Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - PS Cs 3 - Suitable or not for Laptop? - Reply to topic

Post Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:02 am   Reply with quote         

Hello guys,

Just need to ask, i'm consider to upgrading my cs2 to cs3 since i got a bit money to invest for it..hehe. But, i got some questions tricky in my mind. Is that Cs 3 suitable for laptop?

Because i like so much using my laptop when come to my design work..i'm not mac user..just using wondow vista..my processor is intel duo core. I heard one of my friend said, Cs 3 not suitable/compatible for laptop because it take to much ram and your computer will load slow...is that true?. i'm not sure my friend info is true or not..but now, i need some explanation from u guys who already using cs3 especially for their laptop..

thanks for any feedback.

Zaizen

Post Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:03 pm   Reply with quote         

hmm...looks no feedback yet Sad .

ScionShade

Post Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:26 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm not on vista or CS3, I have Vista on my kids' new pc, Vista is a huge hog on ram, and processing,
I would think any large program at all is a problem with vista. basically,
if your old pc didn't have much ram..that's how programs are gonna run with vista even with lots of ram, and a fast processor.

Heinlein

Post Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:45 pm   Reply with quote         

Make sure you have at least 2 gigs of RAM.

I have been running CS3 on my laptop that has a duel core processor.

I am running XP though. I will not upgrade to VISTA because it is such a memory hog.

To answer your question, I have not had one problem running CS3 since I loaded it in April. It is actually faster than CS2.

I have had Photoshop, InDesign, and Flash all running at the same time with no slow down in performance.

I hope this helps,
Jim Smile

dewdew

Post Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:05 pm   Reply with quote         

i run a cheap toshiba satellite with only a 256 and a 512 ram (768) minus the 128 for windows xp. dont want vista because of the ram and driver issues, i have cs2 and cs3 loaded on the laptop and have had no problems. my procsessor is only a 1.6 gig single core intel celeron m with a ati radeon 200m intergrated video card. i also play around with a daz 3d modeler with no problems,the 3d program is a bit slow when rendering ,but it gets the job done. dont see a great big difference in the cs2 compared to cs3 other than the quick select tool ,and gif abilitys. any way i dont think you will have a big problem with the laptop running cs3. i do have questions on the lcd screen compaired to a crt monitor. i think the lcd would work better for chopping but dont know for sure and have never tried the crt hook up to compair. hope this helps Smile

TofuTheGreat

Post Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:15 pm   Reply with quote         

Turn of all the fancy aero interface in Vista and it's RAM usage should drop. Further tweaking should free up lots of RAM.

Oscar

Post Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:25 pm   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:
Turn of all the fancy aero interface in Vista and it's RAM usage should drop. Further tweaking should free up lots of RAM.

When I turn off the aero it does not decrease my memory usage... I been running vista for sometime now ( Core2 duo extreme with 8 gigs ram)... also the readyboost really works nice.

But unless ya got more than 2 gigs ya should stay away from vista. Smile

Post Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:30 pm   Reply with quote         

Thanks for the feedback dan info guys! Smile . my ram is 1022 mb. is that ok to running ps cs3?

Lord David

Location: Melbourne, Australian Continent, Earth, Sector 001, United Federation of Planets, Alpha Quadrant.

Post Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:41 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm using Vista on my LG laptop with Photoshop CS3. It has 1 gig of RAM, it should be fine, it's usually the first run when it loads slow, but after that it works alright, slightly faster than loading CS2.

Forget about what other peeps say, CS3 works fine on a laptop with 1 gig of RAM and running Windows Vista.

Lord David

Location: Melbourne, Australian Continent, Earth, Sector 001, United Federation of Planets, Alpha Quadrant.

Post Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:43 pm   Reply with quote         

Oscar wrote:
TofuTheGreat wrote:

When I turn off the aero it does not decrease my memory usage... I been running vista for sometime now ( Core2 duo extreme with 8 gigs ram)... also the readyboost really works nice.

But unless ya got more than 2 gigs ya should stay away from vista. Smile

2 gigs? HA! Vista runs with a minimum of 512 megs (no Aero interface etc), but with 1 gigs, it's fine. Aero works smoothly, everything is fine. So what cha' talkin about Willis?

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - PS Cs 3 - Suitable or not for Laptop? - Reply to topic