Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - Photoshop CS3 help!! - Reply to topic

Oscar

Post Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:01 pm   Reply with quote         

I upgraded my cs2 to cs3 and when i try to install it it goes through all the installation and right after is going to finish a window pops up saying that the installation failed and i must restart my computer. I did restart and the went to see if it had installed but it didn't... i tried 2 times already but its the same. I called Adobe customer service and they told me that the customer service wasn't trained for vista/they didn't support vista yet. After i spoke to the manager he told me i should buy the full version, so i asked him if i would get any rebates or discount and he said no. So now i don't know what to do Confused should i call again?

Post Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:16 pm   Reply with quote         

Don't know if this helps...?

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cs3clean.html

Sounds like problems I read if you have CS3 beta intalled first then try to install upgrade? I don't know if thats your case or not?

Got info from here...
http://photoshopnews.com/2007/04/16/adobe-technote-manually-remove-photoshop-cs3-public-beta-windows-vista/

Oscar

Post Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:19 pm   Reply with quote         

Yeah i had cs2 full and i downloaded the beta then purchased the upgrade. I did uninstall the beta first though. Confused

Post Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:03 pm   Reply with quote         

Sry bud..I can't find anything more specific.. Just alot of people are having this problem for some reason..

One last try, anything here seem to help?
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=kb401488

lozerkidzunited

Post Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:03 pm   Reply with quote         

Hmm, I wish I could help. I have Vista and I downloaded CS3 fine.

Best place in the world.
Oscar

Post Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:56 pm   Reply with quote         

I got it working now... all i had to do is delete the beta and the folder where it was installed :c/program files/adobe/photoshopcs3... the reason for this is that the upgrade has different file information and when i install it couldn't overwrite the old folder Laughing

Wiz

Post Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:33 pm   Reply with quote         

finestcall wrote:
I upgraded my cs2 to cs3 and when i try to install it it goes through all the installation and right after is going to finish a window pops up saying that the installation failed and i must restart my computer. I did restart and the went to see if it had installed but it didn't... i tried 2 times already but its the same. I called Adobe customer service and they told me that the customer service wasn't trained for vista/they didn't support vista yet. After i spoke to the manager he told me i should buy the full version, so i asked him if i would get any rebates or discount and he said no. So now i don't know what to do Confused should i call again?

Try this master link site on CS3

Especially the Deke McClelland link, he's the God of PS as far as I'm concerned! Wink

http://www.dphotojournal.com/adobe-photoshop-cs3-review-resource-roundup/

Worth a visit.

splodge

Post Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:49 pm   Reply with quote         

it aint that different, do some PS CS 2 tut's,
http://www.bluetorials.com/free%20stuff/ps_tuts.html

Hallcross Toots
Sleepyeyed

Post Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:05 pm   Reply with quote         

Ok, dead thread, but can't post new topic so...I'll use this deat thread to post my problem here, I'm having a problem with importing my photoshop files into indesign. I can import them, but when I go to print I lose some resolution. When I print directly from photoshop I get the clarity I need, but I lose my crop marks. This is incredibly frustrating. I got it to print from a photoshop pdf in acrobat with my crops so thats solved but does anyone know why Indesign drops my resolution?

dewdew

Post Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:01 pm   Reply with quote         

Not that it's used a lot....but has anyone noticed that Photoshop will no longer have StockPhoto service....i know....stop crying.....i have snot running down my shirt now. Crying or Very sad ooohhhh the inhumanity......the cruel adobe gods from hell have doomed us.

Martrex

Post Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:39 pm   Reply with quote         

dewdew wrote:
Not that it's used a lot....but has anyone noticed that Photoshop will no longer have StockPhoto service....i know....stop crying.....i have snot running down my shirt now. Crying or Very sad ooohhhh the inhumanity......the cruel adobe gods from hell have doomed us.

Here you go some photos of the stock!

Paul Von Stetina

Post Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:54 pm   Reply with quote         

This is weird man, I just converted 5-.pdfs to 5 seperate .jpgs and for some reason, I had to do 1 of them 4 times, it was never in the folder I sent it to, as I was ready to smash this bloody thing, it popped up. Evil or Very Mad

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - Photoshop CS3 help!! - Reply to topic