Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - COOLABORATION COMPETITION - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45  Next

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:41 pm   Reply with quote         

You can use your kind words and add a comment letting them know you appreciate their work, Cheryl. To me, that kind of acknowledgement speaks volumes.

Sometimes, it's not always about the votes.

cherylm329

Post Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:47 pm   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:
You can use your kind words and add a comment letting them know you appreciate their work, Cheryl. To me, that kind of acknowledgement speaks volumes.

That's a good idea Eve, I will do that. Thanks!

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:49 pm   Reply with quote         

yeah its about this

arcaico wrote:
I´m shivering now for I enjoy the rough touch of a man

Shocked

please feel free to quote me on that Very Happy

NOGOODSK8RPUNK

Location: hum let me think, oh i know, if you look real hard i sometimes appear in your forum's text box

Post Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:54 pm   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:
NOGOODSK8RPUNK wrote:

i have a question that don't think has been brought up who votes for our images everyone or just people in the chop? also say if i logged in under my N.G.S.P. acct and martex under his can we vote for our own image and others or is it only coolab chop teams voting for other coolab chop teams images does that make any sense? Argh

Vote for all of them, especially your own!!! Razz Wink

All members may participate in the voting!

All Collaboration members may vote for the tent images of their choice!!!

IT'S A FREE WORLD!!!
ok so i haven't read all pages of this forum and have voted for my own before noticing all the talk on voting on your own image i will say that i voted on our(w.c.m.) entry based on the reply above as i brought it up earlier in the forum knowing that this would be a poss. confict.
-matt-

PSC is like a gang... i got beat in... if i leave... they'll beat me off!!!

Post Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:57 pm   Reply with quote         

while we are on the subject of appreciation

just to be sure it doesn't get lost

Eve has put in a lot of thought and work into this activity and hoped to produce something fun and playful. I for one am glad that Eve is thinking about how to make the PSC family reach out to each other in a new way.

I personally appreciate Eve for her efforts to get me situated early in the contest despite a couple of missed connections. I ultimately had to pull my name out because of big work obligations, but would have loved to play along.

So Eve, I appreciate your effort here.

Hopefully as a "first go" there will be enough excitement created to get some momentum for more collaborations in the future, at which time the various issues about voting and source will get resolved/optimized/fine-tuned.

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:58 pm   Reply with quote         

couldn't agree more

cherylm329

Post Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:58 pm   Reply with quote         

digitalpharaoh wrote:
cherylm329 wrote:
Just a two cent comment about the rules (not directed at anyone), all the rules were stated throughout this thread clear as the nose on my face, the problem is people don't read or they skim through.

Just a slight oversight, I'm assuming.

Smile

It is something that should be always expected with a group and something started anew Smile

NOGOODSK8RPUNK

Location: hum let me think, oh i know, if you look real hard i sometimes appear in your forum's text box

Post Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:59 pm   Reply with quote         

cherylm329 wrote:
Eve wrote:

i have gone and done this as well and put (-matt-) under them so as not to speak for martex. and i haven't voted yet for other team chops as i'm hanging out to see what happens.
-matt-

PSC is like a gang... i got beat in... if i leave... they'll beat me off!!!
cherylm329

Post Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:00 pm   Reply with quote         

Evelyn wrote:

Eve has put in a lot of thought and work into this activity and hoped to produce something fun and playful. I for one am glad that Eve is thinking about how to make the PSC family reach out to each other in a new way.

I personally appreciate Eve for her efforts to get me situated early in the contest despite a couple of missed connections. I ultimately had to pull my name out because of big work obligations, but would have loved to play along.

Hopefully as a "first go" there will be enough excitement created to get some momentum for more collaborations in the future, at which time the various issues about voting and source will get resolved/optimized/fine-tuned.

I agree!!!!

cafn8d

Post Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:01 pm   Reply with quote         

Evelyn wrote:

I COMPLETELY AGREE!!!!!!!!!

YAY, EVE!!!

ReinMan

Post Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:30 pm   Reply with quote         

Evelyn wrote:

YES YES YES!!!! Very Happy

BeaverWithaBuzz

Post Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:32 pm   Reply with quote         

(CAF here)

Instead of tearing apart this TRULY FUN game because of a couple of hiccups, how about some more CONSTRUCTIVE suggestions?

So far, opinion seems to lean that if the COOLaboration teams are going to post their chops in a "regular" daily contest, they should use the daily source... and hopefully Proc would give permission, when asked, to make the source public so non-Advantagers who want to play in this game can do so.

Okay... well, building on that, here some suggestions from little old me:

Basically,
(1) get Procyon's permission to make one of the Daily
sources from a given week available for everyone.

(2) Have one non-participant choose WHICH daily contest from that week we'll use.

(3) Have a SECOND non-participant choose a SECOND SOURCE for us to use. Like how Beet chose the building thingy for us this time.

I think the second-source chooser should NOT know which daily source is going to be used... perhaps both the day and the extra source should be given to Eve or someone ELSE so they are revealed simultaneously to the game participants.

(4) BOTH sources MUST be somehow used in each COOLaboration chop.

The addition of the second source will help prevent Advantagers from using up to a month's worth of work and polish in their COOLaboration chop and allow a set amount of time for COOLaborating teams to work in. Obviously, the inclusion of the daily image will also let the game fit more nicely into that day's contest.

IN OTHER WORDS... have everyone do it like how WE BEAVERS did. Cool

Mir

Post Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:33 pm   Reply with quote         

We were unable to post as a team since something happened to my partner and we were unable to finish the chop, but I still posted one of my own chops for the tent competition. Since we had agreed that the collaboration chop would be posted into the tent competition I will vote for the best in either one or the other. I think that even with its little problems this was a fun experience and there has been a buzz around psc which has made this place a little more lively and fun. We should do this again and in the meantime we would all have learned from our experiences. Thanks eve for the work you put in. Congrats to all the great chops in the tent and collaboration competition. _that's my 2c_

mikey

Post Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:33 pm   Reply with quote         

marcoballistic wrote:
yeah its about this

arcaico wrote:
I´m shivering now for I enjoy the rough touch of a man

Shocked

please feel free to quote me on that Very Happy

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Shocked

Post Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:56 pm   Reply with quote         

cherylm329 wrote:
Eve wrote:

Actually, It just occured to me that I voted under my actual name in the collab contest. I still have 25 votes under the Poche name that I could use towards the tent contest. Smile Would that be bad??

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - COOLABORATION COMPETITION - Reply to topic