Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Some help for Non-Advantage Members ¿? - Reply to topic

blindgod

Post Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:14 am   Reply with quote         

i'm sending my entries as quick as i can [anyway, 2 days after Smile ] ,but they are getting too low view... the list of most voted entries is causing a far distance that's becoming bigger every seconds. i know : advantage members should have an advantage, but isn't that a bit unfair?..

yello_piggy

Post Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:23 am   Reply with quote         

Post Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:36 am   Reply with quote         

Don't worry blindgod...the quality in your work is great. You just recently had a first place finish. Keep up the great work. The psc notices. Even without advantage...your competing well.

-db

TofuTheGreat

Post Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:21 am   Reply with quote         

blindgod wrote:
i'm sending my entries as quick as i can [anyway, 2 days after Smile ] ,but they are getting too low view... the list of most voted entries is causing a far distance that's becoming bigger every seconds. i know : advantage members should have an advantage, but isn't that a bit unfair?..

Vokaris used to be a non-advantage (until he had to go and win an Advantage membership) and he used to do well then (as opposed to how bad he sucks now Wink).

Try to visit the site as close to 8 a.m. EDT as you can in order to get the source for that day (which would be about 3 p.m. your time I believe). Chop like mad and upload your entry and the gap between your's and the top won't be so bad. Very Happy

ReinMan

Post Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:58 am   Reply with quote         

(WARNNG: not a BRAG post)

For what it's worth, I have been able to stay up near the top 10 in the last few posts I've done. I don't usually post until the day of the actual contest. I DO have advantage, but mostly use it to CHAT with the ELITE. Rolling Eyes I actually like the challenge of not starting a chop until the contest is due.

It IS discouraging to see 20 or 30 posts ahead of you, but I've noticed that more and more members are realizing its wise to go over the WHOLE batch of entries first before starting to toss out votes. You'll get looked at. Don't spend time worrying about where you show up in the list, spend time on your CHOPPING ability - that, in the end (and if you don't treat people like crap around here) will get you votes.

Cool

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:06 am   Reply with quote         

blindgod wrote:
i'm sending my entries as quick as i can [anyway, 2 days after Smile ], but they are getting too low view... the list of most voted entries is causing a far distance that's becoming bigger every seconds. i know : advantage members should have an advantage, but isn't that a bit unfair?..
Posting 2 days after the contest opens will cost you 80% of the votes. Unfair - of course it is unfair, and that is a built-in feature in the rules. I was extremely upset about it for quite a while. I'm still rooting to give some incentives for rewarding the top N/A (Non-Advantage) contributors (i.e. a month's advantage benefits for a N/A top 3 placement). On the other hand you (and hero) have the unfair advantage of knowing Photoshop better than the average Joe Q. PSCmember. Very Happy N/A wins are a brave and rare feat and IMHO deserve a special recognition. In my early days (not so long ago) I was happy to end up on the front page.

TofuTheGreat wrote:
Vokaris used to be a non-advantage (until he had to go and win an Advantage membership) and he used to do well then (as opposed to how bad he sucks now Wink).
I sucked just as bad before Advantage, just less noticeable, because I could hide most of the crap in the lower resolution restrictions. Wink

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:10 am   Reply with quote         

You have an even playing field in any of Proc's ongoing side contests like this one:
http://photoshopcontest.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=7786

TheShaman

Post Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:19 am   Reply with quote         

yep.. I won 2 contests as a non-advantaged member. I may not have won that much, but I was always in the top 10 for the month. That to me is more of a personal goal than just winning a contest.

I too loved the challenge of getting the image at the start of the contest and tried to come up with something decent enough to post within a 2-3 hour window of said contest opening. And so long as it gets 20-30 votes I'm happy with the result. That usually means a 10 ten finish.

like others have said, so long as you submit it in the first day and not on the third Rolling Eyes you have a pretty fair shot. Because really it is not when the image is posted that counts, its the quality of the images that matter.

(I have since learned after about a year of me saying sorry out of votes and getting told "hey stupid leave some for the late entries") I now only give out about a handful of votes at the very start on day 1 (to those who do pay to play). Then save the rest for day 2 & 3. I still end up with 5 votes at the very very end of the contest. I also start from the back, the recent option (for those who posted late) and work my way to the front on day 2 & 3 to make sure that I get to the people who didn't get that advantage of posting early.

Post Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:00 pm   Reply with quote         

i am thinking of why i was not used to post forum before Rolling Eyes it seems great to be clarified Very Happy thanks for all your sincere comments and answers!..

mikey

Post Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:48 pm   Reply with quote         

mikey, alias Machineman"s latest work; THEY'RE HERE! Shocked

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Some help for Non-Advantage Members ¿? - Reply to topic