Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - What's wrong with my Wacom? - Reply to topic

TofuTheGreat

Post Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:26 am   Reply with quote         

I gots no brush dynamics anymore. Even though I set them the brush size/opacity stays the same. Sad

Whadididowrong?

Image is RGB and 8-bit. Tried adding a solid color layer and then painting on it with the brush. It's like the pressure sensors don't wanna work.

But when I go into the Wacom settings the pressure testing bar registers the pressure changes. So it can't be my tablet or stylus right? It's got to be something in CS3 that I screwed up without doing anything. Confused

Post Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:51 am   Reply with quote         

that happens to me every now and then. try exiting PS, removing the tablet from your computer then try either of the following; both work for me, depending. (Sometimes I have to do it a couple times, albeit rarely)

boot up PS again, then plug in the tablet

or

plug in the tablet, then boot up PS

this always fixes the problem for me.

Post Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:12 am   Reply with quote         

Tried that Mason. Sad

TofuTheGreat

Post Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:19 am   Reply with quote         

mason4300 wrote:
(Sometimes I have to do it a couple times, albeit rarely)

That part I overlooked. After yet ANOTHER PS restart

THANK YOU MASON! Mr. Green

Post Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:25 am   Reply with quote         

sweet, glad it worked for you. Very Happy dunno why it doesn't properly load the drivers every time (I'm assuming that is the problem. PS's fault somehow, one way or another...) but I haven't found a real way to fix the issue. Just gotta get used to it. Crying or Very sad

Post Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:08 am   Reply with quote         

To me it happens every other day and this solution ALWAYS works for me - Exit photoshop, run Start -> All Programs -> Pen tablet -> Pen Tablet Properties, and now rerun Photoshop without closing the Pen Tablet Properties. Now the pen pressure works and you can exit the Tablet utility.
(I assumed youre a PC user, but if it happened on Mac, try it anyway)

hzgvbzl v ,.,.gfdh.hdl,msdfh.,spš66s,.r6,žw6šsl
Granulated

Post Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:54 am   Reply with quote         

i've NEVER had this problem.
I wonder if it's because I'm using my old faithful serially ported (RS232) intuos1 ?

TofuTheGreat

Post Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:05 am   Reply with quote         

Granulated wrote:
I wonder if it's because I'm using my old faithful serially ported (RS232) intuos1 ?

Could be. Maybe it's something to do with the USB subsystems and Adobe's subsystems. After all PS sees the subsystems so that it can have direct access to any scanners. Maybe there's a glitch for USB tablets under certain circumstances?

All I know is that I'm glad it's not something I did. Cool

dewdew

Post Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:47 am   Reply with quote         

Granulated wrote:

now that's OLD SCHOOL.....you go gran Smile

ReinMan

Post Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:22 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm using the new WackEm BAMBOO - it works dandy, except that it looses power at start up at times. I think this is due to the iMac not having enough USB power (I've got TWO 5x hubs coming out of it) and I think it depends what USB devices are sucking power at the time. All I do is unplug/replug the USB and all is happy.

Ah, yes Gran. I miss the days when I would hard-solder my peripherals to the motherboard. Back then, I didn't need to shave either. Wink

Post Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:32 pm   Reply with quote         

how do you like that thing, Rein? I've messed around with the demos at my work, and they feel like really cheap, piece of crap toys...the plastic and parts are all cheesy and un-sturdy feeling, especially compared to mine, for example. It surprises me, considering the cost of them. I paid the same amount for my Graphire, and it's way nicer as far as physical quality goes.

Post Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:31 pm   Reply with quote         

I find almost all wacom drivers have big ole memory leaks in xp and vista. As time passes they tend to gobble your ram. They also cause my athlon machine to hang from time to time. I had a bamboo for a few days. It wanted to make my cursor skip and vibrate on odd days. I took it back and stuck with my faithful blistered intuos 2.

ReinMan

Post Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:27 am   Reply with quote         

mason4300 wrote:
how do you like that thing, Rein? I've messed around with the demos at my work, and they feel like really cheap, piece of crap toys...the plastic and parts are all cheesy and un-sturdy feeling, especially compared to mine, for example. It surprises me, considering the cost of them. I paid the same amount for my Graphire, and it's way nicer as far as physical quality goes.

Considering I was using a Chinese Tablet Stylus thingy before, the Bamboo is fine. I'm sure the higher priced models have their benefits, but I just don't use it enough (maybe once a month or so) to warrant the expenditure at this point.

If I was using it every day for my chopping n' bopping I'd definitely get myself a real pen and paintbrush set. Smile

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - What's wrong with my Wacom? - Reply to topic