Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Bike Accident - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Luxwiz

Post Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:37 am   Reply with quote         

Last monday Nov. 5th. I was involved in a stupid motorcycle mishap Sad .I had to brake suddenly to avoid hitting some people that crossed the road unexpectedly and I hit the pavement very hard on my left side with the bike coming down on top of me Shocked .It's a good thing I was wearing my helmet or it may have been worse.I'd like to advise anyone here that has a motorbike to ALWAYS wear your helmet when you ride,you just never know.Fortunately I didn't hit the people but I ended up in the hospital (for obsevation) for 5 days with a dislocated shoulder and 7...yes "seven" broken ribs (from the 3rd to the 9th).The pain to say the least was (and still is) excruciating (any of you that have had a rib injury will no dobt understand what I mean) and have only maintained my sanity thanks to tranquilizers,painkillers and the constant attention of my caring wife.I still have trouble breathing and walking ,I can't lie on my back very well and have been sleeping (off and on) on the couch since I've come back home.This is actually the first time I have turned on the PC since then.The doctors have told me that all I can do is rest and let my injuries heal themselves and wait from 4 to 6 weeks before I will be feeling half normal again.I was really getting into chopping and having a lot of fun since I started posting entries again.But I guess it'll be a few weeks before I can post again.I would also like to apologize for not being able to vote on the last few contests I posted entries in before my accident.I always make a point to cast all my 25 votes on the contests that I enter.So sorry if my vote would have helped.I am not able to chop yet but at least I can use the PC and tune in to PSC and will try to vote now and then and check out the forums when I feel up to it.Anyway just to let everyone know what happened and that I missed you all. Luis

annajon

Post Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:47 am   Reply with quote         

Man Luis!!! Take care now, will you!!

I know a little how you feel, because I too owe my life to my helmet, and I ended up with a bad hip since the accident. Get well soon, man and many sympathy votes to your wife, for having you around 24/7. Cool Twisted Evil Hug

Anna

TheShaman

Post Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:48 am   Reply with quote         

Luis! Glad to hear you're OK brother!
...and you're right! You should always wear a helmet. Its not that you don't know what you're doing, its that all the other idiots on the roadway (who don't have family members who own motorcycles) don't care, nor do they watch out for you guys!

Keep your spirits high
Sean

Post Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:50 am   Reply with quote         

Lux so sorry to hear that, you've got my sympathy as a fellow bike rider! Get well soon, and be double-triple careful.. people drive like animals..!

If you're not on a Mac, you're wasting your time..
TofuTheGreat

Post Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:51 am   Reply with quote         

Shocked

Daaaaaaaannnnnnggggggg!

Had bruised ribs when I was young and I still remember how that felt. Can't imagine how much fun 7 broken ribs are. Confused

Get the rest you need and mend! PSC will still be here. Cool

Tawiskaro

Post Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:10 am   Reply with quote         

Ouch! Get well.

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:15 am   Reply with quote         

holy carp, Luis bud, glad to hear your overall ok and on the mend. 7 ribs, jebus that is a fair few.

Get well real soon bud Smile

splodge

Post Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:18 am   Reply with quote         

fellow old biker with many broken ribs in my portfolio, take it easy, get better soon

Hallcross Toots
splodge

Post Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:20 am   Reply with quote         

sorry to hear, good thing I stay on my feet

yello_piggy

Post Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:39 am   Reply with quote         

those dang people crossing the road... Evil or Very Mad hope you heal quick!

Granulated

Post Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:49 am   Reply with quote         

dang !...get well soom dude

Wiz

Post Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:41 am   Reply with quote         

"Next time take the 'Alsina Graells, eh! Consiga a pozo pronto mi amigo!" Smile Wiz

welan

Post Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:47 am   Reply with quote         

Get well soooooooooooooon Very Happy

abraham

Post Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:27 pm   Reply with quote         

Get well soon!

Martrex

Post Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:31 pm   Reply with quote         

Get better and no laughing, do you hear. It will hurt, even if it does help to heal. Laughing Laughing

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Bike Accident - Reply to topic