Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - So I was daydreaming.... - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

ScionShade

Post Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:39 pm   Reply with quote         

So I was daydreaming , kinda taking a break from a book I was reading where the people lived thousands of years thanks to nano, and genetic regen and stuff. So here i am just imagining what kinda projects i could do if I had millions of years to just toil away at it. Just goofy stuff, like
taking a piece of land the size of a state and nurturing it to a perfectly balanced environment and stuff, I'm picturing that "What if I had twenty million years" , what i could get done, then , I dunno if it was something of the tv I heard , or what, but it occurs to me, that if ya took one year from every persons life in the US, like say everyone in the US spent the whole last year on this project, you would have had 350 million years .....
then I'm thinking..we had 350 million years just this last year to get something done, and there was like....so little done.

padfoot7726

Post Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:45 pm   Reply with quote         

If your'e talking about the planet's population, that would be more than 6 billion years. Kinda strange to think about.

Post Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:52 pm   Reply with quote         

That's way freakier...6 billion people...you'd think if all 6 billion took one day out to do something good, we'd have 1,643,835 years worth of one person working a single project.

TutorMe
Site Moderator

Location: Sitting in this room playing Russian roulette, finger on the trigger to my dear Juliet.

Post Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:09 pm   Reply with quote         

That's deep scion. Deep.

padfoot7726

Post Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:09 pm   Reply with quote         

the hard thing would be organizing something like that. Everybody would have different ideas with what to do, and nobody would want to participate in someone else's idea. Rolling Eyes

Post Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:23 pm   Reply with quote         

padfoot7726 wrote:
the hard thing would be organizing something like that. Everybody would have different ideas with what to do, and nobody would want to participate in someone else's idea. Rolling Eyes

Yeah - kinda like that DAM "PREMIUM ADD ONE THING" thread of Micoses! Razz Twisted Evil

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:42 pm   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:
then I'm thinking..we had 350 million years just this last year to get something done, and there was like....so little done.

Shocked man that makes sense. We could do so damn much, but few do. Thanks for the mind f**k Joe, amazing to chew over, so many possabilities Smile

couldb5150

Post Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:48 pm   Reply with quote         

I have 1,643,835 different voices in my head!!!...all talking at the same time.....someone PLEASE stop the madness!Smile

AM I mental?

Bwahahahahahaah

~5150

annajon

Post Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:50 pm   Reply with quote         

The best thing to start with is use the help you get, and pay it forward.

That means, if somebody does something for you, you do something (simular or like that or better) for somebody else. And they can do the same.

It starts by holding the door open for another person behind you, or carry something heavy to a car for somebody in a shop. Eventually it creates a spirit that it is good, and also very normal and natural to be helped, and to help others, without expecting to be payed for it.

Take for instance the Swim Logo thing here on the forum. If we as a collaboration manage to come up with the idea that creates the logo for that school, then the students of that school in tern can do something (creative or helpfull) for another school, or for an old peoples home, anything. Pay it forward. That is what is is called. And that is what it takes to make this idea work.

That way you will get a large proportion of 6 billion people on this planet do something towards somebody else. And eventually the good will come back to you, because it will make for a better world, with people having an understanding for eachother.

lancoma

Post Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:06 pm   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:
That's way freakier...6 billion people...you'd think if all 6 billion took one day out to do something good, we'd have 1,643,835 years worth of one person working a single project.

and how do you know that they don't? Wink
small things are moving the world and they lead to big ones...thats the joy and sadness of life...if it was different, we would all lived in one big utopia Smile

Post Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:50 pm   Reply with quote         

If the same amount of people(6 Billion) all sent one single person, a single dollar each.Each day send another person a dollar, and so forth Before long we would all be rich OR would we.
Now i would say that if we all lived that long we would depleat the earth of resource's, but if they have nano.....i guess water and air would'nt be a thought

DEEP THOUGHT'S by SCIONSHADE Cool thats would be a cool new thread.

yello_piggy

Post Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:50 pm   Reply with quote         

maybe you could think, that you could create an universe in a few thousand years Laughing darwinism rules!

MindGraph

Post Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:38 pm   Reply with quote         

definitely believe in what annajon mentioned about pay it forward. I do things similar to what you mentioned alot. Strangest story was when I moved to the south back in 93. I always hold doors for people and after about a month of living here I happened to take notice that the african american people that I held doors for would look at me in a strange way as to the effect of approaching the door with a smile but at the same time had a look like I was going to slam it in their face when they got near. At one point I was out with someone at work and did it and they asked me "what did you do that for?" I told them that's who I am but realized they never said it when it was a white person. Pissed me off to realize that the "slavery" attitude was still alive in the south. I continued to do it because that's who I am and in time more people were doing it (not because of me) and now I don't notice it anymore. Same thing went with tipping in restaurants or diners. People that lived here would throw some change down after a big meal and only because they had some change in their pocket otherwise they wouldn't have left anything. I left this woman a $5 tip shortly after I moved here and she always treated me like a king whenever I went back there. I know I didn't change the south but I like to think that I encouraged others to just be themselves and not to live in the mentality that was in the air.
Good forum Joey and good thoughts from everyone. In a way this is paying it forward with what you all shared. I got alot out of it. Made me think of this story and how things have changed for the better.
Shut up MG! ok..... Wink

annajon

Post Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:32 pm   Reply with quote         

silent profileright sunny thumright

annajon

Post Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:13 am   Reply with quote         

rofl, most people dont even have a clue what they could do

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - So I was daydreaming.... - Reply to topic