never had a tablet, and even never used one yet so i just dont have a clue whats it like working with it regarding size.

And yes, i have a 19" monitor if it is in any way realated to choosing the best tablet size.

Thanks in advance for your responses.
Matija

hzgvbzl v ,.,.gfdh.hdl,msdfh.,spš66s,.r6,žw6šsl
armogeden

Post Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:23 pm   Reply with quote         

I find using a smaller sized tablet gives you much more controll, but thats just me.

Graphics tablets are a must for working with illustrator

when you get it make sure you learn how to take full advantage of the pressure levels on your tablet in photoshop, especially when using brushes.

dont lose your stylus (like i have in the past Smile )

thats about all i can think of right now Very Happy happy chopping

ScionShade

Post Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:52 pm   Reply with quote         

For a little more money ya can get the intuos3 which i have--
i prefer the small board, taht's what the zoom slider on the intous3 is for.
I can get in close instantly and out again instantly...
a larger pad is just added work for the wrist and why zoom out for detail anyway....it's so much easier to be in close where a larger pad only makes it harder.
it comes with 4 more shortcut butons on the pad,.. so one hand on buttons and slider and one on pen. realistically, what took me six hours on a graphire now takes me one.

armogeden

Post Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:56 pm   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:
a larger pad is just added work for the wrist and why zoom out for detail anyway....it's so much easier to be in close where a larger pad only makes it harder.
it comes with 4 more shortcut butons on the pad,.. so one hand on buttons and slider and one on pen. realistically, what took me six hours on a graphire now takes me one.

wow gotta get me one of them

podgorski

Post Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:07 pm   Reply with quote         

Ive just searcher for intuos3 and the smallest model ive found is A5 which is 350+ EUR and its just too much for me so i guess its still graphire4 A6 unless someone convinces me otherwise, but still thanks for the feedback and suggestions to both of you Wink

ScionShade

Post Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:15 pm   Reply with quote         

$239 at wacom..I dunno why it went up so much in price..a year ago it was below 200... must ahve become popular.
i tell ya, i have the little 4x5 pad and basically only use the middle of that.
i wish i knew how to make a video, it'd look pretty cool zipping through a small chop in minutes with it.

podgorski

Post Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:27 pm   Reply with quote         

I assume you were looking at the USA Wacom site... I see there are smaller and cheaper ones available there. On EU site they say the smallest one is A6 wide and theres no price and after that they go to A5 for 350 EUR Sad

ScionShade

Post Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:33 pm   Reply with quote         

It just aint fair...........Ebay?

podgorski

Post Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:45 pm   Reply with quote         

Probbly not, dont know why but im always very sceptic about the goods that arent directly from the store... Probly couse ive had bad luck with technology and had to replace hardware many times, so i buy things only when theres a bill with warranty attached to it Laughing

Granulated

Post Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:20 pm   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:

yep...

i mention it every time theres a tablet thread..

A6 is perfect if you like to draw with finger movements with small wrist movements rather than daft flourishing movements that you need to use on large pads.

Z

Post Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:02 am   Reply with quote         

I have a intous3 and it is well worth the extra money! There are 2x's as many pressure points, and "check" points, basiclly you get results that are exact to actually doing it on paper. Also the radiowaves that are picked up by the pen are stronger so if you wanted to trace something you have drawn and don't have a scanner this is a great way to do that! And the last thing is i bought mine tablet NEW on Ebay for about 300 american (9x12 inches) and it has the factory warranty. I wish you the best of luck in finding a great, cheap tablet!

splodge

Post Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:44 am   Reply with quote         

Hallcross Toots
podgorski

Post Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:08 pm   Reply with quote         

Thanks all for replying.
The Ebay auction was closed when i saw the msg about it after coming from work so that deal was off.
After that Ive been thinking about the prices and atm it was just too much for me to afford intuos3 so i bought graphire4 a6.
Anyways, i just wanted to share my happynes with somebody for finally having my first tablet and im pretty pleased with working with it instead of that stupid mouse... Very Happy I think im starting to get obsessed with drawing... Its just too much fun fun fun! Very Happy
Cheers

If you think this post doesent have much sense youre probably right but I dont care...(Alt-Tabs back to PS) Wink

ReyRey

Post Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:00 am   Reply with quote         

Very Happy

Granulated

Post Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:42 pm   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:
Very Happy

how you doing ?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Graphic tablet queston - Reply to topic