Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - "Anybody else finding PSC pages SLOOOW? - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Procyon
Site Admin

Post Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:16 pm   Reply with quote         

I didn't change anything. maybe you can take a screenshot? all ads are normal for me. anybody else having the same problem?

Proc

Post Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:16 pm   Reply with quote         

2 examples

And there are plenty more...and the pages they don't show up on there's a big empty space.

Post Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:17 pm   Reply with quote         

And the van ad stayed up on EVERY thread for the better part of the day.

Luxwiz

Post Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:18 pm   Reply with quote         

Hi Emmanuel:I think dph is referring to the banners that appear under the Post New Topic section when you click on any topic on the Active Forum Topics category on the home page.I'm using an addblocker so I can eliminate them from my page but here is the filter info if you want to see it.

Before there were some add banners on abducting children in vans as dph mentions above and now this next generation of smyleys one.

Post Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:19 pm   Reply with quote         

The very ones...It's not that I MIND the regular size ads up there...I'm used to those. These HUGE ones are just...wrong.

Post Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:20 pm   Reply with quote         

Procyon
Site Admin

Post Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:21 pm   Reply with quote         

digitalpharaoh wrote:
2 examples

And there are plenty more...and the pages they don't show up on there's a big empty space.

where do they point to? don't wanna know the advertiser's link, but the network. does it say tribafusion somewhere in the links?

Proc

Post Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:26 pm   Reply with quote         

Yeah tribalfusion is in there Evil or Very Mad and ¿ casalemedia ? .Check out the filter info above.

[quote="Procyon"]
where do they point to? don't wanna know the advertiser's link, but the network. does it say tribafusion somewhere in the links?
[quote]

anfa

Post Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:33 pm   Reply with quote         

Protesting against the owner eh!?!?
I've heard this one before! Argh
Hmmm, could Proc be Mike Ashley in disguise?! Laughing

Stewie4lb

Post Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:37 pm   Reply with quote         

Hmmm

Luxwiz

Post Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:39 pm   Reply with quote         

anfa wrote:
Protesting against the owner eh!?!?
I've heard this one before! Argh
Hmmm, could Proc be Mike Ashley in disguise?! Laughing

Hey Anf...I found o shot of you with Mike

Laughing Laughing Laughing

ReinMan

Post Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:41 pm   Reply with quote         

Hey Proc!

A) thanks for taking the time to explain your place in all this - I appreciate that. Helps gain some perspective.

B) for the record I never meant you were getting RICH on this site - but I have to assume you are not doing this as a charity case and therefore you gotta be making SOME bread off this. And well you should. But things are starting to bug people. Marco is not getting his new prize every week. I have to put up with annoying banner ads and slow bandwidth. Anfa? Ah, TO HELL WITH ANFA!

C) I suggest you start a new thread (a serious thread) that is the complaint thread. You'll get a lot of dumb stuff (mostly from me) but I bet you'll get a few really important points that will i) make this a better site for your creatives and ii) make you some more green iii) create a better vibe and better karma for all involved.

Okay - I'm gettin down off the soapbox now - I think I've said my peace o' th' piece! Wink

Procyon
Site Admin

Post Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:42 pm   Reply with quote         

are the ads gone?

Edit: I mean back to normal...

Edit 2: wait 10-15mins for the cache to catch up.

Post Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:24 pm   Reply with quote         

Procyon wrote:
are the ads gone?

Edit: I mean back to normal...

Edit 2: wait 10-15mins for the cache to catch up.

Yeh the Ads are gone, but there's still that bloody great white hole of white space left.

Please fix it Proc, it brings out my Graffiti Brush tool urges! Twisted Evil

Wiz Wink

BTW: I agree with Rein Man about a 'Complaints Section' in the Forum for us 'orrible whingers to post our hot under the collar gripes to you with.

BTW:(It seems like there's a ground swell of frustrated feelings out there that you need to keep a weather eye on, if my little starter pulled this amount of responses in just a few hours!)

JORDAN792

Post Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:41 pm   Reply with quote         

I love this website, where else can you "hang a picture" and have people from all over the WORLD look at it and critique it. No other sites even compare. So, I will continue to renew advantage and if there is any other way I can contribute I will.

Yes, this place could use improvements but it is still a great place for artists. And yes better prizes I think would make this place more attractive to new comers but, being a "newbie" I saw the prizes and still joined.

I hope this site isn't "dying". Sad that would be a shame.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - "Anybody else finding PSC pages SLOOOW? - Reply to topic