Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Mother F#@!%$#@! - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:25 pm   Reply with quote         

What does your computer do when u turn it on? does the power or hd light come on? is there any post sounds? do you get any sort of boot? what do u see on the monitor when u turn it on? can u hear anything running inside box? fan? hd? cd? (Basic q's. was a pc tech for 14+years, functional analyst etc. lets do some online support :p Smile

janetdog

Post Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:13 am   Reply with quote         

dewdew wrote:
DAMN, I been trying to teach her to work a REMOTE for the last 12 to no avail.....

I used to get $10 for each 20 minutes spent explaining remote controls and setting the clocks on VCR's for the elderly and stupid. Try to explain scan disk and defrag to a retard! My favorite part of the job was removing AOL from windows machines and watching the customers smile when the reboot didn't include 20 AOL pop-ups.

Post Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:24 am   Reply with quote         

janetdog wrote:
dewdew wrote:
DAMN, I been trying to teach her to work a REMOTE for the last 12 to no avail.....

I used to get $10 for each 20 minutes spent explaining remote controls and setting the clocks on VCR's for the elderly and stupid. Try to explain scan disk and defrag to a retard! My favorite part of the job was removing AOL from windows machines and watching the customers smile when the reboot didn't include 20 AOL pop-ups.

My personal favorite PC moment was when I had a woman tell me her computer was running really slow. I asked her the basic questions and at the "have you installed any new software recently?" she said she'd installed Norton Internet Security (this was basically version 1 at the time). I told her that was likely the problem. She argued up and down that it couldn't be since she just bought it. Hmmm

I finally got it through her head to let me uninstall it to see how the computer ran without it. Took forever for her to realize that we could reinstall it if that wasn't the problem.

She was amazed at how fast the computer was without Norton hogging all the resources. She was even more amazed at the 6 viri that got by Norton and but were spotted and removed by AVG. Cool

ScionShade

Post Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:32 am   Reply with quote         

My %#$@#&@^%! Momoent--
I've been going around bitching that the Acer I bought my kid with 5.5 gigs of ram...which i was amazed they were up to 5.5 gigs of ram but fell for it cause like--hell..there's 10 mega cameras out there now for under two hundred dollars..anyway

kept telling people as the 5.5 gigs was totally lunkered down with vista hogging most of it up........the box said 5.5 gigs ram doggonit..after all this time, and not paying attention to the machine cause I hate Vista with a passion, I go to ad it onto a router yesterday--and notice something--its one gig...big sticker on the box 5.5 gigs, but it's one gig........
nothing i can do about returning it this six months later...no box anymore--I hate Acer now
BTW-- belkin and netgear wireless routers do not work with vista.
I tried the downloaded patches and installers...dont work.
I am totally tired of dealing with this. I am not putting out two hundred for linksys 'N"... I read that box closely-- it's not really 'n' at all...it's like 'g'plus.

arcaico

Post Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:44 pm   Reply with quote         

Fuking motherfucker!!! You had 364 days to choose to post and you chose todayyyyyy??? BASTARD!!!!!

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

TofuTheGreat

Post Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:19 pm   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:
... BTW-- belkin and netgear wireless routers do not work with vista.
I am totally tired of dealing with this. I am not putting out two hundred for linksys 'N"... I read that box closely-- it's not really 'n' at all...it's like 'g'plus.

Uhhhh.... I have a customer who bought a Vista laptop and a Vista desktop and I networked them together with a netgear wireless router. Didn't have any problem other than they were both originally configured with the same machine name by the idiot at the Geek Squad.

arcaico

Post Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:44 pm   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:
ScionShade wrote:

Uhhhh.... I have a customer who bought a Vista laptop and a Vista desktop and I networked them together with a netgear wireless router. Didn't have any problem other than they were both originally configured with the same machine name by the idiot at the Geek Squad.

Same here... no problem with my mom's laptop...

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

splodge

Post Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:39 pm   Reply with quote         

PSC got hic-ups?

running a Tiny computer at the mo' with very little memory or ram, how do i reduce the 252MB of crap running in the background?

Hallcross Toots
TofuTheGreat

Post Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:19 pm   Reply with quote         

splodge wrote:
PSC got hic-ups?

running a Tiny computer at the mo' with very little memory or ram, how do i reduce the 252MB of crap running in the background?

When in PSC did you happen to have a chat window open?

splodge

Post Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:53 pm   Reply with quote         

no, i think i left this window open, but i see where you're going, auto refesh?
edit:
i had turned PSC off my short cut takes me strait to adChat, so yes that's what's doing it Smile

i later turned everything off, virus scan, firewall, modem, still running 172MB in the background, anti virus is using about 70MB, is that normal?

nother edit:
first PSC on the graph was the forum, then my hallcross site, quite a static site, second PSC on the graph was advantage chat, then i opened photoshop 7 (yes i still us ps7 for quick things)

Hallcross Toots
ReyRey

Post Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:14 pm   Reply with quote         

I brought my Mac to the Apple shop across from where I work and they won't be able to touch it for at least 2 weeks. Evil or Very Mad Oh well. Confused Guess I'll just have to chop at work. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Shocked Cool

janetdog

Post Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:21 pm   Reply with quote         

I got a wierd server error message on screen earlier when I uploaded a gif for the contest. The gif uploaded just fine...Thankfully!

Then...

I keep a processor 'bar' on my desktop to kind of keep an eye for buffer over runs. (security issue #1) I did have one earlier after I disconnected and shut down a pre beta version of a new gnutella client. I just kinda wrote it off as that. I wonder if it wasn't the internets?

Post Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:51 am   Reply with quote         

Hey you numbnuts! I live in retirement hell! The crap they got on the shelves is OLD!!

TofuTheGreat

Post Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:05 pm   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:
ScionShade wrote:

Confused

Oddness is afoot. That customer I mentioned called me last night. Seems her wireless network is no longer working. The laptop can get out onto the internet but can no longer print to the printer or share files with the desktop.

I'm wondering if one of Vista's hotfixes has screwed up the home networking subsystems. Now I get to go over there this afternoon to troubleshoot the problem. Mad

So it might not just be you having problems after all Joe. Laughing

Paul Von Stetina

Post Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:34 pm   Reply with quote         

I know what it's like Rey, I've been without my PC for so long, I've gone back to reading books when I'm home... Crying or Very sad whenever I visit my mom, I get online to see what's up, I'm glad I put CS2 on her PC but it's just not the same as working at home, even worse, my tech took my PC and he won't take my calls or even call me, problem was that I had a lightning strike close to my house, stupid me had unhooked my APC because the battery died, and I paid dearly, so maybe 1 day I'll be back, Crying or Very sad

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Mother F#@!%$#@! - Reply to topic