Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - Looking for tips about graphical tablet - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Paul Von Stetina

Post Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:41 pm   Reply with quote         

Mason, I was goofing around with my tablet when I first got it, and the brushes used on that were nothing other than round, what I thought was cool was how the pressure used could really change the size and intensity of the mark.

Paul Von Stetina

Post Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:42 pm   Reply with quote         

Mason, I was goofing around with my tablet when I first got it, and the brushes used on that were nothing other than round, what I thought was cool was how the pressure used could really change the size and intensity of the mark.

kinetic_be

Post Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:01 pm   Reply with quote         

Thx for searching that Review MindGraph, it sure is usefull to me.

To Sleepyeyed: I have a Wacom Volito.
I'm not sure how much quality this pen offers in compare to other types since I got it as a gift, but so far I'm very pleased about it, just struggling a little bit with getting used to drawing.

The tablet is 13x9.5 cm (not sure how much inch that is) and has a little transparent flap over the tablet where you can place an image underneath in case you want to copy something.

The Pen itself has one long shaped button near the end (the part you hold when drawing) and when clicking it while working with a brush, you get a window where you can adjust the brush-size.

It's pretty cool.

Sleepyeyed

Post Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:55 pm   Reply with quote         

Ok, so on my way home I stopped by the mall just to pick up some screen wipes for my macbook and right in the same section was Wacom tablets. I picked up the Bamboo Fun model and decided to get it. It was only a hundred bucks and I figured it would be a nice starter for me. I've only been playing with it for about an hour and I already love it. A bit awkward at first. The pointer going to the exact spot on the monitor as on the pad is a strange experience. I'm so used to picking my mouse up and the pointer staying in the same place as the last. I'm also having the same problem as Martex of looking at the pen instead of the screen. I'm sure that this will work itself out though. Very Happy

TofuTheGreat

Post Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:22 pm   Reply with quote         

kinetic_be wrote:
Thx for searching that Review MindGraph, it sure is usefull to me.

To Sleepyeyed: I have a Wacom Volito.
I'm not sure how much quality this pen offers in compare to other types since I got it as a gift, but so far I'm very pleased about it, just struggling a little bit with getting used to drawing.

The tablet is 13x9.5 cm (not sure how much inch that is) and has a little transparent flap over the tablet where you can place an image underneath in case you want to copy something.

The Pen itself has one long shaped button near the end (the part you hold when drawing) and when clicking it while working with a brush, you get a window where you can adjust the brush-size.

It's pretty cool.
Sleepyeyed wrote:
Ok, so on my way home I stopped by the mall just to pick up some screen wipes for my macbook and right in the same section was Wacom tablets. I picked up the Bamboo Fun model and decided to get it. It was only a hundred bucks and I figured it would be a nice starter for me. I've only been playing with it for about an hour and I already love it. A bit awkward at first. The pointer going to the exact spot on the monitor as on the pad is a strange experience. I'm so used to picking my mouse up and the pointer staying in the same place as the last. I'm also having the same problem as Martex of looking at the pen instead of the screen. I'm sure that this will work itself out though. Very Happy

Do try the grid/circle/dot exercise. It will really help you get used to the tablet. Basically you make this and you'll get all kinds of practice with the stylus/pen. Especially if you make your grid BIG:

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - Looking for tips about graphical tablet - Reply to topic