Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Voting / Commenting - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Were the comments helpfull?

Yes

79%

79%

[ 23 ]

no

10%

10%

[ 3 ]

Get out you hypacrit!

10%

10%

[ 3 ]

Total Votes: 29

anabe

Post Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:22 pm   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:

I made some honest comments on someone's entry and I believe I was nice about it. They took it all personal and lost their F%$@%ng mind. There should be a button that blocks comments so the sensitive weenies can avoid reality and continue thinking they are genius and give each other stroke jobs all day. Your terrific...no you are...no you're terrific. They would never survive in the real art world. Everybody and their brother tells you what they think about your art. You better have a stronger backbone than that. Take advise. Learn from it. Teach others. Quit being a bunch of pussies.
Peace. Wink

I never had any illusions about my "art", and I don't consider myself to be a "genius",[ as you imply here], who only wants to get pats on the back. I always look for advice how to improve, and I asked you about it in my PM. Your criticism was about a style you dislike, coupled with doubts about actually having used the source. To react to that is not a sign of oversensitivity or "losing my mind". But I will not be bullied into avoiding certain techniques/expressions, because it displeases one of the "great" ones. As I wrote in my PM, votes are secondary, so is winning. But I didn't know that one has to actually prove he's not a cheater.

ReyRey

Post Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:24 pm   Reply with quote         

I try not to hurt anybody's feelings but Holy Crap, some people just can't take ANY crit. Then they say I only crit because my ego is too big. Sure it's big but the chicks love it. See.....What??? Shocked That's not what an ego is? Shocked (Puts it back in his pants) Embarassed (Sneeks out of the room.)

ReyRey

Post Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:31 pm   Reply with quote         

anabe wrote:
ReyRey wrote:

I made some honest comments on someone's entry and I believe I was nice about it. They took it all personal and lost their F%$@%ng mind. There should be a button that blocks comments so the sensitive weenies can avoid reality and continue thinking they are genius and give each other stroke jobs all day. Your terrific...no you are...no you're terrific. They would never survive in the real art world. Everybody and their brother tells you what they think about your art. You better have a stronger backbone than that. Take advise. Learn from it. Teach others. Quit being a bunch of pussies.
Peace. Wink

I never had any illusions about my "art", and I don't consider myself to be a "genius",[ as you imply here], who only wants to get pats on the back. I always look for advice how to improve, and I asked you about it in my PM. Your criticism was about a style you dislike, coupled with doubts about actually having used the source. To react to that is not a sign of oversensitivity or "losing my mind". But I will not be bullied into avoiding certain techniques/expressions, because it displeases one of the "great" ones. As I wrote in my PM, votes are secondary, so is winning. But I didn't know that one has to actually prove he's not a cheater.

Everybody has to prove their work now and then. Even "the great ones" , as you said, (which I am not) I didn't doubt all of your work and I said it was good. But come on! Can you honestly tell me that it is easy to see the source??? I've been questioned many times. That is when I started posting PSD files. No problem. If you are too proud to prove your work then don't. But it makes you seem questionable. Let me try to explain it this way. If you made a beautiful sculpture and posted a picture of it in a contest, I would say, "wow, that is beautiful" but I would not vote for it because it did not use the source and defeated the purpose of having a source image. If everyone is just going to paint pictures that in no way resemble the source, then why bother having a source. Let's just have an art contest and everyone can do whatever they want. That I would also be fine with. I am also fine with what you did but I just wanted you to know that I liked it even tho I did not vote for it. Then I explained why. Holy crap....my fingers are tired of typing. I quit. Forget what I said and just go back to what you were doing. I'll leave you alone.
Have fun.

arcaico

Post Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:50 pm   Reply with quote         

Now you guys see why I donīt leave critics on entries anymore?? As Pakimo said, people take it the wrong way... And then as Anabe and Reysquaredīs affair proved, we end up being labled as people who critique for having big egos... sorry anabe, but I believe the entry in question is the one in the dogīs contest, where it is indeed hard to believe itīs ALL source as you claimed... not only cause you squeezed the source in a pallete as a painter squeezes paint, and then painted your flowers... but also cause there are some visible cracks that are clearly from an external (or maybe Iīm just blind and didnīt find those cracks in the source...) it has nothing to do with not liking a style or something... if you donīt like critics, just say you donīt and you wonīt get them anymore... just like TeaMan said... sign the list of those who chop for fun, not for improvement... the block comments option suggested by reysquared may come handy though... it really should be implemented... when you get to an entry the comment button could be disabled and a message with "comments not allowed" should be displayed... at least we wouldnīt waste time trying to talk to a deaf...

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

anabe

Post Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:26 pm   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:
sorry anabe, but I believe the entry in question is the one in the dogīs contest, where it is indeed hard to believe itīs ALL source as you claimed... not only cause you squeezed the source in a pallete as a painter squeezes paint, and then painted your flowers... but also cause there are some visible cracks that are clearly from an external (or maybe Iīm just blind and didnīt find those cracks in the source...) it has nothing to do with not liking a style or something... if you donīt like critics, just say you donīt and you wonīt get them anymore... just like TeaMan said... sign the list of those who chop for fun, not for improvement... the block comments option suggested by reysquared may come handy though... it really should be implemented... when you get to an entry the comment button could be disabled and a message with "comments not allowed" should be displayed... at least we wouldnīt waste time trying to talk to a deaf...

Many things I don't know around here, but I'm learning. I always welcome criticism related to a technique, but didn't know that brushwork had to be listed as outside source, or keep layered files for proof. Maybe those unwritten rules should be posted somewhere for newcomers, along with more tutorials.

kinetic_be

Post Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:37 pm   Reply with quote         

I think what ReyRey ment, is that the purpose of having a source-file gets lost this way.
Let's say if everyone would make their own art in where the source-file is not recognised anymore or not used in a recognisable way, there wouldn't be a purpose anymore for having source-images, you know?
But that are just opinions Anabe and personally I don't really care what you do with your source.
I'll be happy if one day I were able to make flowers out of anything the way you do, because it's a beautifull image, no doubt about that Smile

Anyway, not trying to interfear in this, I guess everyone should make what they feel best and most happy about, at least that's what I do, even though it's shit sometimes, haha Very Happy

anfa

Post Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:52 pm   Reply with quote         

You want the truth? You can't handle the truth!

anabe

Post Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:56 pm   Reply with quote         

kinetic_be wrote:
I think what ReyRey ment, is that the purpose of having a source-file gets lost this way.
Let's say if everyone would make their own art in where the source-file is not recognised anymore or not used in a recognisable way, there wouldn't be a purpose anymore for having source-images, you know?
But that are just opinions Anabe and personally I don't really care what you do with your source.
I'll be happy if one day I were able to make flowers out of anything the way you do, because it's a beautifull image, no doubt about that Smile

Anyway, not trying to interfear in this, I guess everyone should make what they feel best and most happy about, at least that's what I do, even though it's shit sometimes, haha Very Happy

I can see your point, kinetic. Thanks for your remarks about the flowers, too! Smile

blue_lurker

Post Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:27 am   Reply with quote         

*sigh*
Rey, Arc this will always be a problem some times ya feel like ya...

kinetic_be

Post Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:31 am   Reply with quote         

blue_lurker wrote:
*sigh*
Rey, Arc this will always be a problem some times ya feel like ya...

Spanking a dead horse? Question
Laughing

TutorMe
Site Moderator

Location: Sitting in this room playing Russian roulette, finger on the trigger to my dear Juliet.

Post Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:41 am   Reply with quote         

I definitely appreciate any suggestions and advice. Basically as long as it's not just "YOU SUCK. STFUADC," then I'm fine with it.

bigbuck

Post Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:59 am   Reply with quote         

I certainly got 'chipped' a few times here in my early days about doing an all-source that basically had no resemblance to, or no obvious use of the source. We can all turn a pic of a cow into (say) a car, a frying pan....a flower...whatever. But these days I tend to think the source should be reasonably prominent in a chop.....or at least linked cleverly or thematically to the source. As Rey says, "why bother having a source in the first place"

Tea Man

Post Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:39 pm   Reply with quote         

so, should i do this again, or just let people go on with the more nice and encouraging comments?

Post Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:42 pm   Reply with quote         

Nice encouraging comments? Shocked where! Wink

Post Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:53 pm   Reply with quote         

Look, constructive criticism is great, provided it's polite and accurate. And if you're going to point out faults, then you should be prepared to offer advice on how to fix them. Whether that be through further comments, or exchanging PMs with the chopper.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Voting / Commenting - Reply to topic