Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - web site I made - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:46 am   Reply with quote         

Hey everyone

Hoping I can get some feedback on this site

http://allanjsagot.com[/url]

NOGOODSK8RPUNK

Location: hum let me think, oh i know, if you look real hard i sometimes appear in your forum's text box

Post Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:01 am   Reply with quote         

joe i would say lose the blue breakers on the side from se hable espanol etc etc as they are not clicable links. and the visa mc logos make it look a tad low budget. just my opinion you asked us and hell thats what i got... please take this from a dude that gets hemself in trouble a lot Laughing sorry bout de spelling Wink damn i gotta go to sleep. have a good night all...
-m-

annajon

Post Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:46 am   Reply with quote         

Agreed with Matt on the colour, you can keep the site black and white in my opinion, lines a little thinner and grayish would be ok too. But the most imporatant information, your personal information at the bottom, should be readable, so the font on whole text a tad smaller perhaps and the address etc at the bottom, bigger font please, so people can read it.

annajon

Post Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:48 am   Reply with quote         

And - I know it is troublesom for some people to actually type your email address in a box, but I would urge you to use a NOT clickable version to email you, because this will keep the spambots from finding you online. The way you have made it at the moment will guarantee you shitloads of spam in your mailbox and nothing else.

yello_piggy

Post Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:50 am   Reply with quote         

use the huge space you have, reduce the blue bars, try a view without the framework, and some more width would look good. maybe just an unicolour background instead of the balance-pattern...but I am not the real expert for this stuff...

Post Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:24 pm   Reply with quote         

Thanks for the advice everyone. I appreciate the honesty.This is the first time I ever designed a site for someone. I agree with the email suggestion but he wanted it clickable rather then have someone type it in.

ReinMan

Post Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:35 pm   Reply with quote         

Yup, I would definately loose the "balance scales" background - kinda says "I designed this MYSELF!" Wink

Simple strong colour (not many of them) on white will communicate more strength and, God forbid, honesty.

Also, having that information on the LEFT side area is (as I think mentioned above) kinda confusing - that area, on many sites, is where the main navigation menu is so people are going to try and click on those things and get frustrated when they do nothing.

I'd move that CONTACT button down near where your other info is at the bottom. In fact, I think it's a bit wacky for you to have all the info on the Index page and then have a link to a CONTACT page that has the SAME info. Again, keep it simple, eh? Very Happy

Your main body of info text is formatted CENTERED. I wouldn't do that. Either Right Justify it or FULL Justify it. I'd set it in another table set about 25 pixels SMALLER than the main cell it now sits in... that will give it some more breathing room.

Okay - gotta jet now - good luck with this!

Reinier Cool

Wiz

Post Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:05 pm   Reply with quote         

JoePhila wrote:
Hey everyone

Hoping I can get some feedback on this site

http://allanjsagot.com[/url]

Hey Joe, Wiz Here, I've had a go at cleaning up your Website, see attachment below:-

A couple of things I should point out about your existing one.

1. We all agree (PSC'ers that is) that the type sucks

2. That dayglow Green you use is used by people selling ring tones for chrissake... the pits of Webpage coloring;-) Lose it!

3. Keep your Typefaces to a minimum, but with plenty of weights, italics, bolds, condensed, obliques etc.

4. Always use Radio Button Icons for those link pages.

5. Most importantly never stray away from the K.I.S.S. Principal... KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID! Always works for any website, take a look at some of the good ones.

I have chosen Glazer Stencil for the Headers, because it goes very well with your '60's 'Glazer' lookalike page design. (BTW: I used to adore his work back then). It's highly visible and works well on all backgrounds.

I chose Avant Garde for all the Body Text, mainly because it has a wide range of font face variables, and works neatly with the Glazer Font. Again, keep those fonts from fighting each other, OK!

If you want some more critique-ing or help just PM me buddy, I like helping fellow PSC'ers as much as I can.

HTH Very Happy Wiz

Post Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:07 pm   Reply with quote         

Um...wrong thread guys?

splodge

Post Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:02 pm   Reply with quote         

Hallcross Toots
Wiz

Post Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:00 pm   Reply with quote         

splodge wrote:

"Nice pointer Splodge, with all the PSC's help. I think Joe'l be able to put together a pretty damn good website.

Let's hope he listens AND learns from the wealth of good advice he's been given by the Board.

Nice to see, we're acting like a real 'Family'

DSAO

Smile Wiz

Post Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:25 pm   Reply with quote         

ummm wiz, I appreciate the pointers but there is no green on the website I posted Very Happy

I really do appreciate all the advice and even though I already got paid for the site, I'm going to re do it using the advice and try to make it better.

yello_piggy

Post Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:04 am   Reply with quote         

you should wait, until the company orders a relaunch!

janetdog

Post Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:34 am   Reply with quote         

I don't think the scales are all that bad but, I'd have the scales a quite a few shades lighter in grey or bronze. The links aren't the end of the world but, I'd loose the line borders,The text seems crammed into little text jails. Definately find a more dignified font.

Maybe a picture of the lawyer or the office for a backround?

Ya know whats wrong with the scales? They are tipped! The scales should be even.

The phone number should probably be in the header.jpg, Under Attorneys at law In the same font size.

Good Luck

Post Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:23 am   Reply with quote         

out of curiosity, how much did you get for this job?

in my opinion the table borders are hideous, overall looks like a 20th century website Smile

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - web site I made - Reply to topic