Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Any thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions? - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

cafn8d

Post Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:53 pm   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:
I think you should consider using your real name. . .

I hire you to photograph my family, we meet & get to know each other. I tell my friends how great you are & give them your name. Who cares about a catchy name no one will remember?

Evans' Imaging (or Images)

Post Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:04 pm   Reply with quote         

Canuck <º)))>< wrote:
Not sure about a name yet, but I got your slogan:

Pharaoh Images:

Let my people glow! Laughing

CANUCK!

Post Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:06 pm   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
You know, Eve's got a point

Natural Lighting by Stephen

Now, that one's not bad at all...

I also like Caf's:
Pyramid Portraits
Pinnacle Portraits

Such a dilemma Laughing

Micose

Post Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:15 pm   Reply with quote         

mines were better Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Laughing Wink

Post Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:16 pm   Reply with quote         

Quite honestly I would advise against using "Pharaoh." It conjures up too many other images and ideas not related to photography. I'm with Eve. Use your name or a variation of your name. One suggestion would be to combine both names into one shorter name like:

Stevans Portraiture (Use this if you are really focused on this area)

Stevans Photography (For all areas)

This short, simple name helps people to remember your business name and it helps them remember your first and last name, as well as your Web site.

Think about your target audience, the ones with lots of money. What names are they likely to feel comfortable with?

Deep down the name represents you and how you feel about your business. Think it over carefully. Holding a three-day contest is a fun way to brainstorm but shouldn't be the answer.

Play around with "Eye of Horus." How could you tie this into your natural lighting techniques?

Give us more information about you. If the business is taking off, why is it taking off? Are you using your name or have you been using Digital Pharaoh?

Post Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:29 pm   Reply with quote         

tadams wrote:
Quite honestly I would advise against using "Pharaoh." It conjures up too many other images and ideas not related to photography. I'm with Eve. Use your name or a variation of your name. One suggestion would be to combine both names into one shorter name like:

Stevans Portraiture (Use this if you are really focused on this area)

This short, simple name helps people to remember your business name and it helps them remember your first and last name, as well as your Web site.

Think about your target audience, the ones with lots of money. What names are they likely to feel comfortable with?

Deep down the name represents you and how you feel about your business. Think it over carefully. Holding a three-day contest is a fun way to brainstorm but shouldn't be the answer.

Play around with "Eye of Horus." How could you tie this into your natural lighting techniques?

Give us more information about you. If the business is taking off, why is it taking off? Are you using your name or have you been using Digital Pharaoh?

Once upon a time, I was using the name "Sarevan"...had sarevan.com and everything...and that was a combination of my first, middle and last names...but no one ever knew how to pronounce it correctly. Laughing

...and really...a lot of my clients I've gotten so far have been through word of mouth/ referrals...so they know my real name...but all of their emails go to digitalpharaoh...so they know that name as well...
...and I'm going against the "standard" portrait set-up...no flash, huge umbrellas and the like in favor of a few select reflectors and natural filtered and unfiltered light...

I had come up with Plein Air Portraits...but...I dunno...

TofuTheGreat

Post Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:32 pm   Reply with quote         

tadams wrote:
This short, simple name helps people to remember your business name and it helps them remember your first and last name, as well as your Web site...

Good points. I think that's why I stayed away from "Pharoah" in my suggestions. It's too cheap sounding (almost even pimp).

I like "Stevans Photography". It's unique and still has a classy sound to it. Personally I'd want a classy photog rather than a pimp photog.

Since you liked the gist of "Natural Selections" you could combine those two elements:

"Stevans Natural Photography"

Only problem is that this runs the risk of inducing the idea that you only do nature shots. But something along that line of thinking may be possible.

cafn8d

Post Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:46 pm   Reply with quote         

hmm...

Pharaoh's Reflections
(In) Your Best Light (by Pharaoh)
Ra's Rays
Pharaoh's Rays
Let the Sun Shine In Portraits (copyright??)
The Dawn of Portraiture
Pharaoh's Dawn
Pharaoh's Sunlight Artistry

Can you tell I'm kinda bored and low energy with this cold I have? Laughing

TheShaman

Post Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:54 pm   Reply with quote         

looks as if Pinnacle is already used

http://www.google.com/search?q=pinnacle&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

plus I do work for a company also using Pinnacle in their design name... thats a popular one apparently.

I guess you'll really have to just check google when you finally decide.
but I'm for using your name. Sounds more professional.

Post Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:12 pm   Reply with quote         

too much to read here...keep it professional...

Photography by DP

Paul Von Stetina

Post Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:52 pm   Reply with quote         

Son Of Pharography...
Son Of Pharaoh Photography...
Stephens 1 Hour Photos...(Naked women free) Twisted Evil Laughing
You got me Stephen, good luck, I hope you find something Cool

Wiz

Post Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:56 pm   Reply with quote         

digitalpharaoh wrote:
HELP!

Ok...so I need a name for my portrait photo business that seems to be finally taking off...

SO...a small contest is in order:

RULES:

1. I don't really want to use my real name
2. I'd like to use "pharaoh" in some form, but I can't think of anything that sounds...good.
3. I'd like to empasize the fact that I use a lot of natural lighting for my portraits.

First place will get an original work by me! Or, if you happen to live in the DC Metro area you can opt for a free portrait!

Contest will be open for 3 days only...so get your thinking caps on people!

Very Happy

Idea 'Pharaoh Photo Cheops'... Shit that was easy! LOL!

dewdew

Post Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:09 pm   Reply with quote         

EVAN'S ENLIGHTMENT PHOTOGRAPHY
EVAN'S DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY
PHARAOH EVANS WOULD MAKE A COOL HOLLYWOOD NAME.
PHARAOH EVANS PHOTOGRAPHY Cool

AFTER READING BACK I SAW SCIONS Laughing HELL JUST TWO HUGE LETTERS ON A WHITE CARD?
and yes i was driving with the blinker on! Laughing

acemanoj

Post Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:13 pm   Reply with quote         

How about

'PharaohTrait'

Smile Smile Smile [/i]

Micose

Post Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:32 pm   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:
tadams wrote:
This short, simple name helps people to remember your business name and it helps them remember your first and last name, as well as your Web site...

Good points. I think that's why I stayed away from "Pharoah" in my suggestions. It's too cheap sounding (almost even pimp).

I like "Stevans Photography". It's unique and still has a classy sound to it. Personally I'd want a classy photog rather than a pimp photog.

Since you liked the gist of "Natural Selections" you could combine those two elements:

"Stevans Natural Photography"

Only problem is that this runs the risk of inducing the idea that you only do nature shots. But something along that line of thinking may be possible.

honestly ? PICK WHAT TADAMS AND TOFU SAID.
STEVANS PHOTOGRAPHY rocks
STEVANS PHOTOGRAPHY

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Any thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions? - Reply to topic