Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Welcome Center - Just want to say "Hello" - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

iamkaren

Post Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:34 pm   Reply with quote         

[quote="Martrex"]
iamkaren wrote:
Mira,
So have you entered one of the contests? What program do you work with? I'm really not even sure where to start.

Some use PS different levels from elements, to older versions of PS to some using PS3. I'm sure a few other htings are used out there. I myself use PS3.

Here is a good start a special Memorial day contest but you get extra time to access the original. Now nonmembers won't be able to actually enter(post) it till the day of May 1st. But will have it to work on ahead of time. Other wise normally the nonmembers get the image the day of competition starting and have 3 days till it ends.It can be posted by non members anytime in those 3 days. Paying members do get the images a month ahead and can enter them as such. Also their originals are larger. As is the k limit on gif entries!

Best way to try is jump in and hold on. In 7 days I will be here a year. Back then i never thought I would ever get anywhere near the top, let alone win place or show. But have done each and learned a few things along the way. there is good people here who will help when asked or some when not!

So have fun!

iamkaren

Post Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:45 pm   Reply with quote         

Here is a good start a special Memorial day contest but you get extra time to access the original. Now nonmembers won't be able to actually enter(post) it till the day of May 1st. But will have it to work on ahead of time. Other wise normally the nonmembers get the image the day of competition starting and have 3 days till it ends.It can be posted by non members anytime in those 3 days. Paying members do get the images a month ahead and can enter them as such. Also their originals are larger. As is the k limit on gif entries!

Best way to try is jump in and hold on. In 7 days I will be here a year. Back then i never thought I would ever get anywhere near the top, let alone win place or show. But have done each and learned a few things along the way. there is good people here who will help when asked or some when not!

So have fun!

Matrix,
Thanks for all of the info. I haven't checked these links yet but I will. I did however check out your gallery. You have some really cool chops. I can't believe you have only been doing this for a year. I also can't imagine how you got so many done in a year. You must not have missed any contests. Congrats on the "win, place and show" Just quickly went through your gallery(between my boys showers and bedtime story) where does it say if they placed? (i am really new at this)

The big issue i have with these contests is the time frame. 3 days to do a chop isn't enough for me. I know other people have jobs, families, and a life and limited amount of computer time BUT I need extra time just to figure out how to use my tools. How long did you play around with tutorials until you knew enough to actually do a good chop to enter? I will check out the Memorial day contest. thanks again for taking the time to reply k

Martrex

Post Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:52 pm   Reply with quote         

iamkaren wrote:

So have fun!

Matrix,
Thanks for all of the info. I haven't checked these links yet but I will. I did however check out your gallery. You have some really cool chops. I can't believe you have only been doing this for a year. I also can't imagine how you got so many done in a year. You must not have missed any contests. Congrats on the "win, place and show" Just quickly went through your gallery(between my boys showers and bedtime story) where does it say if they placed? (i am really new at this)

The big issue i have with these contests is the time frame. 3 days to do a chop isn't enough for me. I know other people have jobs, families, and a life and limited amount of computer time BUT I need extra time just to figure out how to use my tools. How long did you play around with tutorials until you knew enough to actually do a good chop to enter? I will check out the Memorial day contest. thanks again for taking the time to reply k

I would say doing it for a little bit if you like it join for $9 for 3 months and have larger original images 30 days ahead and can be posted ahead of time as well. But I warn you it will spoil you though. Cool

Marty

anfa

Post Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:00 pm   Reply with quote         

Don't listen to the gobshites Marty! Laughing

Mira

Post Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:56 am   Reply with quote         

iamkaren wrote:

Three days is a bit short for me too ... but do enter your chops.
It really is a lot of fun ....

Martrex wrote:

I would say doing it for a little bit if you like it join for $9 for 3 months and have larger original images 30 days ahead and can be posted ahead of time as well. But I warn you it will spoil you though.

Well ... in a few days it's my birthday. Will I spoil myself and get drawn into this chopping-world? or not? Although it is a very tempting idea

iamkaren

Post Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:57 am   Reply with quote         

$9 for 3 months is good, for some reason I thought it would be more expensive. I have more time in the summer(only have a few small summer school hours). Though my husband already calls my lap top my boyfriend, could be dangerous, I can see this site and chopping becoming addicting. But hey it is to better myself for my students, right?!

have a happy birthday Mira, $9. for 3 months, you are worth it Mira, I say,go for it.

Mira

Post Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:49 am   Reply with quote         

iamkaren wrote:
$9 for 3 months is good, for some reason I thought it would be more expensive. I have more time in the summer(only have a few small summer school hours). Though my husband already calls my lap top my boyfriend, could be dangerous, I can see this site and chopping becoming addicting. But hey it is to better myself for my students, right?!

have a happy birthday Mira, $9. for 3 months, you are worth it Mira, I say,go for it.

Laughing
Yep, it does look like the place to be for improvement ...

Thanks for the early wishes and who knows ... maybe I'll spoil myself next Wednesday Wink

Mira

Post Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:26 pm   Reply with quote         

Today, on my birthday, I became an advantage member.

This group has made me feel very welcome and I feel comfortable enough to enter my chops. I've already gotten some tips and I hope to become an active member and improve my chopping in this process.

Thanks and talk to you all later

Mira

Oscar

Post Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:31 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm going to teh moon and I'm taking tihs thread with meh.

mellowdesign

Post Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:55 pm   Reply with quote         

Welcome Miro - am one week new too Very Happy

NOGOODSK8RPUNK

Location: hum let me think, oh i know, if you look real hard i sometimes appear in your forum's text box

Post Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:40 pm   Reply with quote         

Mira wrote:

This group has made me feel very welcome and I feel comfortable enough to enter my chops. I've already gotten some tips and I hope to become an active member and improve my chopping in this process.

Mira
happy b-day mira Wink

Martrex

Post Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:03 pm   Reply with quote         

Mira wrote:

Mira

I think it's great that you spend your 21st birthday with us here at PSC. Cool

Mira

Post Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:45 am   Reply with quote         

Oscar wrote:
I'm going to teh moon and I'm taking tihs thread with meh.

Wow ... I feel honored Laughing

mellowdesign wrote:

Welcome Miro - am one week new too

Thanks ... one week for me too ... already feels way longer Wink

NOGOODSK8RPUNK wrote:

happy b-day mira

Thanks ... had a very nice day yesterday.

Martrex wrote:

I think it's great that you spend your 21st birthday with us here at PSC.

Laughing 21st huh ! I'll settle for it ... haha
Thanks

rashdog
Site Moderator

Post Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:10 am   Reply with quote         

Oscar wrote:
Hi I'm the site admin and I want to welcome you to the site. Take a look around and enjoy your stay.

Oscar is NOT the site admin. Procyon is.

In fact, Oscar is really very lucky to be here at all.

Mira

Post Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:42 am   Reply with quote         

rashdog wrote:
Oscar wrote:
Hi I'm the site admin and I want to welcome you to the site. Take a look around and enjoy your stay.

Oscar is NOT the site admin. Procyon is.

In fact, Oscar is really very lucky to be here at all.

Oi Oi ... Oscar ... Why?
Well ... the record is straight again. Thanks

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Welcome Center - Just want to say "Hello" - Reply to topic