Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Bike Accident - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

MindGraph

Post Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:41 pm   Reply with quote         

Wow! That is terrible Luis. I am real sorry to hear that. I've had no rib problems but always hear about the pain of it since that part of your body needs to move alot just to breath. I am glad your at least in the postion though that you can let us know what happened to you. That's a good sign. Your typing and thinking.
I wish you a fast "come on back when you can" type wish.
I'll try and drop off some chicken soup for you after work but it may be a while with the ocean thing and all. Actually you might want to get your wife to maybe make you some if you need it in a hurry. Wink
Stay cool my friend Cool

pollyO

Post Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:52 pm   Reply with quote         

Lux, my heart and sympathy go out to you!!
I know your pain. Twenty years ago I was in a bad accident . Shattered my left ankle, broke the right in nine places, broke the left hip and wrist and smashed the steering wheel with my ribs. Three months in the hospital and two in a rehab to learn to walk again. Came out with pins, plates, screws, bone graphs and addicted to pain killers. Hurt like hell for a very long time.
My left ankle was fused last year and totally putting off the hip replacement til it hurts so bad I cant walk on it anymore.
If there is any advise you may need, please feel free to ask.
Hope you get well soon!!! (Glad you were wearing your helmet!!)
Feel Better!!
Paula

dewdew

Post Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:55 pm   Reply with quote         

DUDE don't even worry about them votes. Laying one down is hard.....but they are a few folks that really appreciate it i am sure. Look on the bright side....sponge baths.....on pain killers......dont be re-injuring them ribs now. Wink

get well....by spring you'll be back on the bike. Cool

gsenthil

Post Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:01 pm   Reply with quote         

Get well soon!

splodge

Post Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:49 pm   Reply with quote         

Hallcross Toots
Tesore

Post Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:54 pm   Reply with quote         

Get well very soon!!!

Hug

NOGOODSK8RPUNK

Location: hum let me think, oh i know, if you look real hard i sometimes appear in your forum's text box

Post Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:32 pm   Reply with quote         

Luxwiz wrote:
Last monday Nov. 5th. I was involved in a stupid motorcycle mishap Sad .I had to brake suddenly to avoid hitting some people that crossed the road unexpectedly and I hit the pavement very hard on my left side with the bike coming down on top of me Shocked .It's a good thing I was wearing my helmet or it may have been worse.I'd like to advise anyone here that has a motorbike to ALWAYS wear your helmet when you ride,you just never know.Fortunately I didn't hit the people but I ended up in the hospital (for obsevation) for 5 days with a dislocated shoulder and 7...yes "seven" broken ribs (from the 3rd to the 9th).The pain to say the least was (and still is) excruciating (any of you that have had a rib injury will no dobt understand what I mean) and have only maintained my sanity thanks to tranquilizers,painkillers and the constant attention of my caring wife.I still have trouble breathing and walking ,I can't lie on my back very well and have been sleeping (off and on) on the couch since I've come back home.This is actually the first time I have turned on the PC since then.The doctors have told me that all I can do is rest and let my injuries heal themselves and wait from 4 to 6 weeks before I will be feeling half normal again.I was really getting into chopping and having a lot of fun since I started posting entries again.But I guess it'll be a few weeks before I can post again.I would also like to apologize for not being able to vote on the last few contests I posted entries in before my accident.I always make a point to cast all my 25 votes on the contests that I enter.So sorry if my vote would have helped.I am not able to chop yet but at least I can use the PC and tune in to PSC and will try to vote now and then and check out the forums when I feel up to it.Anyway just to let everyone know what happened and that I missed you all. Luis
holly sh*t luis i hope you recover ok that sux i to ride and yes people allways wear your helmet. man my friend you take care ok
-matt-

mikey

Post Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:38 pm   Reply with quote         

OUCH! ~ Be well soon Lux! we need you around here. Very Happy

Post Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:10 pm   Reply with quote         

What bad luck! Luis... Confused fortunately.. only six ribs Shocked !!! Cuánto lo siento.., ponte bien pronto que echo de menos tus chops.
Get well soon!! Very Happy

Sassy

Post Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:37 pm   Reply with quote         

Take Care Luis,even with all the pain your having it could have been alot worse. Hug

Post Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:14 pm   Reply with quote         

Get well soon my friend. (note to self: Wear helmet..check) Wink

Paul Von Stetina

Post Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:21 pm   Reply with quote         

Shocked Get well soon Lux, this will make you feel better knowing that it wasn't this bad... Confused

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYGGCVE2lKY

Paul Von Stetina

Post Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:22 pm   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:

What do I keep tellin ya Rey... Cool

cafn8d

Post Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:17 pm   Reply with quote         

Sad Hope you feel better quickly! *virtual Hug* (I know a real one would hurt too much anyway!)

hehehehe @ cartoons... Luxwiz will have to tell us if laughter is still the best medicine, though! Wink Laughing

annajon

Post Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:15 am   Reply with quote         

Paul Von Stetina wrote:
ReyRey wrote:

What do I keep tellin ya Rey... Cool

I second that Confused

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Bike Accident - Reply to topic