Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Is this horrible? - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:38 pm   Reply with quote         

I don't feel really like I can be the one to critique someone. If I like something I vote and I voted because it was cute had a humourous feel to it. Maybe some of the voters felt bad that she was attacked and wanted to give her a boost? Or maybe they liked the humor?

If you look at the top entries they are all very good. Yours in in the top 6 and has a great mood to it and I think people voted because they like it. Maybe some evil vote trolling goes down here but I always think the top entries are deserving of the votes they receive.

I like honest criticism and maybe that is what needs changing. I usually though don't vote if I don't like something or it doesn't hit me right. I don't see leaving a comment on an entry... this is not done well can't be that helpful.
I can't maybe tell what's wrong with it to improve it, perhaps the colors off or the perspective but telling someone how to fix it is not in my scope. But I do know I am here to have fun and my fun comes with just doing the chop and having fun on the forum. It's not about placing in votes.

I am not saying that that is your agenda and if you're unhappy I don't know what to do to make it better for you. I do wish you'd hang out here. Your a very good photoshopper. And we need more chopchick's here! Very Happy

Anfa hasn't exactly rolled out the welcome mat for me.

bfreemanLB3

Post Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:44 pm   Reply with quote         

Exclamation Okay. Im the one who put the "horrible" comment on his work. I wasn't saying it was a horrible picture. It was a skeleton on an ancient toilet! I was LMAO! But the subject matter made me say " oh that's horrible" like you would say to a friend who just told a dirty joke. I am not disrespecting his work and it kind of hurts to see all these people disrespecting ME and MY work because of a misunderstanding. Exclamation

Post Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:46 pm   Reply with quote         

Well...that explains everything.

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:53 pm   Reply with quote         

It's kinda funny how many people jump to conclusions around here over the past year, and how quickly our mods delete threads, comments and other nonsense. I thought we were grown-ups.

Have you ever read some of the comments from 3+ years ago? Holy moley! But they were sincere and probably helped some ppl step their game up.

I voted for Bfreeman's post last night. Everyone want to jump to the conclusion that I'm an inconsiderate biotch for that?

C'mon...stop being such whining babies.

cherylm329

Post Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:22 pm   Reply with quote         

manic_d wrote:
I don't feel really like I can be the one to critique someone. If I like something I vote and I voted because it was cute had a humourous feel to it. Maybe some of the voters felt bad that she was attacked and wanted to give her a boost? Or maybe they liked the humor?

If you look at the top entries they are all very good. Yours in in the top 6 and has a great mood to it and I think people voted because they like it. Maybe some evil vote trolling goes down here but I always think the top entries are deserving of the votes they receive.

I like honest criticism and maybe that is what needs changing. I usually though don't vote if I don't like something or it doesn't hit me right. I don't see leaving a comment on an entry... this is not done well can't be that helpful.
I can't maybe tell what's wrong with it to improve it, perhaps the colors off or the perspective but telling someone how to fix it is not in my scope. But I do know I am here to have fun and my fun comes with just doing the chop and having fun on the forum. It's not about placing in votes.

I am not saying that that is your agenda and if you're unhappy I don't know what to do to make it better for you. I do wish you'd hang out here. Your a very good photoshopper. And we need more chopchick's here! Very Happy

I know what ya mean manic, I agree. Sometimes I even hesitate because I don't want to hurt feelings or someone to take them the wrong way. But with all the people on this site not one volunteered advice when so many of them like too. Just don't make sense really. Thanks for the kind words and it's not your responsibility to make me happy or anyone else from this site to do so either, I will find my own happiness where I deem it appropriate. Thanks Smile

cherylm329

Post Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:24 pm   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:
It's kinda funny how many people jump to conclusions around here over the past year, and how quickly our mods delete threads, comments and other nonsense. I thought we were grown-ups.

Have you ever read some of the comments from 3+ years ago? Holy moley! But they were sincere and probably helped some ppl step their game up.

I voted for Bfreeman's post last night. Everyone want to jump to the conclusion that I'm an inconsiderate biotch for that?

C'mon...stop being such whining babies.

Cool

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:45 pm   Reply with quote         

cherylm329 wrote:

Cool

what do you mean by that, Cheryl???
Confused Crying or Very sad Laughing Wink

cherylm329

Post Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:00 pm   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:
cherylm329 wrote:

Cool

what do you mean by that, Cheryl???
Confused Crying or Very sad Laughing Wink

Just agreed with what you said Very Happy Even though I am being a whining baby right now Shocked Confused

Post Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:12 pm   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:

Agreed.

The mods are now deleting negative comments??

wow

birdtoes

Post Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:40 pm   Reply with quote         

Hi!
Well, I HOPE nobody voted for it because they felt bad that I was attacked because I didn't bring this whole subject up to get votes - I just wanted to learn more about Photoshopping, and to find out what was wrong with my entry so I could learn something. That's all...
I LOVE honest criticism. How else can one learn? So that's what I wanted.
I wasn't going to leave here. I love it here, and I love chopping. Wow, I'd never heard the term "chopchick" before - it's wonderful! I think I'll get a tee-shirt made with "chopchick" on it.
Judy Ariel

manic_d wrote:

birdtoes

Post Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:44 pm   Reply with quote         

Hi-
I haven't been involved with PSC long enough to know that it wasn't cool to post one's chop in a forum while the contest is still open. Oh, my, I am SO SORRY if I did a wrong thing. Let me reiterate that I did NOT do it for votes or comments - just to learn -
I made an error.
I apologize to all.
And no, I don't hate you...no way...I've just learned something new about the forums and PSC...
Oh, am I embarrassed... Embarassed
once again - I apologize to all...
Embarrassedly,
Judy Ariel

cherylm329 wrote:
So much for not posting your chop in a forum while a contest is still open. No wonder there is so many people against the voting system here.

Sorry, Birdtoes and anyone else that thinks I am complaining. I don't want to step on anyone's toes or anything. I just don't think this is right. Please don't hate me. Smile

birdtoes

Post Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:48 pm   Reply with quote         

Cheryl -
please don't leave -
I'm sorry I posted this subject in this forum - I really didn't know it wasn't cool until I read your post...
And as for no one offering any kind of critique - I have received private messages with detailed critiques on my entry, explaining clearly what is wrong with it and how I could have made it better. So this has become a huge learning experience for me.
If you would like to pm me, please do.
Judy Ariel

Manic, believe me it's not you in the least Smile I have been planning to leave for a little while now, it's not just the voting, it's lots of things. I am not the only one that has had problems with the voting and favoritism here, among other things. This topic has come up again and again and I won't change a thing by staying here, no one in the past has changed a thing and I won't be any different. I think what set me off the most is that everyone voted for birdtoes image, but not one offered any type of critique, that to me just didn't seem right. How is voting for her, but not helping her any good for her to achieve better PS skills. I don't know, maybe it's just me. But, it's what I believe. Sorry.[/quote]

cherylm329

Post Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:49 pm   Reply with quote         

Judy, I was in no way implying your were trying to get votes or knew better of this type of thing Smile I was just wondering why, as Anfa stated, "The Vote Whore Police" didn't come running like they usually do for so many others.

We are all guilty of doing this kind of thing it's not a problem, I understand. Very Happy

birdtoes wrote:
Hi-
I haven't been involved with PSC long enough to know that it wasn't cool to post one's chop in a forum while the contest is still open. Oh, my, I am SO SORRY if I did a wrong thing. Let me reiterate that I did NOT do it for votes or comments - just to learn -
I made an error.
I apologize to all.
And no, I don't hate you...no way...I've just learned something new about the forums and PSC...
Oh, am I embarrassed... Embarassed
once again - I apologize to all...
Embarrassedly,
Judy Ariel

cherylm329 wrote:
So much for not posting your chop in a forum while a contest is still open. No wonder there is so many people against the voting system here.

Sorry, Birdtoes and anyone else that thinks I am complaining. I don't want to step on anyone's toes or anything. I just don't think this is right. Please don't hate me. Smile

birdtoes

Post Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:50 pm   Reply with quote         

ARGH! I didn't intend to be a Vote Whore! REALLY! REALLY!
I will NEVER NEVER NEVER start this kind of thread again!
I'm sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Judy Ariel

anfa wrote:
manic_d wrote:
If we are ugly to our new users they won't want to be here or participate and the site will not have an infusion of fresh ideas.

Laughing Laughing Laughing I almost fell off my seat!!!! Aaaaah, priceless!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

I agree with Cheryl 100%! The Vote Whore Police should have been on to this one.
Stick in Cheryl and don't let the bastards grind you down!!! Wink

birdtoes

Post Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:52 pm   Reply with quote         

Bfreeman,
I appreciate your explanation. It took courage for you to post in this forum. It's good to express one's HONEST OPINION on an entry but sometimes we have to make ourselves as clear as possible. That's all!
Judy Ariel

bfreemanLB3 wrote:
Exclamation Okay. Im the one who put the "horrible" comment on his work. I wasn't saying it was a horrible picture. It was a skeleton on an ancient toilet! I was LMAO! But the subject matter made me say " oh that's horrible" like you would say to a friend who just told a dirty joke. I am not disrespecting his work and it kind of hurts to see all these people disrespecting ME and MY work because of a misunderstanding. Exclamation

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Is this horrible? - Reply to topic