Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - non-bashing religious topic - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

creatrix

Post Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:30 pm   Reply with quote         

Wiz wrote:
BroChris wrote:
I meant it when I say NO BASHING. If you do want to have a calm, honest discussion, though, feel free to pm or im me.

What are your top 3 spiritual beliefs? I'm interested to see the religious diversity that we have on this site.

Mine:

1. There is one and only one God.
2. The Bible is God's Word.
3. Jesus Christ is my Savior and Lord.

Mine is summed up in Thomas Jefferson's Words, I quote:-

"I never told my religion, nor scrutinized that of another. I never attempted to make a convert, nor wished to change another's creed. I have judged of others' religion by their lives, and not from our words that our religion must be read. By the same test, must the World judge me!"

End of Quote, so STFUAC!

Wink Very Happy Wiz

Jefferson was pretty cool on such things.

Post Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:41 pm   Reply with quote         

What happened to him? Did you sell his junkyard and move upstate?

Or was that Thomas Foxx?

Damn - the old noodle just don't kiboodle like it used to.

I feel as old as God at times. Wink

creatrix

Post Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:45 pm   Reply with quote         

Jefferson? Oh, y'know. A bad break-up (that Sally Hemmings thing didn't go over too well with the Mrs.), turned to drink, hit the skids. Wound up in congress when things *really* hit rock bottom. Did a few episodes of Dancing With the Patriots and then faded off into relative obscurity.

Post Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:05 pm   Reply with quote         

ReinMan wrote:
Ah.... THERAPY.

Now I've spent SOME time in THAT particular church! Wink

(Yes, indeedy!)

AMEN!!! Shocked ....ohhh sorry... Embarassed....sometimes the spirit moves me Cool

Post Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:16 pm   Reply with quote         

well i have to say as a nurse I have seen death up close. I experienced two very peaceful calm deaths not of this world. I can only say that something not of this world was present, my theory being God and Angels were present.

I have also experienced some painful tearful horrible deaths and families that refused to let go.

some awesome things... one lady was clinically dead and described every detail of her resusitation afterwards and also yes here it comes discussed the "light".

Another case was a man in a coma..... he awakend asked me for a coke and took a couple of sips, described to me and his family the awesomeness of heaven and said... "Don't let anybody ever tell you there is no heaven I have been and it's indescrible in beauty." he also talked with family about seeing deceased relatives.. like Uncle Bob and Aunt Jess. Then he up and died for good. But his family felt supreme comfort on his release.

yes there is something, a supreme deity that takes care of us. I believe it.

Post Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:17 pm   Reply with quote         

manic_d wrote:
yes there is something, a supreme deity that takes care of us. I believe it.

Why do near death experiences of the light and heaven get all the press, yet my recent dream about being on a train, blowing up a bad guy only to have him come back half alive/half robot, throw a grenade at me and my accomplice, forcing us to flee down a twisting and winding path inside the train which ended up turning into a claustrophobic experience where all the walls turned into heavy blankets, why oh why is that not reality, or is it?

Gort

Post Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:32 pm   Reply with quote         

As part of their training, astronauts are put into a centrifuge. They start at a very slow speed and it is increased until the subject blacks out. They have monitors for heart activity, brain waves, etc...and are on camera at all times. They are in no danger. When they finally black out, sometimes they twitch and appear quite bizarre.

A great many of them relay that they have all the classic parts of a "near death" experience. They see a tunnel, bright light, and feel that there are beings or loved ones present. They report an overwhelming, all encompassing sense of peace and love and long to stay where they are. Keep in mind that they are feeling this while in reality they are twitching like a spastic.

They are having a near-death experience yet they are not near death in any respect. Maybe the experience has more to do with how the brain shuts down in certain circumstances than it does with death.

ScionShade

Post Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:22 am   Reply with quote         

Heh, nice correlation. really brought to mind memories of being at the peak of a runners high, and making the mistake of stopping too fast, putting my hands on my knees, and bending forward to take a deep breath. Man,
that euphoric trip into lala land for a few seconds fits that whole story too. The blood rushes to your head, the world goes white, you forget who, or even what you are for a moment,hmmph. Total bliss.

Paul Von Stetina

Post Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:01 am   Reply with quote         

Ah...total bliss...I remember the first time I got a blowjob... Laughing

Canuck <º)))><

Post Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:03 am   Reply with quote         

How could I have missed this thread?

www.proofthatgodexists.org

Let the games begin! Wink

Post Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:38 pm   Reply with quote         

lol

site wrote:
(and more complex ones as well) . For example, with the law of addition we know that if you take 4 things and add them to 3 things, you end up with 7 things.

0 - 4 + 3 = -1

Also The questions it asks are not only subjective but it also refers to premises as laws.

Laws can be broken... Which is what makes that a non sence.

Post Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:25 pm   Reply with quote         

Canuck <º)))>< wrote:

Shit! Not that boring stuff again! Rolling Eyes

creatrix

Post Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:49 pm   Reply with quote         

Canuck <º)))>< wrote:

Just because child molestation doesn't have moral justifications does not mean that moral absolutism is a fact. From there. the argument goes to hell. Pun intended.

Not that I don't believe in God - I do. But it can't be proven. Deal with it.

Site Moderator

Post Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:16 pm   Reply with quote         

Canuck <º)))>< wrote:

HOLY COW...
oops wrong religion Wink

ScionShade

Post Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:40 pm   Reply with quote         

"NON_BASHING" thread. If you disagree then postulate an alternative. Also ganging up is not very pleasant.
I take what Canuck says for the straight forward way he intended it, read it as such, and find no fault. It's kind of the whole point of what he did there, you actually had to "cheat'" the gambit to even see that which you are refuting. Not the spirit of his words, nor his intent.
I'll be kind and give you something that is accepted science to dwell on if you wish.
We have an approximately ten thousand year old magnetic field, since it's last flip in polarity, (polarity flipping is still hypothetical-there is no corroborating evidence--it sounds really good though and is accepted on that merit, but necessary if there is an old earth, young Earth believers think 'of course it's about 10,000 years old') protecting our planet as shown by it's decay rate. We also have a magnetic field that science absolutely "needs" to be 700,0000 years old since it's last polarity flip in order to fit the fossil record.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - non-bashing religious topic - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.