Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - CALIFORNIA Fires! - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Wiz

Post Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:21 pm   Reply with quote         

jkmansell wrote:
The company that I contract with is in Poway and have been evacuated. They won't let anyone in that area. I heard traffic is horrible with evacuated people Sad

Jeez, and I went looking for Ormond Beach CA! Wink

http://wiz.fileave.com/ORMOND-BEACH.jpg

Rolling Eyes Wiz

jkmansell

Post Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:38 pm   Reply with quote         

Ha..sorry for the confusion. The commute is too far for me Very Happy

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b302/jkmansell/ORMOND-BEACH.jpg

Martrex

Post Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:38 pm   Reply with quote         

jkmansell wrote:
The company that I contract with is in Poway and have been evacuated. They won't let anyone in that area. I heard traffic is horrible with evacuated people Sad

They are slowly letting people back into areas that had not been burned. There are thousands of people at the multiple holding areas. The problems are so large once they get them under control it will take weeks to sort through everything. So who knows if the business is even stand through this. Just have to wait and see!

Marty in San Diego

Wiz

Post Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:09 pm   Reply with quote         

jkmansell wrote:
Ha..sorry for the confusion. The commute is too far for me Very Happy

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b302/jkmansell/ORMOND-BEACH.jpg
B

"LOL!" That's a long walk to carry the old surfboard down to the Surf!" Laughing

Wink Wiz

WhimSea

Post Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:08 pm   Reply with quote         

and there's Orange County, CA and Orange County, FL - that always confused me.

last I heard from my family was they're ok... I don't know if they had to go thru a 2nd evacuation or not. My niece & her husband were staying with my sister in law in Escondido last night, but the area where the duplex is was on the latest mandatory evacuation maps.

It was difficult concentrating on doing work today - kept checking CNN, going into the news room to watch the news and checking back here for any updates.

makes my stomach hurt...

Post Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:27 am   Reply with quote         

How far away are you from Cali, I don't even know what part of the US you're in.. I feel for you though. I went thru a similar worry with my parents back in the 80's living in Florida with the hurricanes ripping thru so it's a worry.
For some reason I have this Idea you're in Kansas god only know why I think that unless you mentioned in on your return trip from visiting your mother.
I pray for your family that they come thru safely and with their home intact.

Hard to work I can imagine for you. Anyways my thoughts are with you.

NOGOODSK8RPUNK

Location: hum let me think, oh i know, if you look real hard i sometimes appear in your forum's text box

Post Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:03 am   Reply with quote         

Martrex wrote:
jkmansell wrote:

They are slowly letting people back into areas that had not been burned. There are thousands of people at the multiple holding areas. The problems are so large once they get them under control it will take weeks to sort through everything. So who knows if the business is even stand through this. Just have to wait and see!

Marty in San Diego
MARTY!!! stay strong brother and hit me up on messenger let me know how things are ok
-matt-

splodge

Post Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:04 pm   Reply with quote         

bump

Hallcross Toots
WhimSea

Post Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:34 am   Reply with quote         

Manic - I'm ok were I am - about 6 hrs drive from San Diego. Kept getting updates from my family... last I heard my niece's house did not burn down, but they were not letting people back into the neighborhood because of all the burned houses, cars and just the air is gotta be full of toxins and smoke... roads are comprised. She said they watched their neighbors house burn to the ground on TV and just felt horrible ... and you gotta think "is some burning ember going to travel to my house?"

no word today... still waiting

Post Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:42 am   Reply with quote         

Thanks Whimsea for the update -gee how I got you living in Kansas from your earlier postings and then find out you're "6 hours from San Diego" is interesting. Not even if you flew like a crow.

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:44 am   Reply with quote         

CouldB....where are you??? Confused

Cambria also lives in So Cal...Cafn8d says she's heard from her and although she's surrounded with fires, her home is alright. YAY, CAM!

Post Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:30 pm   Reply with quote         

They've kicked everyone that was left at the stadium out and up to the Del mar fairgrounds/racetrack. The numbers are starting to come in for houses and lives lost.

The media now with time on their hands is already are pointing out things that should have been done and would have helped. But will they learn for the next time who knows. Right now we are hoping for a little rain to help clean the air and cool hotspots and maybe help to finish the fires.

Even though i wasn't actually in the middle of all this, thanks everyone for your concerns.

Marty Cool

Cambria

Post Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:25 pm   Reply with quote         

Cafn8d sent me the link to this thread & I thought I'd add to it. We're lucky.. our fire was contained quickly, and had no damage to any homes in my town. But, as you can see it got MIGHTLY close! What is normally a small fire gets fanned into HUGE flames that move fast (as well as burning embers) during our Santa Ana winds. The drought we have had for several years hasn't helped matters. My heart goes out to those in Malibu, Santa Clarita, & San Diego areas.

The school I work at choked on the smoke Monday (10/20) so Tuesday our school district kept everyone home. The smoke made our skies look like they needed MAJOR color adjustments!

Fortunately, the Santa Ana's are gone... and we are even blessed with a light rain this morning. This should help those in the Santa Clarita areas as well as San Diego area which has been hit so hard. My son works as a Service Planner for Edison (our electric company) and he was awaiting clearance to reestablish service to Malibu when his home terriortory (Santa Clarita) called him back for those fires. He said it was heartbreaking seeing the people as they returned to their burned out homes.

I have attached links to two pictures I took over my house. The flames were around 3-4 house lengths away... up the hill. The firefighters were awesome!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y204/CambriaChop/Hot-Breezy-Day.jpg
http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y204/CambriaChop/?action=view&current=Firemen-on-the-line.jpg

Micose

Post Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:57 pm   Reply with quote         

yea hi Cambria, impresive fires ye...
nice to hear ur ok...are u back to chop us sthg or wht now? Very Happy
WhimSea

Post Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:07 pm   Reply with quote         

Thanks for the photos... we all look forward to when the firefighters are bored because there's nothing to do.

glad you Californians are ok, was going to say fine, but seeing all the smoke and destruction thinking you're not going to be fine as a community goes until the ruins are rebuilt, and no one is suffering from smoke in the air.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - CALIFORNIA Fires! - Reply to topic