Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Under rated, Under voted & Over looked Choppers - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:40 pm   Reply with quote         

Thanks to NGSP for the mention =) I haven't been around here for long but I already figured out that if people are going to be all worried about getting votes then they should save some stress and not bother. Oh I'd love to actually win some day but I don't really expect to. It would be shocking!
My observations;

I think having Advantage really helps. You have more time to do the work and you have a higher resolution entry. This can lead to a far superior entry.
Early entries on the first page seems to make a little difference.
Being locally famous is a big factor around here.
Humor, violence and sex sells. It doesn't even have to be that good.
Above all else though, really great work usually gets noticed. Just not always so don't count on it.

I see one thing on every contest. Chopper A has 654 views with 75 votes. Chopper B has 33 views with 14 votes. I ask, why aren't the voters even looking at Chopper B's entry? Are they basing their vote on the thumbnails? Like" I don't like the thumbnail so I'm not going to look at the big picture." This seems the case even for entries submitted at the same time.
I tend to vote on the last day of a contest, I look at every image in BIG and usually cast 5-10 votes. I don't even look at the names or how many votes it already has. This way, hopefully, I don't overlook anything.

I would add that from what I have seen here, usually, the best entry wins. There are some very talented people here and I've learned allot already. I really appreciate pointers and comments that help me improve.

To answer the original question. Anyone who spends over 3 hours and turns in a clean, creative and attractive entry and gets less votes than something really stupid is undervoted and underappreciated. It could be any of us.

Tawiskaro

Post Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:01 pm   Reply with quote         

Phantastique wrote:
I see one thing on every contest. Chopper A has 654 views with 75 votes. Chopper B has 33 views with 14 votes. I ask, why aren't the voters even looking at Chopper B's entry? Are they basing their vote on the thumbnails?

A good chunk of what you're seeing is people at the top looking to see who voted for or commented on their images. I'd love to see views by the image owner discounted. Then the view count would have more meaning.

Post Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:09 pm   Reply with quote         

You don't have a clue..

couldb5150

Post Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:08 am   Reply with quote         

Oscar wrote:
Marco is always under voted... stop with this MADNESS!

WHO THE HELL IS MARCO????...SOUNDS LIKE A SISSY NAME TO ME!!

BWAHAHAHAHAH...couldn't resist mate!!! j/k Smile

Micose

Post Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:15 am   Reply with quote         

please go big... Argh Hmmm Embarassed Smile Very Happy drunken drunken drunken bom pig pig pig pig drunken drunken cheese cheese bigsmurf smurf batman dwarf study Nemo Nemo elephant thumleft reindeer albino profileleft pale :paintbuckettool: :paintbuckettool: :paintbuckettool: :paintbuckettool: :paintbuckettool: :paintbuckettool: :paintbuckettool: :paintbuckettool: :paintbuckettool: :paintbuckettool: :paintbuckettool: :paintbuckettool: :paintbuckettool: :paintbuckettool: :paintbuckettool: :paintbuckettool: :paintbuckettool: :paintbuckettool: :paintbuckettool: :paintbuckettool: :paintbuckettool: :paintbuckettool: :paintbuckettool: :paintbuckettool: :paintbuckettool: :paintbuckettool: :paintbuckettool: :paintbuckettool: :paintbuckettool: :paintbuckettool: :paintbuckettool: :paintbuckettool: :paintbuckettool: :paintbuckettool: :paintbuckettool: :paintbuckettool: :paintbuckettool:
Wiz

Post Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:47 am   Reply with quote         

Let's all Vote for JClark's refund so she'll stop complaining!" Wink

Wiz

bigbuck

Post Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:01 pm   Reply with quote         

bigbuck

Post Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:11 pm   Reply with quote         

couldb5150

Post Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:13 pm   Reply with quote         

Wiz wrote:
Let's all Vote for JClark's refund so she'll stop complaining!" Wink

Wiz

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Martrex

Post Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:14 pm   Reply with quote         

If everyone continues to toss in their 2 cents it should add up pretty quick! Shocked

dumbat

Post Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:20 pm   Reply with quote         

having just had a strange pm exchange with JClark, i consider him/her to be a disease on this site, and not who he/she claims to be (but then i suspected that before) Confused

where can we vote?

dumbat

Post Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:26 pm   Reply with quote         

bigbuck wrote:
http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/127954/shelter.html

...back on topic

this shoulda won (or certainly made 2nd) but was 10 votes away from 1st place. it's even got a rodent in it ffs

mikey

Post Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:06 pm   Reply with quote         

bigbuck wrote:

Very awesome photoshopping! Shocked accolades due!

Post Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:37 pm   Reply with quote         

bigbuck wrote:

That burning couch's chop was supposed to win super easily.
In the last months, that's the best example showing to which point voting looks really not serious.

TutorMe
Site Moderator

Location: Sitting in this room playing Russian roulette, finger on the trigger to my dear Juliet.

Post Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:41 pm   Reply with quote         

bigbuck wrote:

As I remember, there was a glitch on his initial entry page, and some votes were lost. It's shame; that chop is very well done.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Under rated, Under voted & Over looked Choppers - Reply to topic