Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - just an idea... ( theduplicate ) - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Prince Laurent

Post Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:54 am   Reply with quote         

Sorry if it’s not a good post idea ( but it's only my 8th since Christmas 2004 ! Embarassed ). I had already prepared this text, but I waited to be out of the H2H, not to focus during a contest ( very friendly congratulations Wink to photolicious for his masterpiece !! ).

The oldbies must still remember ( Matt ) theduplicate.
Dupe, for the friends.
He and me are separated by 1200km - 746miles ( Belgium- French Alps), but, on holiday, I already slept ( after choppin', of course ! ) a few weeks at his home.
We remained great true friends : I phone & write to Matt very often.

The oldbies also know that he likes the motorbike very much : this last year, the chance wasn't with him and he had several accidents ( 3 x broken hands, +…, +...) and for now he still has a broken leg ! ( he sat for a few weeks in an armchair ).
Many big problems and many money for the hospital = no more Internet ( very expensive in France ) since months & months ( and, almost alone in the mountains, he does not have neighbours who have Internet ). Confused
I help my friend, but not enough.

Then, I thought of a generous PSC action : those who still know him and liked him, write a message for Dupe “theduplicate” in this post.
At the end, I will print all the messages ( no problem if there are pics ).
He does not know about my initiative, and I am 100% sure that he will cry of happiness by receiving his letter : Matt is a very hard knight, but also a very sensitive artist & a great chopper.

You must know that he asks me each time for news of his dear PSC, and for some members he liked very much : always for Patre ( I said to him, when …) & Anfa, and also for ledirlo, Marco, Eve, Kansas, Feral, thbeghin, Micose, + …, and that he wants absolutely to come back one day ( & ASAP ) at PSC ( theduplicate n'est pas mort !, he often says proudly ) for posting his marvellous creations !
Just look at Matt’s last post ( April 05, 2006 ) =
http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/97932/display.html

Believe me, theduplicate miss you !!

Friendly,
PL Razz

Granulated

Post Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:22 am   Reply with quote         

I joined after you last posted...but get well soon Matt.

splodge

Post Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:52 am   Reply with quote         

what did i tell you about drinking and driving???
get back soon friend.

Hallcross Toots
anfa

Post Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:06 am   Reply with quote         

3 broken hands? Is Dupe one of them Indian gods with 6 arms??Wink
Get well soon mate!

Patre

Post Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:05 am   Reply with quote         

Hi Matt,
So very sorry to hear that you have been sick these past several months.
Wishing and praying for your complete recovery in every way!
All the very best to you and your family, and will look forward to
seeing you "chop" again on PSC.
Patre Smile

Post Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:32 am   Reply with quote         

Hurry Back!

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:30 pm   Reply with quote         

Stop falling off your motorbike!

One of my all time favs was yours, Matt.
http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/97932/display.html

Heal and get strong. And appreciate good friends like Prince Laurent (Alain). Very Happy

We'll be waiting for you!

Paul Von Stetina

Post Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:38 pm   Reply with quote         

Hey Matt, take care, and get well soon, I hope we all see you choppin again, also maybe think about a new hobby, like base jumping...No! I mean fishing Very Happy

cafn8d

Post Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:54 pm   Reply with quote         

Bonne santé!

Post Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:52 pm   Reply with quote         

Salut Matt!

Content d'avoir des nouvelles de toi mon pote!
Je me demandais ce qu'il pouvait bien se passer avec toi... aucun signe de vie depuis un bon bout de temps. Je t'imaginais seulement très occupé, comme plusieurs d'entre nous.

Haaa la motocyclette! C'est un sport dangereux, il n'y a pas de place à l'erreur. Bien sûr les erreurs proviennent plus souvent qu'autrement des autres, mais on ne peut pas toujours tout voir ou prevoir tous ces gens qui conduisent comme des imbéciles!! J'ai arrêté de faire de la moto il y a 15 ans. Je me suis aussi déjà cassé la gueule royalement. Au début la moto me manquait, mais avec le temps on oublie ( là je ne parle pas d'alzheimer) et maintenant ça m'indiffère.

Là je vais t'écrire un peu en Québécois; "Crisse ton bike d'in vidanges tabarnac pis grouille toé l'cul sti pour te rpluguer sur internet ciboère!"

Alors soignes toi bien, fait attention à toi, dis salut à ta douce moitié, et reviens... on a bien hâte d'avoir des nouvelles de toi plus réjouissantes.

Ciao!

Une photo prise en 1990 avec un ami et ses jumeaux juste 3-4 heures avant mon gros "crash" sur la route...

Post Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:41 pm   Reply with quote         

I hope this wasn't you. Razz Get well soon, hope your leg heals up and you can get your internet back up. )

Post Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:21 am   Reply with quote         

Salut mon ami,
Je te souhaite un prompt rétablissement et plus de chance pour l’avenir.
Je te remercie pour les conseils que tu nous as prodigués.
Phil.

Prince Laurent

Post Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:25 am   Reply with quote         

mason4300 wrote:
I hope this wasn't you. Razz Get well soon, hope your leg heals up and you can get your internet back up. )

Awesome pic, mason : don't really know how you did (!), but I recognise Matt's motorbike !!!! ( btw, it is still in good health Mad ) + ( subtle, but there ) his favourite botlle Laughing Laughing ( + it's possible it's Matt too ( size, black hair, muscular arm ), but not sure... ).

No, Matt never drive after drinking, but the day when you will go in the French Alps, and that you will see the small ' snake ' mountain roads over there, you will understand much better Exclamation : here ( very near ( 500meters -1/2 mile ) Matt's house ( no chopped pic, photolicious ! Wink Laughing ) :
http://img177.imageshack.us/my.php?image=routematthieukh3.jpg

and here : only one broken hand ( for the first time of 3, Anfa Wink ) but notice it's his choppin' hand ! Crying or Very sad ).
http://img518.imageshack.us/my.php?image=alainmatteb1.jpg

PL Razz
He !, it's my 9th post Embarassed : what we would not make for a friend Embarassed
( I still await some messages, and (as I personally did for each one via PM), already great THANKS to all ! ) + a special thanks for you, ' little ' brother Phil !

nancers
Former Site Moderator

Post Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:17 am   Reply with quote         

We miss you dupe!! I hope your hands heal quickly and things get better for you so that you can get your Internet up again and come back to PSC!

Post Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:43 am   Reply with quote         

Man Dup...and here I was thinkin my greater chopping skills had scared you off...damn it man get ya self back to heath and get back choppin. Go on Im not kidding get better....Im waiting...(Insert tapping foot here)

Take it easy mate and want to see you chopping in here very bloody soon

Blue

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - just an idea... ( theduplicate ) - Reply to topic