Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Wondering If I could get some feedback - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

SyderBomb

Post Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:44 am   Reply with quote         

I had this idea for this picture I made the two rats in Poser 7 and I took the picture one day when me and my girlfriend were driving somewhere. I wanted the picture to look like as we drove by the rats were standing there. I know that they look cartoonish and they are off in color I was wondering if someone could give e some pointers on how to get them to set in the picture better. Also how does the reflection in the side mirror look. Thanks for the help PSC.

Post Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:49 am   Reply with quote         

reflection in the mirror needs some perspective, even though i don't think the'd be visible from that corner and sorry to say this but if you wanna make it look like you're passing by, you're gonna have to motion blur the rats on a duplicate layer which will mess it up IMHO. the rats are lookin good though! Very Happy

If you're not on a Mac, you're wasting your time..
ReyRey

Post Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:49 am   Reply with quote         

SyderBomb wrote:
I had this idea for this picture I made the two rats in Poser 7 and I took the picture one day when me and my girlfriend were driving somewhere. I wanted the picture to look like as we drove by the rats were standing there. I know that they look cartoonish and they are off in color I was wondering if someone could give e some pointers on how to get them to set in the picture better. Also how does the reflection in the side mirror look. Thanks for the help PSC.

You would not see them in the mirror unless there is supposed to be one behind the car and if they were in the mirror they would not be transparent. You might want to desaterate them slightly because they are in the shady area under the overpass. Cool idea. Maybe you could give them just a touch of motion blur.
Lose the nose. hahahha

SyderBomb

Post Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:06 am   Reply with quote         

Thanks a lot ReyRey and Sliver I tried motion blur but on the same layer I will mess with a duplicate layer and see how that comes out. I see what you guys mean about the mirror. My one question I have what would be the best way to get the nose out of the pic? I tried to duplicate the pic cut the whole section down the left from top to bottom and as far out as the tip of the nose. Then I move the bottom layer over but it did not line up or look good. Thanks again for the feedback.

Post Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:15 am   Reply with quote         

Nose gone.. I made a rectangular selection and transformed it towards the left side.. clone stamped some minor details that got messed up.. voila!

ReyRey

Post Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:16 am   Reply with quote         

SyderBomb wrote:
Thanks a lot ReyRey and Sliver I tried motion blur but on the same layer I will mess with a duplicate layer and see how that comes out. I see what you guys mean about the mirror. My one question I have what would be the best way to get the nose out of the pic? I tried to duplicate the pic cut the whole section down the left from top to bottom and as far out as the tip of the nose. Then I move the bottom layer over but it did not line up or look good. Thanks again for the feedback.

You can just crop out the nose. It would not hurt the image.

Oscar

Post Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:17 am   Reply with quote         

SyderBomb

Post Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:28 am   Reply with quote         

Wow you guys are really good

ReyRey thanks for the advice

Sliver thanks for the tip I will try that, man your good.

finestcall I like the blur and I cant even start to figure out how you took reflection out of the mirror without the layers.

I got a lot more to learn thanks a lot guys.

Micose

Post Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:48 am   Reply with quote         

nice rats man Smile
SyderBomb

Post Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:49 am   Reply with quote         

Micose wrote:
nice rats man Smile

Thanks

Post Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:52 am   Reply with quote         

Micose wrote:
nice rats man Smile

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Granulated

Post Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:15 pm   Reply with quote         

Quote:

finestcall I like the blur and I cant even start to figure out how you took reflection out of the mirror without the layers.

Really ?? Shocked

Post Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:36 pm   Reply with quote         

The others have already mentioned the obvious. Technically motion blur might be correct but it depends on car speed, shutter speed, aperture, and ISO. Something has been lost in blurring the rats. But, blur could work under different scenarios. The rats could be sharp, but not against the current blurred background. Desaturating the rats as Rey pointed out will help a lot. They're great looking but too pretty, rough 'em up. Composition seems to suffer from where you've placed them and why did you choose to make them the size they are? Why not go bigger. What's the story? Why are they there? What are they doing? Where are they going? Do they carry baggage? Are you trying to be funny? Is it one of those, "whoa, what the hell was that" moments.

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:54 pm   Reply with quote         

the lighting/shadow on the rats (looks like studio lighting, projector-like light sources) is inconsistent with the environment (under a bridge right between sunlight and shadow plus a lot of light coming from the sky, reflected in the pavement, etc.)

Lower the saturation and contrast on the rats, go much lighter and softer on the shadows

MindGraph

Post Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:27 pm   Reply with quote         

I was playin...

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Wondering If I could get some feedback - Reply to topic