Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - I just payed for 2300 different fonts - Reply to topic

Post Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:35 pm   Reply with quote         

And i think that that is complete bullshit. So heres the download link, its only going to be open for 5 more days. Enjoy. http://www.bluesfear.com/downloads/fonts63h.zip
Heres how to install fonts if you dont know how.
1.make a new folder in the c drive.
2.extract the fonts to that folder
3.go to start>settings>control panel
4.open the fonts folder
5.click file>install fonts
6.select the folder from the c drive
7.press ok
8.open up photoshop (it will lag for like 2 minutes while it recognizes the new fonts)
9.enjoy the 2500 fonts i just paid for

pm me if you have any questions

p.s like 10 of the font files dont work...but who cares thats 10 out of 2300

Granulated

Post Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:53 pm   Reply with quote         

did you just pay for them ?

Post Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:56 pm   Reply with quote         

i payed for them 2 days ago, the link lasts 7 days

lancoma

Post Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:29 pm   Reply with quote         

thanks Cool

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:53 pm   Reply with quote         

now thats some serious sharing of the love, cheers JD

SyderBomb

Post Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:56 pm   Reply with quote         

Thanks a lot man.

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:01 pm   Reply with quote         

I think you were ripped if you payed for them. A quick glance through the 2300+ fonts shows that most of them are leeched from www.dafont.com where they're labeled free (i.e. you were duped into paying for them) and some are commercial from various sources, i.e. bundled with the others they were probably stolen in the first place. I seriously doubt you're getting a proper license for using the commercial fonts even if you payed for the whole mess.

Edit: never mind, I see you payed $1 for the 'package' which explains pretty much everything

Post Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:24 pm   Reply with quote         

well, I know where you can get around 6000 fonts for only 7 bucks, so if you decide to get that pack, be sure to share it as well. Wink

http://fontfreak.com/

Post Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:01 am   Reply with quote         

Shocked Did you install every font you got?!!? For what reason? "Yay, now I have to scroll through 2000 fonts in that tiny box in PS before finding the one I want"
Plus I've got the impression that a lot of fonts in the Font-directory slows down both Windows and PS startup. Everytime.

Very Happy No seriously, don't you have a Font Manager? I recommend it! Have a Font collection somewhere else on your harddrive, and only install the fonts you need. You can customize the sample text and size, just to see how that specific line of words look like.

I have been using The Font Thing for quite a while. It's a really old (1999!) but works perfect with a simple interface. Only con is that I don't think it supports OpenType. But that collection you bought was TTF only so it's no biggie...
It's FREEWARE (no ads or spyware), I truly recommend this.

I haven't really cared that much for OpenType fonts, but Opcion Font Viewer seem to do the trick. Not as good interface as The Font Thing (you can't install fonts to Windows/Fonts from inside the app, you have to do it manually), but it works, and is OpenSource.

The links for download can be found here:
http://www.edovan.net/psc/fonts.html

Font on! Razz
Lord David

Location: Melbourne, Australian Continent, Earth, Sector 001, United Federation of Planets, Alpha Quadrant.

Post Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:36 am   Reply with quote         

You guys BUY fonts?!! Shocked Laughing Wink

Granulated

Post Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:38 am   Reply with quote         

JDickow wrote:
i payed for them 2 days ago, the link lasts 7 days

Shocked

Post Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:13 am   Reply with quote         

lol they were 1 dollar. But that's still money and im sure you can find them for free somewhere but all in one big package just seemed cool. Hope everyone gets them because a lot are really sweet.

dewdew

Post Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:41 pm   Reply with quote         

dude ,free stuff will get you EVERYWHERE in this place. Embarassed

Post Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:36 pm   Reply with quote         

edovan wrote:
Shocked Did you install every font you got?!!? For what reason? "Yay, now I have to scroll through 2000 fonts in that tiny box in PS before finding the one I want"
Plus I've got the impression that a lot of fonts in the Font-directory slows down both Windows and PS startup. Everytime.

Very Happy No seriously, don't you have a Font Manager? I recommend it! Have a Font collection somewhere else on your harddrive, and only install the fonts you need. You can customize the sample text and size, just to see how that specific line of words look like.

I have been using The Font Thing for quite a while. It's a really old (1999!) but works perfect with a simple interface. Only con is that I don't think it supports OpenType. But that collection you bought was TTF only so it's no biggie...
It's FREEWARE (no ads or spyware), I truly recommend this.

I haven't really cared that much for OpenType fonts, but Opcion Font Viewer seem to do the trick. Not as good interface as The Font Thing (you can't install fonts to Windows/Fonts from inside the app, you have to do it manually), but it works, and is OpenSource.

Unfortunately I'm quite fresh in the forum, so I can't post links. But the links for download can be found here:
www dot edovan dot net slash psc slash fonts.html

Font on! Razz

everyone do this it helps

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - I just payed for 2300 different fonts - Reply to topic