Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - HELP---Embed Photo Gallery into Website?? - Reply to topic

Post Mon May 05, 2008 12:26 am   Reply with quote         

I've created a photo gallery using CS2...and I've been searching online for 3 days----and I CANNOT find the code to have the gallery embedded in the webpage... I know if i use <a href> it will open the gallery up in a NEW window...but I would like it to be inside an HTML table on my webpage, and NOT on it's own separate page...

If someone can please help me with the code that I would need to paste into my webpage..I would GREATLY appreciate it!

splodge

Post Mon May 05, 2008 5:35 am   Reply with quote         

i dont think it can be done, you might have to rebuild the album on the home page.
save the thumbs, images, and pages folders, build a table on the home page , drag the thumbs into the table and link the thumbs back to the pages folder, link the back button to the home page, next and previous buttons should still work,
orrrrr! could try copy and paste the table from the photo album 'index.html' to your home page, if you are using dreamweaver it will change all the links for you

Hallcross Toots
sirenka

Post Mon May 05, 2008 3:19 pm   Reply with quote         

hybridspecia wrote:
I've created a photo gallery using CS2...and I've been searching online for 3 days----and I CANNOT find the code to have the gallery embedded in the webpage... I know if i use <a href> it will open the gallery up in a NEW window...but I would like it to be inside an HTML table on my webpage, and NOT on it's own separate page...

If someone can please help me with the code that I would need to paste into my webpage..I would GREATLY appreciate it!

Or maybe you can use <iframe> in your homepage like this:

<iframe src="gallery.html" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" width="191" height="120"></iframe>

So the content of the page gallery.html will be included in your homepage.Specify the width and height for the iframe...

That is if i understood your problem correctly Smile

Post Mon May 05, 2008 4:14 pm   Reply with quote         

sirenka wrote:
hybridspecia wrote:

Or maybe you can use <iframe> in your homepage like this:

<iframe src="gallery.html" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" width="191" height="120"></iframe>

So the content of the page gallery.html will be included in your homepage.Specify the width and height for the iframe...

That is if i understood your problem correctly Smile

I did try that....I am using Dreamweaver 8 to edit the page and when i tried adding the <iframe> it would NOT let me save the document because it said it contained invalid code....

splodge

Post Mon May 05, 2008 4:17 pm   Reply with quote         

how many pix?

Hallcross Toots

Post Mon May 05, 2008 4:30 pm   Reply with quote         

splodge wrote:
how many pix?

Each gallery has about 12-15 photos. Currently I have a media page, with an image for each gallery... when the user clicks on the image, I would like the photo gallery to show up in the same window, and not open up in a separate one because there is no header, navigation bar, etc in the 'new window'.....

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Mon May 05, 2008 4:50 pm   Reply with quote         

Post Mon May 05, 2008 5:28 pm   Reply with quote         

thanx...looks like a wealth of info there...i will try them tonight! i appreciate your help! Very Happy

MindGraph

Post Mon May 05, 2008 6:54 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm in the same boat with this. Want to make a picture portfolio for my website but want the page to match the rest of the site. Can it be made in flash and then imported into the page in Dreamweaver? I made this using the Photoshop picture gallery and played around with manipulating it in Dreamweaver but I know what your trying to do and it's not the same Crying or Very sad
http://mindesigngraphics.com/lafontaine/

splodge

Post Mon May 05, 2008 9:45 pm   Reply with quote         

JavaScript Popup Windows
Unfortunately, there's no way to create a customizable popup window using only Flash. But the good news is that with a little help from JavaScript, you can create popup windows with no scrollbars, no toolbars, no menubars, and you can even specify the size of the popup window. In this tutorial, you'll learn how to do just that.

http://www.bluetorials.com/free%20stuff/more_tuts.html#javascript_popup

Hallcross Toots
kittie

Post Mon May 05, 2008 11:19 pm   Reply with quote         

If you have adobe ImageReady
you can use slices and stuff...
I've done it before but I don't remember exactly how... so I'm afraid I am just

NO HELP WHATSOEVER.

MindGraph

Post Tue May 06, 2008 12:18 am   Reply with quote         

kittie wrote:
If you have adobe ImageReady
you can use slices and stuff...
I've done it before but I don't remember exactly how... so I'm afraid I am just

NO HELP WHATSOEVER.

I've worked with that before too and couldn't tell you either...hahahaa. One thing I remember in challenging myself is that I built a whole website for myself between PS and IR and it worked but it was huge and loaded slow so I rebuilt it in DreamWeaver.

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - HELP---Embed Photo Gallery into Website?? - Reply to topic