Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - THAN K YOU!! - Reply to topic

DO YOU HAVE DEPLOYED LOVED ONES?

YES

25%

25%

[ 3 ]

NO

58%

58%

[ 7 ]

I DID BUT THEY ARE HOME NOW.

16%

16%

[ 2 ]

Total Votes: 12

Post Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:56 pm   Reply with quote         

Thank you for everyones vote!!! If I win, THANK YOU! if I dont, THANK YOU!!! haha, This is the most votes I have recieved on a post... WOO HOO!!! i APPRECIATE THE EXPERIENCE OF SHOWING THE PEOPLE IN MY UNIT THAT I CAN ACTUALLY COME CLOSE TO WINNING!!! YESSSS!!!!
THANK YOU.

jason from BFE, country unknown, motivation waining...

Maliciously Delicious

Post Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:28 pm   Reply with quote         

No loved ones deployed...I had a buddy I graduated with who went over there and told me this short story. They were sleeping in cabins/bunkers, and would constantly hear RPG (rocket propelled grenades) flying over and by their base. One night the alarm sounded, and that meant suit up and take cover! My buddy ran to the front door and opened it too a hail of bullets from AK-47's and guns alike. He quickly slammed the door and directed all the men out of the back of the cabin. All you could see was RED tracer rounds flying amongst the sky. They use these special rounds so they can see where they are shooting in the night, very effective but also ineffective because the enemy knows the direction of your shots. He preceded to empty the cabin and disperse to a safe house in doing so they took fire from the rear and shot back at the woods in the distance. Not staying very long in one spot they retreated to the safe house and waited it out until the commotion ended. The next day they traveled into the woods behind the cabin and found two dead terrorists. Now being a marine, they're are some personalities that just love war and everything about it. Basically a couple of the guys were trying to claim the kills and no-one was sure who did what. On the other side of this all when he returned to the states and I got to hang out with him, he brought an infrared video from a helicopter of that same fight. It was exactly like it is in the movies, small streams of fire flying across fields vehicles in motion. There was a bridge and on the terrorists side where they were attacking from, you could see two terrorists retreating back to hills. They were very small faint dots on this video and one of them had to be injured or dead because one guy was carrying him across the bridge and took two rest breaks laying down the dot before continuing.
I will also say I saw some very graphic digital pictures I was not supposed to see and my friend would have been in very big trouble. I support our troops to fullest and appreciate everything they are doing for us but I must say they're are a couple loose cannons when it comes to how they view the enemy. Enough said, not the greatest story but my only connection with the war. USA! God bless.

spencej1129 wrote:
Thank you for everyones vote!!! If I win, THANK YOU! if I dont, THANK YOU!!! haha, This is the most votes I have recieved on a post... WOO HOO!!! i APPRECIATE THE EXPERIENCE OF SHOWING THE PEOPLE IN MY UNIT THAT I CAN ACTUALLY COME CLOSE TO WINNING!!! YESSSS!!!!
THANK YOU.

jason from BFE, country unknown, motivation waining...

- Alexander Graham Bell
NOGOODSK8RPUNK

Location: hum let me think, oh i know, if you look real hard i sometimes appear in your forum's text box

Post Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:25 am   Reply with quote         

if i get this right you are Deployed yourself? and your chopping from your unit? if so then where are you? just about my whole family has served in some sort of force. i my self have not.

as far as your chop goes... the best of luck to you... your feeling the next stage to being hooked at psc Laughing some will say not to start a thread during an open comp. but i feel you'll place in the top three and that too is an honor.

kinda a weird thread this is. but it grabbed my attention... which we all know hasn't been the best in a thread Laughing anyways best of luck to you in the deployment and the chop'n Wink

PSC is like a gang... i got beat in... if i leave... they'll beat me off!!!

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - THAN K YOU!! - Reply to topic