Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - CONTEST Don LaFontaine - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next

Sassy

Post Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:47 am   Reply with quote         

VERY KEWL....We gave him a Public Face! Very Happy

Post Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:07 pm   Reply with quote         

Yep, that is a great thing.

Scrumpy

Post Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:52 am   Reply with quote         

Kansas wrote:
You know you guys are on his site.. So as the world goes to his page to honor him they are seeing all the great stuff you guys did!

http://www.DonLafontaine.com/DLF2007/index.html

Too cool.

Post Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:27 am   Reply with quote         

This paragraph is what is describing your work today at the Writers Guild in Hollywood today as they honor Don LaFontaine. I hope you guys good about what I came up with! You guys rock.

--------------------------------------------------

PhotoshopContest.com is a forum for a vast group of graphic artists, many of whom are internationally acclaimed. Once I told them that Don LaFontaine was being honored by the Tallgrass Film Festival with the Ad Astra award for contributions to the film industry, they wanted also to honor this legendary man with gifts of their artwork. These remarkable artists "Photoshopped" their way into Don's heart! When Don came in-studio for his on-air interview, I gave him the artwork--a pretty healthy stack--and he stopped everything he was doing to lovingly admire and hear about each of the artists. We bound these pictures in a book that Don instantly treasured and also created a link to his personal web page. We feel fortunate to have had these gifted artists create visual mementos to honor Don's audible legacy.

Kathy Deane
Clear Channel Radio Wichita
Morning Show Producer
Kathy@B98fm.com
9323 E. 37th St. N.
Wichita, KS 67226
316.436.1098 Request Line
316.494.6730 Fax

Post Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:12 am   Reply with quote         

very nicely writtin Kathy and a very nice tribute.
Great job!!
Thanks! Wink

Sassy

Post Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:17 pm   Reply with quote         

NICE write up Kansas I thought of you when I saw this..

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x60/sassmeister/1a-9.jpg

Also Thanks to MG for creating the link for Dons site Smile

annajon

Post Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:09 pm   Reply with quote         

Cool

nice words, Kansas.

annajon

Post Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:10 pm   Reply with quote         

Kansas wrote:
This paragraph is what is describing your work today at the Writers Guild in Hollywood today as they honor Don LaFontaine. I hope you guys good about what I came up with! You guys rock.

--------------------------------------------------

PhotoshopContest.com is a forum for a vast group of graphic artists, many of whom are internationally acclaimed. Once I told them that Don LaFontaine was being honored by the Tallgrass Film Festival with the Ad Astra award for contributions to the film industry, they wanted also to honor this legendary man with gifts of their artwork. These remarkable artists "Photoshopped" their way into Don's heart! When Don came in-studio for his on-air interview, I gave him the artwork--a pretty healthy stack--and he stopped everything he was doing to lovingly admire and hear about each of the artists. We bound these pictures in a book that Don instantly treasured and also created a link to his personal web page. We feel fortunate to have had these gifted artists create visual mementos to honor Don's audible legacy.

Kathy Deane
Clear Channel Radio Wichita
Morning Show Producer
Kathy@B98fm.com
9323 E. 37th St. N.
Wichita, KS 67226
316.436.1098 Request Line
316.494.6730 Fax

Nice words, Kansas

dewdew

Post Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:12 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm an Artist now...... Shocked ........ bounce ......it's about time. Laughing

Thanks Kansas for showing us what's going on. I want to personally thank you, You got the ball rolling on this. With help from members here it was made possible, but You deserve a big portion of the credit. Without you and your idea none of this would have been possible. I'm no artist, but it's been one of the coolest things i have ever been involved in. It's things like this that seperates PSC and it's members from the other sites on the net. Again THANK YOU.

Kansas

Post Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:51 am   Reply with quote         

the DON LAFONTAINE CELEBRATION OF LIFE DVD is almost ready... I have been asked to get the names (spelled right of course) of all the folks that contributed to the amazing ART WORK that you organized... we have been in
meetings about getting the web page for DLF up and running.... it would serve many purposes... we would do your idea of $ contributions for the WALK OF FAME... i am gonna send you Weird Al email again.... to refresh your memory (as if you needed it).. beginning in the new year... WE ARE GONNA KICK SOME COWBOY BUTT with these ideas.

This is Weird AL Walk of Fame stuff and this is what I would love to see happen for Don LaFontaine!

http://www.weirdalstar.com/

So the Above email is from Don LaFontaines manager. She knows how much Don Loved your artwork from PhotoshopContest.com and is making sure it lives on.

Can you imagine that if our vision and your artwork actually helps make this star thing come true.. I also know when this happens you will all be invited to the event.

If you are one of the Don LaFontaine Artists.... I need your info to pass on to Vanessa.

Thanks People.

Post Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:38 pm   Reply with quote         

THANKS Kathy...who would have thunk that a fun contest would go this far.....

Hi Peeps! Miss you BBS

Post Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:24 am   Reply with quote         

Very Happy

bump

Kansas

Post Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:51 pm   Reply with quote         

YOU GUYS ARE FAMOUS!!! I just received the Don LaFontaine Celebration of Life Tribute DVD. The movie opens with your pictures on the Wall as they are drumming at the Screen actors guild Tribute....WOW way kewl. Good work people. I've only watched 1:11 minutes of it, but couldn't wait to break the news of this... Looks like you guys will want to buy a DVD if you were in the contest. Not sure if everyone made it in the movie as I just started watching it.. it's 2 and a half hours... but wow wow wow!!

Post Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:40 pm   Reply with quote         

Very Happy

Best forum thread ever.

annajon

Post Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:59 pm   Reply with quote         

digitalpharaoh wrote:
Very Happy

Best forum thread ever.

Embarassed Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - CONTEST Don LaFontaine - Reply to topic