Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - A look back.... - Reply to topic

bigbuck

Post Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:56 am   Reply with quote         

Someone's posted this before, but I just came across the bookmark again.
http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.photoshopcontest.com
(might have to copy/paste this one, asterix messing up the link)

Doesn't seem to be that many pages with all the images intact, but here's one with most.
http://web.archive.org/web/20060202015657/photoshopcontest.com/
I quite liked the page layout back then with all the thumbnails for current contests.

Note the rising stars in their first month at PSC (bottom left) Laughing Laughing
If I recall, Naiko and I joined about a week apart.

Post Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:44 am   Reply with quote         

yeah... Crying or Very sad

Still think PSC lost a lot of it's soul when the design changed. However, it has been fine-tuned to where it is an understandable (for the most part) layout again. When it first changed it was terrible. Laughing

Post Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:36 pm   Reply with quote         

I really really miss that layout. I guess it's because that's how it was when I was first participating on the site. IMO that layout is more warm and inviting. I still am not crazy about the current layout....so steril. Atleast it works, and there are some cool new features. Smile

Post Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:45 pm   Reply with quote         

i have to agree with goat....i loved the old layout. The current layout lacks color.
It feels like a hospital around here. Too much white.

Is this heaven?

janetdog

Post Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:07 pm   Reply with quote         

This one is mine from 02' The challenge was nascar.com Too bad the rest won't come up.

Post Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:32 pm   Reply with quote         

Posted: 2002-04-01 22:32:07 | By: janetdog
The bickering and other B.S. posted today is really a bummer. I would never criticise anyone for their cliche use of kitty,colt45,Domo,Furtive,or penguin. I personally would not use them either.The only way out that I can see is for jmh132 and DChance getting together and creating PSContests own unique cliche. My suggestion would be a little Honda robot. Thats my 2 cents.

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:37 pm   Reply with quote         

the first sighting of the new look.... for some reason all the images appear, then 5 seconds later they all vanish except Brad's avatar? weird:

http://web.archive.org/web/20060827133638/photoshopcontest.com/

zorda

Post Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:25 pm   Reply with quote         

I remember that layout buck; I was kinda fond of it too. Remember being disappointed when it happened. Sad

bigbuck

Post Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:30 pm   Reply with quote         

That old page layout had a lot going for it. A focus on the current open contest, with thumbs. for source and leading entries.
I suppose the beauty of it was that it was easily navigable by people who were not members of PSC. There were enough thumbnails on that page to provoke interest in the reader. You could easily navigate to some members profiles/portfolios by all those links to the right.
While the new layout is clean, it still focuses on yesterday's winning entry only, and while there are plenty of links for us active members to use, I don't think that it is particularly well laid out or inviting for guests to navigate through.

zorda

Post Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:04 pm   Reply with quote         

LOL too funny I just pm'd a mod to help me out with a problem I was having. I thought that I could get my profile simply by clicking on my portfolio link ...couldn't figure out where my profile went doh!

Things were really great around here for a time and then things flew out the window. I left for a couple of years came back hoping attitudes had changed...LOL Think there must be a full moon somewhere.

Anyway I'm glad you're still here. Love yer avatar...gives you that laid back aura Smile

Post Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:51 pm   Reply with quote         

marcoballistic wrote:
the first sighting of the new look.... for some reason all the images appear, then 5 seconds later they all vanish except Brad's avatar? weird:

http://web.archive.org/web/20060827133638/photoshopcontest.com/

if you click refresh and then stop really quick you can catch a glimpse of the winning image.

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - A look back.... - Reply to topic