Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - What does everyone do for a living? - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Synthvet

Post Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:54 pm   Reply with quote         

Laughing Laughing

DaVinci

Post Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:46 am   Reply with quote         

Ok people, more than a year later I will ask the same question...what do you guys do for a living?!? And do you use Photoshop @ your work? I do! I'm a graphic designer at the world largest Industrial auctioneer (whatever the hell that means).

Share it with us peeps!

armogeden

Post Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:58 am   Reply with quote         

buglover wrote:

SpamCam -

Did you know that the term 'spamming' came from the monty python sketch? Ill copy something I read a while ago:

"The word spam was used in this Monty Python sketch involving a couple in a shop attempting to order a meal. All items in the shop come with spam. During the entire sketch a group of vikings starts singing the refrain "Spam, spam, spam, spam...lovely spam...wonderful spam". The song gets progressively louder during the sketch.

The term spam made the jump to the electronic world through chatroom spam. In the early 1980's in People Link chatrooms it developed as a way to see off unwanted members from a forum of friends having a conversation. When a new member tried to hijack the conversation, the existing members of the room would begin typing the lines from the Monty Python sketch referred to above. The remaining members would sit back and laugh, or get a drink, but offer no further comment until the unwanted member left. being 'spammed out of a room' quickly made the jump to other online mediums, most notably MUDS where any unwanted communication was referred to as spamming and the first rules against SPAM were developed as early as 1981 'No Spamming Public Channels'.

Today, spam is used in almost every area to describe unwanted and annoying messages."

I'll bet you it's true.

yello_piggy

Post Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:01 am   Reply with quote         

in the german version they sing: schmalz - schmalz - schmalz, leckeres schmalz... Laughing

armogeden

Post Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:06 am   Reply with quote         

yello_piggy wrote:
in the german version they sing: schmalz - schmalz - schmalz, leckeres schmalz... Laughing

Laughing Laughing German's such great language Very Happy

yello_piggy

Post Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:10 am   Reply with quote         

schmalz = porkgrease

podgorski

Post Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:25 pm   Reply with quote         

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
LOL, what a thread

hzgvbzl v ,.,.gfdh.hdl,msdfh.,spš66s,.r6,žw6šsl
MindGraph

Post Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:32 pm   Reply with quote         

EJH wrote:
I'm anfa's pimp.*

*speaking of which anfa, I'm still waiting for my 75% cut from last weekend... if you spent it all on beer again, I'm gonna bitch slap you so hard...

business been slow? Confused

Post Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:38 pm   Reply with quote         

I secretly work for The De...AHA! YOU THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO GIVE IT AWAY DIDN'T YOU!!! HAHAHA! JOKES ON YOU!!!

Whew. If the boys at the State Department got wind of thi...um...oops.

Shocked

cherylm329

Post Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:44 pm   Reply with quote         

PS (and like software) has been a hobby for me for the last 3 years, then I decided to make it a career. I am a Legal Assistant in real estate currently (pays the bills for now). I am going to the Art Institute for Graphic Design to change professions.

Meaty

Post Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:12 pm   Reply with quote         

Manager at a waterbed manufacturing company, I pshop to relax when i get home, photoshop comes second to carpentry in my life.

Canuck <º)))><

Post Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:09 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm a Power Engineer for an automative manufacturing company (The largest in the world now, and sadly not one of the Big 3), but if you ask Eve, I work nights at the Kwiki Mart.

In my spare time I manage the website www.proofthatgodexists.org, and NO DP, I AM NOT TRYING TO START ANYTHING Laughing

Post Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:11 pm   Reply with quote         

I go to school...

Post Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:24 pm   Reply with quote         

I use the gift God has given me to create income. mostly Graphic Design work. freelance. I give an occasional guitar lesson too. Cool a check every month from the government don't hurt either! Laughing Shocked Embarassed I had a stroke and was disabled Crying or Very sad but I made a miraculous recovery praise God! Very Happy a lot of hard work and belief in what I do is keeping me alive too. Cool

Post Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:27 pm   Reply with quote         

zoom27 wrote:
and how did you get into that field? schooling etc.

curious how many of you guys use photoshop on a daily bases for work, and if you you guys have designing experiance. i'm wanting to get into design/multimedia/visual comminucations, webpage development, flash etc. wondering how you guys find time to mess around on this site.....just get a little background on your skills and what you do

"I'll tell you what Zoom, you show me yours first, then I'll show you mine, as we kids used to say!... You've only done 16 entries in 1.5 YEARS?????, and an empty Zoom profile makes me kinda wary of your post, that's for sure.

How about it? Twisted Evil

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - What does everyone do for a living? - Reply to topic