Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - April 14 anonymous without a prize? - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:21 pm   Reply with quote         

yeah good call, should do one a week me thinks if this works Smile

Oscar

Post Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:35 pm   Reply with quote         

This could be good... but am a pessimist.

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:16 pm   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:
...Not just a different colored star though. Maybe a small "?" mark?
I second that. A small question mark seems to be adequate.

mellowdesign

Post Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:00 pm   Reply with quote         

But...what if the prize is a question mark - even more confusions....

Shocked Basketball Very Happy

splodge

Post Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:08 pm   Reply with quote         

i asked in the mod forum for anonymous weekend every weekend, but the mods are as divided as you lot, what do you think, on the rare occasion i ask you to think

Hallcross Toots
Synthvet

Post Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:18 pm   Reply with quote         

hmmm.....anonymous weekend?.......coming right after casual friday??

Idea

just might work!!...... Very Happy Very Happy

Laughing Laughing Laughing

ScionShade

Post Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:21 pm   Reply with quote         

No matter what you decide for the whens and wheres...
you got my big thumbs up for anons on a regular basis..
one day a week does the trick.. I think that's fantastic.
I always thought we needed a little of both ways...
Very nice going Proc.
I hope ya do it, and I hope ya do it just a little, and I hope ya never stop doing it.

splodge

Post Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:42 pm   Reply with quote         

Synthvet wrote:
hmmm.....anonymous weekend?.......coming right after casual friday??

Idea

just might work!!...... Very Happy Very Happy

Laughing Laughing Laughing

casual friday?
nakid friday, didn't you get the PM?

Hallcross Toots
TofuTheGreat

Post Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:12 pm   Reply with quote         

splodge wrote:
i asked in the mod forum for anonymous weekend every weekend, but the mods are as divided as you lot, what do you think, on the rare occasion i ask you to think

I think we bandied this about in a past thread? If memory serves one thought trail was to have it be anonymous Mondays and Fridays. That way the weekend-only voters had a comp and the weekday voters had a comp.

If I bother to find the thread I'll link back to it. Cool

arcaico

Post Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:21 pm   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:
I always thought we needed a little of both ways...

That sounds rather gay Mr. Shade...

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

splodge

Post Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:22 pm   Reply with quote         

go away tofo, did you get the nakid friday pm?

Hallcross Toots
TofuTheGreat

Post Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:29 pm   Reply with quote         

splodge wrote:
go away tofo, did you get the nakid friday pm?
Friday?!?! Shocked

You mean I'm stuck to my pleather chair early?

NOGOODSK8RPUNK

Location: hum let me think, oh i know, if you look real hard i sometimes appear in your forum's text box

Post Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:13 pm   Reply with quote         

ok my thoughts on this are conflicted. i tend to usually make my chops one day in advance for me not knowing that it was gonna be anonymous today w/ out a prize i wouldn't have entered.

my reasons for this is i like psc for the fact i can get to see what my favorite choppers have done also i like to read the comments that have been left on peoples art. its what makes psc fun for me and seperates this from them other sites. i also like to watch and root for my favorite chops and see how they are racing against the others.

when its taken away whats the point of even leaving nice comments when no one can see them. also whats the point of having advantage when the new guys can't see the source for an anonymous comp until the day its released.

on anonymous comps i have to sit there and wait tell everyone mainly the new guys can get their entries in. so as a result i don't log in as much until the 3rd day to place my votes.

so i might have a solution. for those that like psc the way it is it could run the same but have an addition added to the site w/ its own seperate section for "ANONYMOUS COMP"and have the 2 running comps side by side. rules still all the same like the 3 day running periods 25 votes etc. and when the comps done you would have the display of the image(s) of the day the, winners from the 2 comps. otherwise i think psc would just fall into a mindless drone and loose its personality and become like those other sites. this may help people in thier conflects of anonymous & nonanoymouys comps. i fell it would give them the option of choice and that all members would be happy.
-m-

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:34 pm   Reply with quote         

NOGOODSK8RPUNK wrote:
ok my thoughts on this are conflicted. i tend to usually make my chops one day in advance for me not knowing that it was gonna be anonymous today w/ out a prize i wouldn't have entered.
Hence the need for a graphic symbol/icon (question mark) to distinguish a regular contest from an anonymous contest. This will appear on the Advantage calendar and on the front page. See a few posts above.
Quote:
my reasons for this is i like psc for the fact i can get to see what my favorite choppers have done also i like to read the comments that have been left on peoples art. its what makes psc fun for me and seperates this from them other sites. i also like to watch and root for my favorite chops and see how they are racing against the others.
Which you can still do in the remaining 5-6 regular contests every week
Quote:
when its taken away whats the point of even leaving nice comments when no one can see them.
Different types of contests will pose different challenges.
Quote:
also whats the point of having advantage when the new guys can't see the source for an anonymous comp until the day its released.
There is something wrong with this sentence. The point of having advantage is to see the source in advance. The new guys can't see the source for any (regular and anon/prize) contest until it opens.
Quote:
on anonymous comps i have to sit there and wait tell everyone mainly the new guys can get their entries in. so as a result i don't log in as much until the 3rd day to place my votes.
Good for you. This seems to be the right approach for anonymous/prize contests.
Quote:
so i might have a solution. for those that like psc the way it is it could run the same but have an addition added to the site w/ its own seperate section for "ANONYMOUS COMP"and have the 2 running comps side by side. rules still all the same like the 3 day running periods 25 votes etc. and when the comps done you would have the display of the image(s) of the day the, winners from the 2 comps. otherwise i think psc would just fall into a mindless drone and loose its personality and become like those other sites. this may help people in thier conflects of anonymous & nonanoymouys comps. i fell it would give them the option of choice and that all members would be happy.
-m-
IMHO this seems a lot more convoluted approach than a straightforward change of 1-2 contest a week to the already established anonymous rules.

rockyjob

Post Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:46 pm   Reply with quote         

I agree completely with anominous contests. I love to guess whose chop is who and they are more fair, not as much frendly voting and more competiton. 1-2 a week is a great idea and it would sure cheer us up more. Thanks proc and splodge

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - April 14 anonymous without a prize? - Reply to topic