Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Ben Folds' Music Video I made - Photoshop 2D - Reply to topic

richke

Post Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:18 pm   Reply with quote         

Smile - yeah you heard me 2D...its awesome Smile Well maybe so so...LOL

Anyways it's been awhile since ive been on and I thought maybe some of you would like to check out my latetst music video I made set to Ben Folds song "Adelaide" I used PS and Sony Vegas to make a 2D animated music video. Basically i really only used shapes to do the whole thing(because i lack PS drawing skills) It's not mind blowing like most of the stuff you guys can do on here...but its fun video to watch. so please check it out and let me know what you think whether you goto my website and leave a message in the guestbook
http://www.richardthomaskeel.com/

or if you like youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGRxd33mPvE

I'm always curious to hear what people think.

later,
Rich

http://www.richardthomaskeel.com/lightning.html
TofuTheGreat

Post Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:59 pm   Reply with quote         

You should look into Flash. Wink

richke

Post Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:00 pm   Reply with quote         

i tried once...i dont want to learn another utility Smile I just need to find someone who knws flash Smile

Post Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:01 pm   Reply with quote         

SPLODGE! ARMOGEDEN! get in here!

edit: pushed the submit button too fast Smile

Quite like it, simple figures, but that doesn't really matter, the timing is pretty well done and it adds to the song. Nice work Smile

Post Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:14 pm   Reply with quote         

"Because I want too" "Because I want too"..... typically you are taught that "too" is used at the end of the sentence, but the rule doesn't count for incomplete sentences. So 'to' should be used instead of 'too'... as in "Because I want to live in Adelaide".

Other than that, it was a great project. Fun! Doesn't need to blow anybody away to be fun. The work you did took a long time to do and is good practice. Keep making more, people enjoy watching.

TofuTheGreat

Post Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:59 pm   Reply with quote         

Don't get me wrong! You did great using the tools and skills you have. I say you should look into Flash as you can do similar things and probably easier/quicker. That and I thought it (Flash) would fit your style of animation. I totally understand not wanting to learn another software package though. Smile

Just curious; how long did it take you to make your video? You're far braver than I am.

armogeden

Post Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:54 pm   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:
You did great using the tools and skills you have. I say you should look into Flash as you can do similar things and probably easier/quicker.

Agreed

Quote:
how long did it take you to make your video? You're far braver than I am.

Agreed

Post Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:12 pm   Reply with quote         

That was really cute. Smile

splodge

Post Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:19 pm   Reply with quote         

looks great, but you gotta learn flash, get a free 30 trial or swish, i think it's still free
http://www.download.com/SWiSH-Max/3000-6676_4-10526508.html?tag=pub

make the same thing in min's and only about 2 or 3MB including the music, you can still do the artwork in photoshop and import it into flash to animate

Hallcross Toots
richke

Post Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:23 am   Reply with quote         

glennhanna wrote:
"Because I want too" "Because I want too"..... typically you are taught that "too" is used at the end of the sentence, but the rule doesn't count for incomplete sentences. So 'to' should be used instead of 'too'... as in "Because I want to live in Adelaide".

Other than that, it was a great project. Fun! Doesn't need to blow anybody away to be fun. The work you did took a long time to do and is good practice. Keep making more, people enjoy watching.

Wow im an idiot!!!! Smile - i never even noticed. Then i mentioned it to my fiancee and she said "Yeah i saw it." Why didnt she say anything Smile

Quote:
how long did it take you to make your video? You're far braver than I am.
The characters and objects probably 10 hours or so
The video probably 15-20 hours
But its tough to say since it was spaced out over a month. So it wasnt nearly as bad as what the total hours show Smile

Quote:
looks great, but you gotta learn flash, get a free 30 trial or swish, i think it's still free
I had flash installed on my PC but the tutorials were to much for me to grasp in one sitting so i quit Smile See now I know how to use vegas and the thing that took 20 hours this time wouldve taken 40 hours before. So im moving forward on that...but the size thing would be nice and i could have all my flash movies on one page instead having to make a new page on my site for it becuase they are usually 30-100MB

Thanks for the input and im glad you liked it.

FootFungas

Post Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:33 am   Reply with quote         

Use Flash!!!!
Its better than anything.
And speaking from personal experience, its a LOT easier than using paint and powerpoint.

richke

Post Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:38 am   Reply with quote         

FootFungas wrote:
Use Flash!!!!
Its better than anything.
And speaking from personal experience, its a LOT easier than using paint and powerpoint.

Yeah paint and powerpoint. But VEGAS is a movie making tool...not some ricity program. Smile

arcaico

Post Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:07 pm   Reply with quote         

If I recall correctly, Vegas is Sony´s video editing software. I´d go with Premiere and After Effects, if ya refuse to animate on flash. Use AE to animate the PSDs and final author in Premiere. My 2 cents.

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

richke

Post Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:58 pm   Reply with quote         

Ive used Premiere before, but i cant afford it. Im, sure its plays more freindly using PS with Adobe Premiere...but cash is an issue.

splodge

Post Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:48 pm   Reply with quote         

Flash plays nice with others

Hallcross Toots

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Ben Folds' Music Video I made - Photoshop 2D - Reply to topic