Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - I leave for a few months and PSC goes down the drain. - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Have you submitted one of these entries before?

Yes

10%

10%

[ 3 ]

No

57%

57%

[ 16 ]

Yes, and it got tons of votes! I'm doing it again!

17%

17%

[ 5 ]

Yes, and it sucked so bad no body voted for it.

14%

14%

[ 4 ]

Total Votes: 28

st1n3r

Post Tue May 20, 2008 4:58 pm   Reply with quote         

ResidentGeek wrote:
Stevster, FILTERS aren't wrong. Giving somebody lots of votes because they spent 5 minutes on a chop and then ran it through the emboss filter is.
In your case, it looks good.
I use filters all the time. Mostly Gaussian Blur, Motion Blur and Bump Map. (I use Gimp) I don't slap the target onto a background and run it through the computer and call it art though. 0 creativity, 0 effort, should be 0 votes.

Here are some examples.

Piece of Art: http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/101576/black-and-white-iris.html

Piece of Crap: http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/139537/votes.html

residentnoob,
1) if YOU had more votes than mira you wouldnt have started this thread.
2) calling another members work in an open contest crap is NOT cool.
3) open contest threads like this are pretty much VOTE WHORING.

your upset because someone's entry that YOU dont like is beating your own. stop your crying.

SWINGING BLADES LIKE A HELICOPTER

Micose

Post Tue May 20, 2008 5:01 pm   Reply with quote         

Hi!

anfa

Post Tue May 20, 2008 5:12 pm   Reply with quote         

Micose wrote:
Hi!

Hello mate! How the hell are you?

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Tue May 20, 2008 5:21 pm   Reply with quote         

Spiffing thanks for asking Tony Razz

Post Tue May 20, 2008 5:27 pm   Reply with quote         

st1n3r:

1) Guess what? You're wrong. I was trying to figure this out BEFORE I even posted my entry.
2) This has already been explained. I was using a literary device called parallelism. Read up on it some time.
3) Guess what? I'm not complaining. I'm asking WHY are people voting for 5 minute creations but not even glancing twice at works of art on here.

You have no idea what you're talking about. It has nothing to do with my entry. I'm no where near as good as many people on here. I'm average and I accept that. There are some people on here with real talent but they're being over looked. (No I'm not talking about myself.)

I'm not a poor sport. I'm not a jerk. I'm not a complainer, and I'm not surprised by my post's current placement.
I used Mira's entry as an example. I could easily have picked an example from a closed contest. (One I hadn't entered)

st1n3r

Post Tue May 20, 2008 5:34 pm   Reply with quote         

ResidentGeek wrote:
st1n3r:

1) Guess what? You're wrong. I was trying to figure this out BEFORE I even posted my entry.
2) This has already been explained. I was using a literary device called parallelism. Read up on it some time.
3) Guess what? I'm not complaining. I'm asking WHY are people voting for 5 minute creations but not even glancing twice at works of art on here.

You have no idea what you're talking about. It has nothing to do with my entry. I'm no where near as good as many people on here. I'm average and I accept that. There are some people on here with real talent but they're being over looked. (No I'm not talking about myself.)

I'm not a poor sport. I'm not a jerk. I'm not a complainer, and I'm not surprised by my post's current placement.
I used Mira's entry as an example. I could easily have picked an example from a closed contest. (One I hadn't entered)

1)you missed where i said STOP CRYING.
2)i dont need to read up on anything, i see right through your bullshit.
3)you start a thread complaining, and say your not a complainer? lol
Rolling Eyes

SWINGING BLADES LIKE A HELICOPTER

Tea Man

Post Tue May 20, 2008 5:56 pm   Reply with quote         

There are obviously problems between people who enter and people who vote, usually it's do to a thing called "differences in opinion". A pro will look at an image and know its a "5-minute" crap, but people who are inexperianced at photoshop can't see raw skill or lack of skill, they can only see the pic as a whole and if it "looks good".

Someone can take a pic, work on it for 5 minutes, and only have messed with the color layout, and get more votes than a pic that takes hours becuase it has flaws that are obvious, yet skill that is stupendous.

When people make images, they have to make it to where they think that it will apply to everyone or accept that it only applys to a select few (like Micose for instance, some people love his art while others may not understand it at all).

1)You can't tell people how to vote, only yourself
2)Complaining about how others vote will just cause aggression towards you
3) Vote seliciting happens, deal with it
4)STFUAC

Post Tue May 20, 2008 6:08 pm   Reply with quote         

Oh, how I wish the SOT were here to guide us...

dewdew

Post Tue May 20, 2008 6:10 pm   Reply with quote         

Maybe the other 3 pages were tired of being called POS. Actually i would say threads like this one would be the main cause of the downsize. While we do have some very skilled choppers here, when WORLDS TOP DIGITAL ARTIST was typed into google.....i did not see anyone from PSC on the list. This subject has been moaned on way too much....votes don't make you better than anyone....it means more liked your chop that day, than the one below you. That's it....nothing else. Now bitching and blabbing about how yours was better, than so-an-so's IMHO is the lowest you can stoop. I have heard it said a thousand times that this is a site that HELPS you learn to use PS.....it's a site were you can post against choppers from around the world...and maybe even learn something while here. So we stand MIRA in the middle of the room and let others tell her/him that her entry was overvoted and not worthy of the votes she got. Then we are going to display a image that did not get as many votes, and tell her that she should learn to do it like that. Shocked I RAISE THE BULLSHIT FLAG on this one. Some here don't not know HUE from BILLY. I believe if you want a site that is going to look at hue,color and so on on every single chop and vote...you would need to look up PRO PHOTOSHOP CONTEST (ARTIST ONLY VERSION).

Now don't go get all bent out of shape, and think i am ranting again....this is only my honest opinion on the subject. You know....i get to use the soapbox too.....actually Blue never gave me the box...but....i like to think of it as borrow rather than steal. Twisted Evil

Oop's sorry SAGE.....I THOUGHT YOU SAID SOB...man i wish i would have caught that before i typed all that... Embarassed .....i'll see if i can find ANFA. Smile

marcoballistic

Post Tue May 20, 2008 6:10 pm   Reply with quote         

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

calling Sword of Truth... I repeat Sword of Truth to aisle 6 please

Post Tue May 20, 2008 6:13 pm   Reply with quote         

I think Zen took that when he left.

marcoballistic

Post Tue May 20, 2008 6:14 pm   Reply with quote         

digitalpharaoh wrote:

Zen had nothing on SoT Laughing

Micose

Post Tue May 20, 2008 6:43 pm   Reply with quote         

ST1n ur out of ur mind...look at this avy of urs Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing put at least some blood on this rabbit for kristsaïk Twisted Evil

Micose

Post Tue May 20, 2008 6:45 pm   Reply with quote         

digitalpharaoh wrote:

what is Zen

Post Tue May 20, 2008 7:02 pm   Reply with quote         

Micose wrote:
digitalpharaoh wrote:

what is Zen

A special transmission outside the scriptures;
No dependence on words and letters;
Direct pointing to the mind of man;
Seeing into one's nature and attaining Buddhahood.

Cool

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - I leave for a few months and PSC goes down the drain. - Reply to topic