Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Soapbox time - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

blue_lurker

Post Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:43 pm   Reply with quote         

Never thought I would be writing one of these Crying or Very sad

I’ve been here a long time as a lurker I found fark fun and then this place popped up and I use to lurker here as well, only really started chopping 5 years ago no training, just did it. I learnt more in my first year here than any teacher or book could show me, I listen to those that had the knowledge checked out there tuts and there web sites. 5 years down the track Im working for myself creating art work and doing logos and restoring pictures doing shit I never dreamed I was able to do. All because of PSC, and the people that took the time out to teach and make it fun to learn. I say Thank You to you all.

(On a side note here) I’m a qualified electrical technical robotics engineer with a degree in electronics, would make more money doing that but after 28 years I needed something else. Yet I digress.

Look if your new here and full of great ideas and changes and all that shit mixed together, that’s great, like so many other youngins, now I say youngins not as an insult but because to me ya all youngins, at least give it some respect. This place has produced some top rate choppers that you guys have never seen. People like occecid, metalic, arcaico, kencd7, jasper, ledirlo, Hellekro, dewking and deshone just to name a few. It would be worth your wild to check out there profiles. Ya see they won their contest when the votes were small no advantage and the source was what you got, none of this voting for it like now and 1 month to do your chop. Its all a lot easier now days to make the 1000 votes club or the 5000 votes club, even I benefited from the extra votes.

Then there was the people with heart that came here to have fun and along the way make some friends, Splodge the keeper of the knowledge, Chopper with his quizzes, Reindude with his style of fun, leifs quick drawing contests, Patre and his wonderful comments even Scionshade with his say it how it is, and so many others with there own style of fun. So many people tried to make things fun here instead of demanding some one do it for them. Icon contests, pirate day, family chopograph, pimping out a chopper all these fun things just happened because people wanted to make it happen. Nothing more nothing less it just got done.

Check out our tuts section, all free and from users here that just did it no payment or shit they just got up and wrote em. We have moderators that work behind the scenes day in and day out doing what they do and asking for nothing in return.

Don’t get me wrong there was still bitching and whining but it was a little more positive and joking in its method and yes even a little derogative at times but people took it for what it was. Not like now with all this “place sucks” and “I don’t get votes” and “its elitist” and of course the new favourite of late “I’m bored with just chopping” I don’t understand it and I don’t think I want to. (Guess most will think this is a bitch post as well)

It lost its heart, and well I now believe it will never get it back, to many changes to much competition to much me not enough us. I know some will say I don’t like change and in some ways that true I’m an old fart and like things to stay stable. I love PSC but I don’t like what it is becoming and where it is heading, the fun has left and been replaced with something different that I don’t understand. Its a me thing I know but well I am who I am wont change that.

New things like trolls and flaming and flamewars and shit like that, it may be cool but what does it prove, to me its like the old school yard and who's gang is bigger, I’m to old to learn about and don’t want to.

Maybe I’m being over sensitive, but I just don’t understand where its going, so I’m taking off my fellow choppers and chopperettes. I don’t enter contests any more and I don’t vote as much as I use to. Other than the great friends I have made here and the chat room, there is nothing to keep me here every day. I need to step back and find some thing other than PSC for an outlet. I will be back but just not as active any more.(This is not a chopper Im going thread Scion ok Very Happy )

So to all my good friends and those that think of me as their friend I say get me on msn or email me. I will still pop in to chat from time to time.

blue_lurker@hotmail.com

Adieu
Very Happy

Oscar

Post Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:54 pm   Reply with quote         

Crying or Very sad

I hope whatever you find brings you joy like PSC did. Stop by and say hi when you can.

NOGOODSK8RPUNK

Location: hum let me think, oh i know, if you look real hard i sometimes appear in your forum's text box

Post Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:00 pm   Reply with quote         

did you just do the "it's not you, it's me" break up thing w/ psc? well andrew it was nice knowing ya here, you take care of your self do what ya gotta do. you got my msn so hit me up anytime ya want dude Wink and try not to be much of a stranger ok Very Happy
-m-

dewking

Post Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:15 pm   Reply with quote         

HE MENTIONED ME!!

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I just got to that point and skimmed over the rest, what happened? Wink

You can find me in the testing area.

zebob 06/09 @ 11:14 am
im more of an alethic computer geek that doesnt play sports but is still strong.
ScionShade

Post Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:32 pm   Reply with quote         

HAHAH!AHAH! Nice disclaimer. Chopper hasn't quit in months!!!!
You have access to the testing area?

Tawiskaro

Post Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:35 pm   Reply with quote         

The magic is gone. Who will fill the lamp?

Crying or Very sad

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:39 pm   Reply with quote         

mmm...man boobs...mmm

sent ya a pm, Blurker. Sad

Post Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:01 am   Reply with quote         

dewking wrote:
HE MENTIONED ME!!

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Hehe.. and jasper & deshone are so good they got mentioned TWICE!

Blurker, I hope you find what you're looking for. I totally understand the need to step back from PSC for a while. There was a time when I was entering contests almost every day (nowhere near Marco's pace, but quite a bit for me) and it was a blast! I learned alot and would never trade it. But somewhere along the way, real life got in the way and my chopping time went out the window!

But PSC still lives on without me as it will without you. You know beyond all the whining and suggesting this place change to this or that, if you new folks will take the time and learn from the good folks here you will be forever better for it. Quit worrying so much about who gets a vote and who doesn't and really try to improve your skills and guess what, you will!

See ya 'round Blurker! Take care, buddy.

Az Cool

the202
Site Moderator

Post Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:13 am   Reply with quote         

Hahahahaha @ "testing area".

Seriously though, I sort of skimmed over most of what you wrote. Are you eh...quitting - so to speak - Blue Lurker?

dumbat

Post Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:44 am   Reply with quote         

would someone just post a midget source for once?? Surprised

yello_piggy

Post Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:44 am   Reply with quote         

take care, big man. was a pleasure. thanks for all your votes Wink

Wiz

Post Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:06 am   Reply with quote         

Jeez Mate, The few keep getting fewer (Borrowed that from Hoges in 'ANZACS, BL) I'll miss you on the 'Board' you old bugger.

Must admit I agree with all that you said on the 'Soapbox' and feel somewhat the same way as you. Maybe I'll join you for a couple of 'Cold Ones' in Choppers Heaven when we get there! Wink

But for the moment I'll just soldier on and keep 'chopping' those bastards down for you from my MAC trench on Bribie Ridge! Laughing

Take care Mate

Wiz Smile

cafn8d

Post Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:30 am   Reply with quote         

Crying or Very sad

I know you put in the disclaimer of "to name just a few," but in that list of great PSCers who have given so much of themselves to this site in sharing knowledge with others, encouraging others to teach others, inventing and setting up games and contests for the fun of it, encouraging everyone to share of themselves and listen to each other, and countless other good deeds that just come naturally to such people, there is a glaring omission: Blue Lurker. Yeah, yeah, modesty forbade and you weren't posting to boast, but anyone else writing a similar soapbox speech would have had your name near the top of the list of people who helped make PSC great over the years. You have always been such an integral part of what made PSC such addictive fun when I first came here.

Thank you, Blue, for everything you've done or influenced here. And "thank you" seems so small compared to how I feel. I am so grateful we are also friends beyond PSC or I wouldn't be able to stand this at all.

And, I know how you feel. Alas, I, too, agree. "[PSC] lost its heart, and well I now believe it will never get it back, to many changes to much competition to much me not enough us." Crying or Very sad

Hug,
caf.

Lord David

Location: Melbourne, Australian Continent, Earth, Sector 001, United Federation of Planets, Alpha Quadrant.

Post Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:32 am   Reply with quote         

Hey! I was not mentioned once in this long speech! Where's my recognition? Wink

Ok, seriously, it is a shame, but life goes on, one doesn't really expect to be lurking around here forever... but I suppose it's nice that your still gonna visit every now and then, just a shame that there'd be not much chopping...

annajon

Post Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:50 am   Reply with quote         

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Soapbox time - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.