Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Worth1000.com - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:30 pm   Reply with quote         

I used to be an active member. I had an image pulled where I used a couple of Star Wars characters. It was a theme contest, where you had to create an image to a song title. I used Obi Wan and Anakin and put some lacy white dresses on them (Knights in White Satin Laughing ). Was a great picture if I don't say so myself, and I was slightly peeved when they pulled it. Never felt like entering anything there after that.

It is not a fun site to participate in unless you are in the known voting group ... the 'in group'. Bet if I was in the clique my post would have been ok. But there are some serious skills on display there. I still go there about once a week to peruse the latest advanced contests.

I agree with Mr. Couch. The theme based contests, rather than having to use an image only, can be fun. Might be a cool thing to mix into this site perhaps.

Oscar

Post Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:57 pm   Reply with quote         

whats is this Worth1000 thing you speak of?

Post Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:51 am   Reply with quote         

hmm photoshoptalent is another site that has rules up the wazoo. And they still add them ...... if you piss off a mod and it's real easy to do there you can get your isp banned, they seriously take the Fun out of Fotoshop! I don't have anything to do with Worth so I can't speak for them, But we have a link at the bottom of this forum pointing to worth1000 that's interesting.

Oscar

Post Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:00 am   Reply with quote         

Photoshopfaceoff is another one too... I think marco and some others are VIP members there.

NOGOODSK8RPUNK

Location: hum let me think, oh i know, if you look real hard i sometimes appear in your forum's text box

Post Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:30 am   Reply with quote         

P.S.C.N.G.S.P.T.E.L.L.I.D.I.E. word to ma homies Twisted Evil

PSC is like a gang... i got beat in... if i leave... they'll beat me off!!!
Lord David

Location: Melbourne, Australian Continent, Earth, Sector 001, United Federation of Planets, Alpha Quadrant.

Post Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:10 am   Reply with quote         

Oscar wrote:
Photoshopfaceoff is another one too... I think marco and some others are VIP members there.

Photoshopfaceoff was just a rip-off of PSC. Some disgruntled members from here made their own site which is similar. Sure, it's alright to make your own site which is similar (heck the voting system here was inspired from the fark system etc), but they merely took a bunch of code, changed some things and called it their own.

At any rate, the bleakness of the site should be more then enough to put people off. You can't even edit your entry without being a VIP member!

Luxwiz

Post Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:13 am   Reply with quote         

Disequalibrium wrote:
I used to be an active member. I had an image pulled where I used a couple of Star Wars characters. It was a theme contest, where you had to create an image to a song title. I used Obi Wan and Anakin and put some lacy white dresses on them (Knights in White Satin Laughing ). Was a great picture if I don't say so myself, and I was slightly peeved when they pulled it. Never felt like entering anything there after that.

It is not a fun site to participate in unless you are in the known voting group ... the 'in group'. Bet if I was in the clique my post would have been ok. But there are some serious skills on display there. I still go there about once a week to peruse the latest advanced contests.

I agree with Mr. Couch. The theme based contests, rather than having to use an image only, can be fun. Might be a cool thing to mix into this site perhaps.

You can tell you were an active member at W1K.You've got the best winning pct. at PSC Shocked 100% Laughing.Seriously though,this site (PSC) is cool and has more of a fun and laid back format than Worth.However you have to admit the fact that there is some incredible talent there must be for a reason...a more serious,competitive and challenging approach IMO.And they do have some inspiring chops to check out there.However that doesn't take anything away from PSC.There is room for many formats,levels and types of photomanipulation sites on the web (and hopefully will continue that way) and it's a free web world (so far).So each person fortunately is free to choose to their liking and even chop for various sites at once.I don't believe in photoshop-fascism.So freedom for all to choose.No gifs on Worth Evil or Very Mad .My first choice is PSC. Wink

lancoma

Post Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:46 am   Reply with quote         

I have e-book 'worth1000' if anyone wants it Confused

Post Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:01 am   Reply with quote         

Disequalibrium wrote:

Yeah the theme based thing would be interesting totry. Maybe the mods might be able to forego the occasional source pic in lieu of a posted theme? Something to consider???

MindGraph

Post Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:39 am   Reply with quote         

Sleepyeyed wrote:
so with all the negativity surrounding worth1000, whats the upside to actually joing their site?

if you post something there you get one of their cool "Worth1000.com" logo type thingys attached to the corner of your work. That priceless in itself Laughing Laughing

MindGraph

Post Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:07 am   Reply with quote         

there's also this one which I used to enjoy from time to time.
http://www.pixeladdiction.com

dewdew

Post Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:39 am   Reply with quote         

Can't join worth 1000.....something about mine only being worth 250??? Raising Brow

Photoshoptalent..........nope can't join there.........i'm low on talent. Surprised

photoshopfaceoff...........we have done that here......remember when REYREY chopped out his nose,mouth and eyes......man that was fun. Smile

Pixeladdiction............hmmmmmm.......all i get is a forum link..........and we all know......i don't have the time to screw up a whole other forum.......this one takes all the time i have. Crying or Very sad

Shit ya'll got any more..........i'm looking for something more......something with that special zing..........something i can really put my heart into.........something..........something............something......is BURNING????

See what ya'll went and done.....had me thinking early this morning...and just look at my brain.....all burnt to a crispy.......AAAAHHHHH its nice to have a place to come once your BURNTOUT. Mr. Green

P.S...............i know this would be a great time to make a few changes for the new year. So lets all quit saying we wish we had this or that here.......and actually DO IT.

AND DISEQUAL.......you can post that here today.......we even leave the ones that have nothing to do with the contest or source......and don't worry about being kicked out because you piss off the MODS.........hell Spoldge will even fight back with ya....... Twisted Evil .....i love this place Razz

Or we can beat them horses some more.....thats always fun Embarassed

Post Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:04 pm   Reply with quote         

dewdew wrote:

AND DISEQUAL.......you can post that here today.......we even leave the ones that have nothing to do with the contest or source......and don't worry about being kicked out because you piss off the MODS.........hell Spoldge will even fight back with ya....... Twisted Evil .....i love this place Razz

Or we can beat them horses some more.....thats always fun Embarassed

I searched my hard drive and found that old picture I was referring to, but it won't allow me to post it here ... or a link to it. I guess there are rules here too Wink ... damn spammers ruin it for everyone. I think I might have to have entered 5 contests or something like that, before it will allow linking. Let me know if there is a way to get around this issue. I promise not to spam anyone Laughing

dewdew

Post Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:10 pm   Reply with quote         

i think you must have 10 post to display a link.......So get to choppin Cool .....we have a TOFU filter......ain't no spam getting by that......unless it's with eggs.

Post Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:35 pm   Reply with quote         

I'll stick with this site for now since I'm a beginner, and not worth 1000 whatevers. Yar.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Worth1000.com - Reply to topic