Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Gatherings and Meetings - H2H 2007 congrats, discussion & PSD/source sharing - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:17 am   Reply with quote         

I must admit Glenn, I couldn't work out if it was or wasn't, I am a little miffed knowing what I know now, you did an awesome job

Micose

Post Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:19 am   Reply with quote         

My well was all source. i wont participate in any future H2H till we can put a little note saying what is from the source...
well and maybe i should have done an abstract .... too ....never know what is the the fashion of the week overhere....
Micose

Post Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:20 am   Reply with quote         

my favs entries were Marcoballistic, Deshone, Nyxxie and Cherylm .... just all awesome for different reasons Smile
glennhanna

Post Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:16 am   Reply with quote         

Micose wrote:
My well was all source. i wont participate in any future H2H till we can put a little note saying what is from the source...

I agree! Or at least open up a small partition of space for us to upload our sources and link to. If a chopper refuses to upload their sources, they'll lose a few votes, because voters will be looking for these source images to try to figure out what work was done.

Micose

Post Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:46 am   Reply with quote         

glennhanna wrote:
Micose wrote:

I agree! Or at least open up a small partition of space for us to upload our sources and link to. If a chopper refuses to upload their sources, they'll lose a few votes, because voters will be looking for these source images to try to figure out what work was done.

it was about this and even more about the use of source itself i meant.

Post Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:51 am   Reply with quote         

Here is my image sources for round 2 of H2H...

http://www.photoshopdave.com/db_source.htm

Enjoy Very Happy

ScionShade

Post Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:28 am   Reply with quote         

Micose wrote:
My well was all source. .

I am impressed that this was all source. The girl, the lighting on the girl, and her amazing hair...although i disagree about needing comments
to say what is in an h2h image...I gotta say---Your all source girl
is extremely extremely impressive.

patim

Post Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:58 pm   Reply with quote         

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Scion, well noticed.

My eagle was an external source as was my background. For the rest I used a lot of source in the bird. The beak is covered with pieces of wall. There is a slight grain of the wooden planks around the eye (as in Sliver's entry, but then way, way more subtile).

But I guess, according to the comments, that ppl didn't see it at all. they just thought I just put an eye in and that's it.

Well, still on to round three. yeeehaaa.

Post Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:01 pm   Reply with quote         

Micose wrote:
well and maybe i should have done an abstract .... too ....never know what is the the fashion of the week overhere....

If you had gone abstract, you would have lost at least one vote. Wink

deshone

Post Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:10 pm   Reply with quote         

maybe some advice ... just make it look like u used the source ... don't blur/brush to much over it ... show some texture so people can see it was the source ...

But even then people can't always see what has been done ... many people didn't see the ice in my entry was all source ... and i guess ... that's all part of the game in the H2H and that's what makes it fun ...

Remember buglover last year? ... he chopped to perfect and people thought he used stockphoto's for his drumsticks ... it's better to leave some mistakes then to chop to perfectly ...

just my 2 cents ...

Eepi

Post Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:21 pm   Reply with quote         

1. 20 more minutes of thinking about the idea and I would have been a No Show. That's why my entry was the greatest crap of them all Laughing

2. the source image looks like it had been taken with a cheap cell phone camera and scaled to a required size Evil or Very Mad

3. some choppers were intentionally voted out from H2H Thumb down

my 2 cents

Post Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:35 pm   Reply with quote         

I think naiko's suggestion about space for a little note or better still, just a link showing the work done, is a grand idea! Personally it would've helped me out in this round when I was voting!

deshone

Post Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:56 pm   Reply with quote         

Nah work should speak for it self ... a good chopper has an eye for what's chopped or not ... and an all source chop doesn't always mean it's a good chop ... the idea is often way more important ...

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:04 pm   Reply with quote         

deshone wrote:
Nah work should speak for it self ... a good chopper has an eye for what's chopped or not ... and an all source chop doesn't always mean it's a good chop ... the idea is often way more important ...

correct

glennhanna

Post Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:44 pm   Reply with quote         

I disagree. I can go to my library of Japanese copyrighted images.... which are absolutely gorgeous, by the way... and paste in parts of the source to that image to make it ever so slightly different. The original artist put 120 hours into it... I might take 20 minutes to make my insertions. Bam! Done.... a peice of art that everyone might assume I did from scratch.

When I'm voting, and I see something that has digital artistic flair, meaning it is a painting made in a 3D program or photoshop, etc.... I'm going to assume the chopper gets credit for it and will then get my vote quite easily. But it turns out some people use paintings from other artists as their "outside sources".... instead of a real photograph. That pisses me off. It's misleading and it is plagiarism. Evil or Very Mad

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Gatherings and Meetings - H2H 2007 congrats, discussion & PSD/source sharing - Reply to topic