Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - THERE IS SO MUCH FAVORITISM IN THIS JOINT!!! - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Designed2522

Post Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:47 am   Reply with quote         

I am so sick of seeing BULL SHIT ENTRIES placing in contests just becasue of who made them!!! Rolling Eyes wtf-ever!!!

supak0ma

Post Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:49 am   Reply with quote         

Designed2522 wrote:
I am so sick of seeing BULL SHIT ENTRIES placing in contests just becasue of who made them!!! Rolling Eyes wtf-ever!!!

ahahah! get in line!

Oscar

Post Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:56 am   Reply with quote         

penis.

Designed2522

Post Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:57 am   Reply with quote         

supak0ma wrote:
Designed2522 wrote:

ahahah! get in line!

it's like give me a break... I see some many people lose out on there great entries because the same people vote for the same artists!!! Theres to much talent on this website to allow this to continue!!!!

MORE ANONYMOUS CONTESTS!!!!

ReinMan

Post Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:13 am   Reply with quote         

Designed2522 wrote:

AMEN!!! (seriously)

Post Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:36 am   Reply with quote         

Designed2522 wrote:

I think you mean "more honest judging."

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:40 am   Reply with quote         

tadams wrote:
Designed2522 wrote:

I think you mean "more honest judging."

Ahhhhmen

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:43 am   Reply with quote         

Designed2522 wrote:
I resent this statement. My entries are not even close to bull-shit (well, hmm, usually)
Designed2522 wrote:
Theres to much talent on this website to allow this to continue!!!!
Talent is not required. All the talent may have flocked to PhotoshopTalent.com. Quality is not required either - it's in the written rules:

There are many different ability levels here. They are ALL welcome.

anabrin

Post Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:53 am   Reply with quote         

I think that 25 votes are many votes, it makes me sad not to spend all of them .. I always spend all .. and sometimes I vote for entries for that i would not vote of having, for example, 10 or 3 or: THE ONLY ONE for which the best creates! ... but I believe that this should be frustrating for many of us.
As for the anonymous contests, I believe that we already know each other enough good for the style, at least the veterans. And neither they would be completely anonymous.

Like Tadams said= "I think you mean "more honest judging."
Wink

TheShaman

Post Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:55 am   Reply with quote         

Rolling Eyes
GEESH!
this topic again?!?

Look, even if they were all anon contests (which I'm all in favor of, but as some have said... you can tell still who is who, Micose's style comes to mind), and those who cheat would still be PM'ing each other for votes in said contests

FACT: we all get 25 votes... use them how YOU see fit.

When the real world ends because of the voting bias here, call me.

IF you figure out a way to stop the cheating for more honest voting... call me.

I personally am taking a long break from PSC. (for those who haven't noticed my recent absence) Its because I'm not learning much of anything right now, other than watching all you piss, bitch, moan and tear each other apart about whats been going on here FOREVER...

Quite frankly, this place has gone from being lots of fun, to being anything but fun the past few months. I've got better things to do, in my few precious hours of free time, than to listen to a bunch of whiners complain about stuff that really doesn't matter what-so-ever in the real world. I came here to learn and hone my craft. PSC had done that for me. But I'm not interested anymore in the day to day goings on here when all I hear is negativity. Its no wonder a lot of the really good artists have left this place.

I'm striving to be a tigger, and not let the eeyores of the world drag me down! Not talking about you Designed2522... (I've always been a fan of your art) ...just this place in general, its not like it used to be and it saddens me.

TheShaman

Post Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:05 am   Reply with quote         

you want honest judging?
Lets talk about honest judging then, and how you could go about achieving that goal...

only way I see you're going to get close to 'honest judging', is if you make the judges the people who aren't entered into the current contests.

Kinda like a moderator or an independent judge status.

you can only vote, if you're not entered.

The way I see it... when you've got your own entry in a contest, that automatically makes you biased in that contest... Look, not everyone is going to be so kind as to vote for those entries who are right next to them in placement if you really only care about your own place in line. Me? I don't care, I'll always vote for what I like, even if that means I give up placing in a contest. (doesn't mean I don't go hey why is that one doing better than mine though) Its the bias in me. Human nature.

Final Summation...
Honest Judging can only be achieved if we have independent judges.

Discuss.

Site Moderator

Post Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:21 am   Reply with quote         

There can be one judge only. Judge Dredd Vader, that is.

by the talented Chris Judge

Heinlein

Post Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:22 am   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
Rolling Eyes
GEESH!
this topic again?!?

Quite frankly, this place has gone from being lots of fun, to being anything but fun the past few months. I've got better things to do, in my few precious hours of free time, than to listen to a bunch of whiners complain about stuff that really doesn't matter what-so-ever in the real world. I came here to learn and hone my craft. PSC had done that for me. But I'm not interested anymore in the day to day goings on here when all I hear is negativity. Its no wonder a lot of the really good artists have left this place.

I try to keep my opinions to myself when this topic is brought up, but I totally agree with you Sean.
PSC has done so much for me in my career, but honestly I wish it was like it was back in the old days.

Maybe a reunion contest might make things better Smile

Heinlein

Post Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:24 am   Reply with quote         

<i><b>çà)ç)à-çà)ç)!)nàr)!nrt)n!àr)à!)enàr

!çnà!nçn!çàn!çn!çn!çç!n !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

àçà,)çà)àç),,çà),àççà,,çà),çàà,çà,ç)

LOLOOLOLOLOLOLpùo^;;^;ç^ç;-);-ç)-;ç)-;ç)-;ç-ç;)-ç;);-ç);-ç)-;ç);-ç)

Post Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:34 am   Reply with quote         

I got to throw this in... about photoshoptalent being a place talent flocks to? Okay how fair is it when a mod enters a contest and then has the same ability to pull other non-mod's entrys out of the lineup on a technicality?

That makes your blood boil. But you realize it is just photoshop. Not real life.
You would have to have a selected TRUSTED panel of judges all the time not the general audience that decides the vote cause you could have an alias or the alias's mother or brother voting. Plus it would weed out the 12 year olds that want to have fun at your expense and vote in a crap piece. wow I might win . lol

HOW ABOUT ANON VOTING???????????????????

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - THERE IS SO MUCH FAVORITISM IN THIS JOINT!!! - Reply to topic