Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Thanks - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2

holder

Post Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:24 pm   Reply with quote         

Micose, I was thinking that since there are some things that I can do with PSP that I can't seem to do yet on Photoshop, that I might be missing some plugins/filters etc. I do discover more all the time, but get frustrated when I want to do something and can't find what I need. For instance, in PSP you can make the brushes rotate. Maybe I will yet discover that in Photoshop. That is just one example.

OK, Martrex messaged me and now I am finding more and more controls for the brushes. Thanks, Martrex!

MindGraph

Post Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:33 pm   Reply with quote         

well glad your picking things up here but it's ashame that you thought you couldn't participate unless you have photoshop. Lot's of people use different programs for this site. It is not required to use photoshop only. Guess you could have know that a couple of years ago though...hahaha. Anyway you will come to realize that there aren't many limitations to photoshop as you work with it. Awesome program! Have fun Wink

holder

Post Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:44 pm   Reply with quote         

MindGraph wrote:
well glad your picking things up here but it's ashame that you thought you couldn't participate unless you have photoshop. Lot's of people use different programs for this site. It is not required to use photoshop only. Guess you could have know that a couple of years ago though...hahaha. Anyway you will come to realize that there aren't many limitations to photoshop as you work with it. Awesome program! Have fun Wink

Thanks, MindGraph! Have already learned more today. Yippee!

ReinMan

Post Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:00 am   Reply with quote         

Dear Ms. Holder,

I was a CorelDRAW PAINT junky for years - then I was silly enough to go back to college at 40 years young and take a multi-media course. They told me to learn PhotoShop or go home.

I HATED PS for the first few months, I really really wanted to go back to Corel's application (which really DOES have some decent features). But I didnt' want to get kicked out of my 14,000$ course . . . so I stuck with PS.

I'll tell you, it is worth the 7+ year learning curve. It is truly a brilliant program and it will NEVER limit you. So hang in and keep on CHOPPIN, dude(ette). Very Happy

yello_piggy

Post Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:42 am   Reply with quote         

welcome, I like members with yellow avatars! Very Happy

dewdew

Post Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:42 am   Reply with quote         

holder wrote:
MindGraph wrote:

You have already learned something here?.......................RUN.............RUN, WHILE YOU STILL CAN................thats how they got me..............it starts out so innocent. You think everyone is so friendly and helpful..........BUT THEN.........all of the sudden, BAM,.....SPLAT......BOOM.......CRACK ............and you realize......they are all circling you like big buzzards on road kill.........well, by that point its way too late.........So save yourself while you can....................OR CHANGE YOUR NAME.........it just so happens that even buzzards won't eat DEWDEW Shocked Very Happy Cool .........OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH and welcome............................... AGAIN

MindGraph

Post Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:49 am   Reply with quote         

dewdew wrote:
holder wrote:
MindGraph wrote:

You have already learned something here?.......................RUN.............RUN, WHILE YOU STILL CAN................thats how they got me..............it starts out so innocent. You think everyone is so friendly and helpful..........BUT THEN.........all of the sudden, BAM,.....SPLAT......BOOM.......CRACK ............and you realize......they are all circling you like big buzzards on road kill.........well, by that point its way too late.........So save yourself while you can....................OR CHANGE YOUR NAME.........it just so happens that even buzzards won't eat DEWDEW Shocked Very Happy Cool .........OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH and welcome............................... AGAIN

sometimes it scares me that my state borders on yours AND that one of your interests is......"dirt fishing"....hahahaha Laughing

dewdew

Post Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:35 pm   Reply with quote         

MG......you do realize DEWDEW flows down hill......Georgia is south from here Cool .......So dont go outside, the flow may have already begun....

I must take back that statement where i said even buzards won't eat DEWDEW...............thats true.......BUT............ some will peck at it over and over. Mr. Green

MindGraph

Post Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:29 pm   Reply with quote         

first of all....WHERE DID YOU GET A HILL and how much did you pay for it? You are correct that we are down here so please be a little more considerate of that. And we have alot of buzzards here that I noticed my dog stopped chasing and couldn't figure out why....now I know....

holder

Post Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:06 pm   Reply with quote         

dewdew wrote:
holder wrote:
MindGraph wrote:

Ya, dewdew, friendliness sucks me in every time. LOL

Tawiskaro

Post Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:36 pm   Reply with quote         

holder wrote:

I can do better with Paint Shop Pro, but want to learn Photoshop. Where do you recommend that I get filters/plugins?

I use PSP. For $29.00, I love it.

holder

Post Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:29 am   Reply with quote         

Thanks, everyone for all your responses and help given. Photoshop is just getting easier and easier. You are a great group!

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Thanks - Reply to topic