Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - You Must Watch - Reply to topic

Post Sun May 18, 2008 12:51 pm   Reply with quote         

Quote:
"Africa is our holocaust. The death camps are in places with names like Darfur, Liberia, and Sierra Leone. In my lifetime 20 million Africans have died."

"It took the deaths of 6 million jews before the world finally said never again. In Africa the bodies are still being counted!"

I attended a screening of the full version of this movie yesterday afternoon and to say that it was moving would be an understatement.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=uZVdZ8MdPHQ

This is a MUST SEE documentary that may or may not ever see national or even global distribution...but the information and the story needs to be told. This film reveals the deadly consequences of the USA's foreign policies toward Africa from 1957-2008.

Pass this link on.

If you're in the states and want to schedule a screening of this film I can forward the information to the producer.

Watch it. Be horrified.

Post Sun May 18, 2008 1:28 pm   Reply with quote         

NSSM 200

Look it up.

splodge

Post Sun May 18, 2008 4:30 pm   Reply with quote         

DP i love you, you know that, but if you realy cared you would go there and do something, inteligent guy like you could make a difference, i moved to South Africa hating all i knew about apartide, got there and my first boss was a black guy, second job i replaced a black guy as head doorman at a night club, he'd made enough mony to retire to the country with his severn wives, all was good in South Africa, BBC had got it wrong
all the time i lived in South Africa all l heard about from the NEWS was how the the IRA was distroying the UK, i came home, they had blown-up a telephone exchange and a litter bin, believe what you want, but the truth is usualy much better

Hallcross Toots

Post Sun May 18, 2008 6:40 pm   Reply with quote         

Ya know...if it were just me...and I didn't have the kids to worry about...I would. But...since I can't at the moment...I dunno.

Smile

Post Sun May 18, 2008 9:47 pm   Reply with quote         

The situation in africa is pretty dire indeed, there are so many different problems there that its so hard to tell where to begin. No politican wants to deal with the problems of Africa, it would require them to make unpopular decsions based on principles Confused

On another note, I think its pretty unfair to blame the current situation in Africa on the last 50 years of american foreign policy. Its really a failing of the global community as a whole. Plus one has to remember that Africa was pretty well torn apart by the imperialist policies of European nations during the 17th, 18th, and 19th centuries....

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - You Must Watch - Reply to topic