Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Dry season.. - Reply to topic

Crowned

Post Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:30 am   Reply with quote         

Hello Cool

-Lately I turned off the faucet of my creative juice for a reason.

-I am not able to find a sense to all this. Is chopping a game?

-A learning process?

-An entertainment of the crowd?

-Is chopping an addiction?

-Do I have to chop so the owner can pay some bills and have a
better vaction trip?

-Do I chop to get my skills evaluated by unknown folks?

-Do I chop to stay in touch with other creative minds who do not tolerate any critiques?

-What does a win mean outside psc?

-Are votes like a non-developed country currency, outside its borders these votes don't mean anything??

-As a community, where are we heading to?

All these unanswered questions...

I know it maybe difficult to have all the answers, while I am rubbing the back of my head, cheers to all.

glennhanna

Post Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:05 am   Reply with quote         

Some people are responsible for some very important things in their lives. Life can be pretty stressful. I need an outlet from the chaos from time to time and used to waste my energy playing video games or watching tv. It relaxed me. In the summer time, I'll be playing real sports to relieve stress. But for now, I've given up playing video games and watching tv to something more rewarding. I'm developing skills, exercising my brain, relieving stress, being part of a global community, and using PSC as a creative outlet for what little free time I can dedicate to it. I could sit at the computer and Chop for my sole delightment, but the joy of art is seeing how people respond to your work. Our creative expressions need to be shared whether you bake, make music, edit videos, write stories, take pictures, paint on canvas, sculpt, program, sew, or do floral arrangements,..... the big return is the communication you get in return from others.

Nothing is more rewarding than the praise of an audience. It's a secret passion a composer of a project has for his/her work that needs to be confirmed as 'great work' by a second person. If a presentee finds fault with a peice of art, the artist's pride is bruised. Some people take criticism very seriously which can have a powerful emotional affect on a person. A composer's hard work should always be identified and mentioned. Any criticism of a project should be contructive criticism that will aid the artist into doing even better work in the future.

I love constructive criticism from PSC members.... my peers of this category of art. This is how I learn to do better. It is not offensive coming from this crowd.

It's a different story hearing from a crowd outside of PSC. Their criticisms lack intimate knowledge of the tools we use. Praise is expected from the outside crowd, but critisism from them is insulting.

I need to exercise my brain. As an amateur Photoshop user, I'm learning from my peers. I learn by the feedback and comments that are left. When the learning ends, I'll find a different artistic outlet to learn from.... perhaps 3D animation or webpage design.

Post Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:30 am   Reply with quote         

I am not able to find a sense to all this. Is chopping a game?
Life is a game, so this is too

A learning process?
Like everything you do, the more you do it, the better you get, the more you learn

An entertainment of the crowd?
Some people like, some people don't, but the fact is some do, they enjoy it . Entertaining it is

Is chopping an addiction?
If you catch yourself talking or thinking about chopping while being in a completely unrelated environment, a healthcare program might be in order

Do I have to chop so the owner can pay some bills and have a
better vaction trip?

Do we watch movies for our entertainment, or to pay the producers and actors?

Do I chop to get my skills evaluated by unknown folks?
If this is your first concern above all, then i would suggest stop chopping. It's cliche but true. Do it for yourself. The evaluating is (an essential?) part of the process, but should not be the first concern

Do I chop to stay in touch with other creative minds who do not tolerate any critiques?
My opinion, if you can't stand critique, move on to somewhere else. I chop because I like too, and critique is always welcome (as long as it is well founded). I might learn a few things here and there.

What does a win mean outside psc?
Probably nothing, but what does it mean inside psc. Probably nothing too. It's just fun and enjoyable (alltough I'm not sure of this, i haven't experienced it (yet Smile )

Are votes like a non-developed country currency, outside its borders these votes don't mean anything??
See previous answer

As a community, where are we heading to?
Hopefully in the right direction, can't answer that one. But then again, future is always uncertain. Taking it day by day

To sum up: enjoy chopping, don't think too much about it

Post Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:39 am   Reply with quote         

Quote:
What does a win mean outside psc?
Probably nothing, but what does it mean inside psc. Probably nothing too. It's just fun and enjoyable (alltough I'm not sure of this, i haven't experienced it (yet Smile )

a win is what ever you make it. it can be as large as a victory on the battlefield, a series of victories even, and as small as a personal achievement such as accomplishing something you couldn't do before. PSC is all about the latter, but no matter how small it is, a win is a win. few people in real life achieve anything more than a personal victory, but it doesn't make the wins any less sweeter. Surely without these moral 'wins' PSC would not be what it is today, and i believe that goes for the industy as a whole too.

mikey

Post Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:03 am   Reply with quote         

I find that PSC or photoshoping in general is an escape from reality Laughing if your an artist to begin with you need a place to show what you have learned and what you have accomplished in your life as an artist. this is also a matter of building up a portfolio of some of your work. I started out as a traditional artist" drawing, sketching, painting, watercolors ect... then when I discovered photoshop my brushes are collecting dust now! Shocked Rolling Eyes The artist must create and use their imagination or they will wither on the vine and die! ~ What a time we are living in! ~ so much going on! ~ I say; keep your passion and dreams for what you do strong and encourage yourself if no one else is! I have this vision of everyone at PSC get together and create one great masterpiece by each member doing a part of a special source and then the next person adds something to it" I'm talking about a picture that has a real meaning to it! a picture that can move people! we can do it as a team and show the world what can be done with unity and community! ~ lets put our talent to use and make a statement!
something to be remembered by. how does this idea sound to you all? ~ anyone interested? Wink

Post Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:06 am   Reply with quote         

sounds good, sort of like the roll canvas but one big picture, is that what you meant? i think it's sounds like a great idea

cherylm329

Post Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:12 am   Reply with quote         

I do it mainly to escape reality Smile However, I am going to school for graphic arts. Art (or being creative) has always helped me escape the woes of life so why not get a career in it, haha Smile

mikey

Post Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:42 am   Reply with quote         

armogeden wrote:
sounds good, sort of like the roll canvas but one big picture, is that what you meant? i think it's sounds like a great idea

Yes armo, one big high resolution masterpiece! Very Happy

Post Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:30 pm   Reply with quote         

I don't think a lot of people have the computer power to handle an ultra high resolution image. What if we combine two ideas. Take Our BEST Picture Gallery- showcasing the talent of PSC
http://photoshopcontest.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=7120
and combine that with the 200+ Rodents concept
http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/1982/avsigndh4.jpg

Perhaps we pick one of PSC's all-time highest voted entries. We start from the upper left with an honoring member making image #1. The next person takes a concept from #1 and incorporates it to #2. #3 follows and creates a new image and incorporates an idea from #2 and so on.
The overall image we would be constructing would be cut up into 200+ pieces. These pieces would be given out to each participating member with one guideline.... Here is your piece, try to set your overall hue and brightness levels of your art to match the color of your piece. When all entries are completed, a technician will assemble the final high resolution image, and fine-tune the overall complexion. Then the image can be printed up someday and displayed someplace famous.

Mir

Post Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:40 pm   Reply with quote         

All of this sounds great, that would be a wonderful way to create some good team spirit and get everyone to start chopping again.

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Dry season.. - Reply to topic