Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - Post your tips on breaking chop block - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:43 am   Reply with quote         

I have hit a wall with feeling inspired lately. I think I need to cruise thru some art sites. I just wondered what many of you guys do when you hit a wall with inspiration . I don't think that I lack an imagination I just think I am tired but if any of you guys have tips for breaking the chop block syndrome maybe it will help all of us. And thanks.

Oscar

Post Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:22 am   Reply with quote         

Get laid

arcaico

Post Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:34 am   Reply with quote         

do what he says... it helps. (really... I won a contest this way)

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:39 am   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:
do what he says... it helps. (really... I won a contest this way)

Rolling Eyes Razz

You don't have to post for every comp. Look at the sources and choose something. Rotate and squinting helps too...

Oldage

Post Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:40 am   Reply with quote         

That was the funniest ever. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Crying or Very sad Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Crying or Very sad Laughing Laughing Laughing

I can't stop laughing

Post Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:22 am   Reply with quote         

That's just incredible, that sex idea, I guess I should say whatever works and that's the point of this thread.. what works to inspire. Thanks for the tip.

I have done the rotating of the source around and sometimes that helps but the mood is gone for the moment to do anything.

Post Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:25 am   Reply with quote         

Maybe too I should ask what makes you feel sexy then maybe that's the problem I am having? Okay then WHAT MAKES YOU FEEL SEXY AND INSPIRED?????? Very Happy

abraham

Post Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:47 am   Reply with quote         

This is a very nice topic. That breaking the chop block syndrome always happen to me, I just walk away from the computer and forget about it until I crave again. I should always visit this thread to get pointers, maybe this will help me to have my first win, lol!

Post Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:02 am   Reply with quote         

So here are the tips so far

1- Have sex
2- Rotate image and squint
3- Step away from the computer
4-Visit arty sites, maybe check out photoshop magazines

ReinMan

Post Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:35 am   Reply with quote         

Big tip: STOP TOUCHING YOURSELF! Shocked

ScionShade

Post Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:16 am   Reply with quote         

That's not called inspiration. It's called copying. It's why 90% of everything posted anymore is beyond lame and why 99% of them look so much alike
you'd think one or two people made all of 'em.
People used to have their own ideas. People used to do their own thing.
You want inspiration? Do like micose. Look for something you can do in PS and become the best at it....The guy has great talent now, and he didn't find that looking at GFX. I have the site record, I did it with an image that has major flaws all over it, cause I did like micose did. Go to www.Pamzylove.com, Pam did the same thing, and she learned it right here like most of us. She's now a known, awarded, published on a regular basis artist.
But, if you're just gonna go for 'ideas' for chops, there's still a small chance to stand out a little. These guys just copy images with past successes, or eachother, and mainly the garbage grunge from GFX that went out of style several years.(because its lazy and meaningless)..there is one classic style that will never tire...PSC style.Haven't seen any posted in a real long time, you'll have to hit the archives.

Oscar

Post Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:44 am   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:
That's not called inspiration......archives.

Very true, but you are missing one thing Scion... we get lame pics as source. I can't do miracles with this images man! Smile

Post Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:57 am   Reply with quote         

So here are the tips so far

1- Have sex
2- Rotate image and squint
3- Step away from the computer
4-Visit arty sites, maybe check out photoshop magazines

5.Quit having sex
6. Go with Scion's advice
7. Torch the Sources

Heinlein

Post Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:05 am   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:
That's not called inspiration. It's called copying. It's why 90% of everything posted anymore is beyond lame and why 99% of them look so much alike
you'd think one or two people made all of 'em.
People used to have their own ideas. People used to do their own thing.
You want inspiration? Do like micose. Look for something you can do in PS and become the best at it....The guy has great talent now, and he didn't find that looking at GFX. I have the site record, I did it with an image that has major flaws all over it, cause I did like micose did. Go to www.Pamzylove.com, Pam did the same thing, and she learned it right here like most of us. She's now a known, awarded, published on a regular basis artist.
But, if you're just gonna go for 'ideas' for chops, there's still a small chance to stand out a little. These guys just copy images with past successes, or eachother, and mainly the garbage grunge from GFX that went out of style several years.(because its lazy and meaningless)..there is one classic style that will never tire...PSC style.Haven't seen any posted in a real long time, you'll have to hit the archives.

I am in 100% agreement with you! If you look at the archives when this site first started, you will see what Photoshopping is all about.

MindGraph

Post Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:21 am   Reply with quote         

agree with Scion and Heinlein. Originality gone to poop. It still grabs me when one pops up that is totally off in another direction. There was alot more variety in the past and yes I agree that the source images also had more variety too. Sometimes you just need to walk away from here and look around where you go. Don't use the internet for inspiration because as I found you tend to just copy instead of create.
Scion...that link you posted has come up blank. Is the site still there or is the link wrong? Would like to see her stuff.

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - Post your tips on breaking chop block - Reply to topic