Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Tell me what you think... - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Boekoe

Post Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:11 pm   Reply with quote         

ReinMan wrote:
Well, it has a neat look to it - funky, as Marco said.

I have a problem, as a supposed web designer myself, with the navigation though.

Using only FORWARD and BACK seems in-effective. I had to click through a few pages to find your CONTACT info (for example) and before I clicked through those pages I didn't even KNOW if you HAD a contact page.

In the old days (and I KNOW "old" Razz ) this was called Mystery Meat navigation. It does add some "Scavenger Hunt" type fun to a site, but at the end of the day people come to your site to LEARN about you and what you have to offer - don't make them work TOO hard to find it / get at it or they MIGHT GO AWAY before they get to the good stuff.

I also agree with Splodge that, in general, a lot of new designers are using VERY SMALL font sizes which is kinda wackky as monitors have gotten BIGGER. Again, don't make your potential clients/worshippers work TOO hard to get the info on you! Wink

Now that's something you can work with Wink
I thought about the navigation, but still picked this method, it has only 4 pages, so i thought it wouldn't be that much of a bugger.
and there's a lot more stuff to come to fill the pages, with a few more links to the different pages, so nobody get's lost Wink

ow, and if you want to go to my contact, just click back in the first place Wink

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Tell me what you think... - Reply to topic