Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - H2H Options - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

How should this year's H2H be run?

No changes - 1 round per week, 2 days to chop, 2 days to vote.

47%

47%

[ 33 ]

1 round every 2 weeks.

4%

4%

[ 3 ]

1 round per week, but longer chopping and voting periods.

42%

42%

[ 29 ]

I'm not participating, but like to vote.

5%

5%

[ 4 ]

Total Votes: 69

Alex

Post Thu May 17, 2007 2:50 pm   Reply with quote         

MoLinKo wrote:
I could go for longer chop times. I don't have much time on the week days.

Sat, Sun, Mon, Tues, - Chopping

Wed, Thurs, Friday - Voting

Even if that makes the tourney start during week-end, I must agree. This is perfect. 4 days to chop, 3 day to vote. 1 round per week.

Wait... I'm not even in that tourney. Do I care?
Cool

Post Thu May 17, 2007 2:57 pm   Reply with quote         

one month per round - 2 weeks chopping, 2 weeks voting, 2 days rest, all done by Christmas Very Happy

splodge

Post Thu May 17, 2007 3:00 pm   Reply with quote         

1 round per week, 2 days to chop, 2 days to vote, 3 days sat around waiting for monday Sad
if it's got to be one round a week, dont leave 3 days blank

Hallcross Toots
vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Thu May 17, 2007 3:10 pm   Reply with quote         

Almost forgot - add 3 months to discuss the procedure

armogeden

Post Thu May 17, 2007 3:17 pm   Reply with quote         

vokaris wrote:
Almost forgot - add 3 months to discuss the procedure

we've already done that part

Post Thu May 17, 2007 3:21 pm   Reply with quote         

splodge wrote:
2 days chop, 2 days vote, 1 day rest, rince repete,
round #1 may 21
round #2 may 26
round #3 june 1
round #4 june 6
round #5 june 11
round #6 june 16
round #7 june 25

to fast????

I like Splodge's concept.
This site used to be about chopping the second a contest started at 8:00am EST.
Advantage has made many of you turn soft.
If you can't take the heat, then stay outta the kitchen. Twisted Evil

TheShaman

Post Thu May 17, 2007 3:28 pm   Reply with quote         

splodge wrote:
2 days chop, 2 days vote, 1 day rest, rince repete,
round #1 may 21
round #2 may 26
round #3 june 1
round #4 june 6
round #5 june 11
round #6 june 16
round #7 june 25

to fast????

YES WAY TOO FAST.
personally, this should have already started weeks ago. but its been dragging on and on....

but if you guys want to start H2H's on the weekends, pull me out now. I have ZERO time to partake on the weekends. That is the main reason I got advantage in the first place. H2H's have always started on Mondays. It should stay this way.

again, if you guys decide to do a round every 4 to 5 days, pull my name now and give my place to someone else. I'd rather not disqualify myself, by not being able to chop an entry. Confused

Site Moderator

Post Thu May 17, 2007 3:39 pm   Reply with quote         

And now for something completely different

http://www.gmhummer.com/hummerspecs/h2h/main.htm

MoLinKo

Post Thu May 17, 2007 3:48 pm   Reply with quote         

I think it should be weekly as well, to keep it consistent and simple. It would suck if someone in the final rounds forgot to post due to the confusion.

Some people have more time to work on these during the week and others have time on the weekends. I don't see how getting the source pic two days earlier and having it for four days would hurt anything. But whatever we decide is fine by me. I'm just excited about being in it this time (even if I loose in the first round). I barely missed the last two h2h.

TofuTheGreat

Post Thu May 17, 2007 3:50 pm   Reply with quote         

MoLinKo wrote:
I'm just excited about being in it this time (even if I loose in the first round).

What's this "if" crap? Oops wrong thread. Wink

Alex

Post Thu May 17, 2007 4:07 pm   Reply with quote         

MoLinKo wrote:
It would suck if someone in the final rounds forgot to post due to the confusion.

If someone doesn't post in the final, it won't be for that reason. Believe me.

MoLinKo wrote:
Some people have more time to work on these during the week and others have time on the weekends. I don't see how getting the source pic two days earlier and having it for four days would hurt anything.

That's exactly what I think. I don't understand, Shaman, why you'd leave if rounds start on saturdays and let you chop until tuesday? If you don't want to or can't chop on week-ends you'd still have your mondays and tuesdays that you ask for. By giving two more chopping days on weekends, Proc would give more chopping opportunies to those who needs it for some reasons.

Post Thu May 17, 2007 4:17 pm   Reply with quote         

thats fine, if I have monday and tuesday to chop as well. 4 days good.... 2 days bad Laughing
but if they start on saturday and only have sat & sunday to chop, then I'm out. in other words as long as I have weekdays to compete thats what I meant.

Site Moderator

Post Thu May 17, 2007 4:20 pm   Reply with quote         

I see in the poll that a lot of people are leaning towards “1 round per week, but longer chopping and voting periods.” I have to agree with Chopper, Splodge and others who think that two days should be the maximum amount of time to work on an image. I’ve participated in two tournaments so far, both had 128 participants. The first drug on for what seemed like and eternity, so if you think you’ve experienced high anxiety waiting for the 2007 H2H to begin, just wait until it’s July and this thing is still grinding away.

The second tournament I entered was fast-tracked and also had 7 rounds but was completed in just 4 weeks. It was set up that way for a number of different reasons but mainly to keep things moving, accommodate overseas contenders and include weekends which are important to a large number of the participants. “TheShaman” withstanding.

Like many of you I’ve been looking forward the 2007 H2H tournament, especially a few weeks back when there were fewer participants. As many of you will see, there will be many no-shows (and not just in the first round) and even more entries where it’s clear the participant didn’t take the competition very serious. And like many of you, I have an uncompromising schedule as I am gainfully employed and attend school full time. Because of this and the likelihood that this years H2H tournament will be a near two-month endeavor, (which rolls through two major US holidays, Memorial Day and Independence day – a time when many US families take week-long vacations) I will be withdrawing.

Additionally I think having a limit as to the amount of time someone can work with an original photograph is a great competitive attribute and fits with the spirit of a tournament. The best thing about a tournament is that you may have to work on an image that you might ordinarily avoid, you have to do it quickly and you need a wide variety of skills to succeed. This is what truly makes the H2H tournament distinct and sets it apart from the day-to-day pedestrian contests. I’m not posting this to dissuade anyone from choosing that option in the poll, just trying to give you an idea of what to expect – and despite all the turbulence surrounding this years event, I can’t wait to see everyone’s work, it truly is a special occasion.

My apologies BTW for drawn-out nature of this note.

Alex

Post Thu May 17, 2007 4:20 pm   Reply with quote         

Arrow

Post Thu May 17, 2007 4:44 pm   Reply with quote         

this is considered the "SPRING H2H" is it not?
Then this should have then started on March 21st! Laughing

This shouldn't have taken 2 months of 'talking' to get this ball rolling by the time this does get rolling we might as well call it SUMMER H2H Rolling Eyes

seriously though, you're our leader! Stop taking 348357685 polls like a freaking politician, and TELL US...

THIS IS HOW ITS GOING TO BE PERIOD!
don't like the way I run it, TFB!

nevermind what the whiners like "TheShaman" think. Laughing

my 2˘

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - H2H Options - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.